Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

FEMALE MINIATURES

Go down 
+68
Hunger
renfield286
Nanod
Pervavita
folketsfiende
Mike
Montegue
Boreas_NL
HarryMason
Paboook
Captain Bernhardt
Grimscull
Mephysto
Speckie
Chemical Nova
Wyrdstone Dave
Omens
Mo!
Plague Docter
5pointer
cianty
vampirekhaine
SomeOrc
Drugart
Pirexian
drakkol
mweaver
the bearded snot
Dmig
Skavenblight
jbfasta
dwi
Paluke
Fungomungus
MonkeyShaman
Mithras
blessed knight
ChildOfKhorne
Mr_Sinister
JAFisher44
Pathfinder Dubstyles
magokiron
frog
Jadex
Figgy
BossFacePunch
elChelli
Burlok Blackaxe
Myntokk
Von Kurst
Joker2and53
Trulsa
HornedRat
Eliazar
Imbued84
No Time
toemasss
Mordheimer
DeathHead
lord siwoc
Milliardo
Gobbo Freak
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Kaptain Dedgob
Popmouth
hero
DeafNala
pascal the rascal
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 3:37

Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 9:15

Fenryll DOES INDEED make some REALLY great minis that are nearly impossible to get outside of France. C'est la vie, eh?! FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 10:13

What I really can't understand is why so many warriors don't have a brah... Now most of you are guys and don't have boobs (I hope) but every woman that has some breast knows that it hurts to run and jump around with the boobs running free. You don't see male warriors running around without their trousers on...
So the only reason to make topless babes is to give the male ego a lboost and to make males buy the miniatures, And I think that is not the thing about this hobby... Maybe only me being sensitive Razz (And well, I don't mind boobs, I like them to, but I don't see them fit hanging loose on warrior princesses)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 10:30

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Lol FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION IT: it's HAS to be uncomfortable. I figured the topless Lasses should get a free shot at their male opponent & a couple of the female ones as they stare/gawk in a mesmerized fathion.

One of my observations is that some of the sexiest minis are created by female sculptors...Jeanine Bennett comes to mind along with Julie Guthrie. I guess it's a matter of creating something they understand & are familiar with. Another observation from LONG years of painting minis for sale to buy MORE minis to paint & sell is that the purchasers of the female minis are mostly females...being a mercenary type, I've never questioned this.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 10:45

Trulsa wrote:
What I really can't understand is why so many warriors don't have a brah... Now most of you are guys and don't have boobs (I hope) but every woman that has some breast knows that it hurts to run and jump around with the boobs running free. You don't see male warriors running around without their trousers on...
So the only reason to make topless babes is to give the male ego a lboost and to make males buy the miniatures, And I think that is not the thing about this hobby... Maybe only me being sensitive FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_razz (And well, I don't mind boobs, I like them to, but I don't see them fit hanging loose on warrior princesses)

mmmm ....
well ....
1) "no bra has got to hurt" ; we're talking fantasy here, so I don't mind if realism is a bit lost
But I was a bit surprised because several people objected to the unrealistic way of clothing.
2) "male warriors" ; what was the archetypical Conan wearing under his little pelt ?
Remember Braveheart ? The ad for Scotch whisky ? They seemed to have their glockenspiel float
around freely as well ....
3) I have little or no ego, so I don't need to boost it, but it is a fact that female mini's have that
special attraction to me, so being male definately has got something to do with it. (for some of
us at least ; I do not want to speak for my fellow men.) Whether they are fully clothed, partially,
or none at all, is not THAT important. Although I think that the attraction, or tension between
man and woman has at least something to do with sexuality.
And since Nala points out what he experienced with the female point of view on some of his
mini's, I don't have to feel TOO guilty ... FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_rabbit

I fully confess ; I just love this thread !
Maybe it's just middle life crisis ; don't hold it against me, I'm really a nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 11:37

pascal the rascal wrote:
awesome paintjob ! Was this painted by one of the GW staff ???

No, it's a mini painted by Jen Haley.
I love what she does, but it's too expensive for me (about 300$ a mini FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Kopfschuettel)
She litterally brings the minis to life :
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 PvigfrontFEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Wazabifront
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 12:13

thought it wasn't !
the GW level of painting seems to drop instead of rise ... where's the time of Mike McVey's 'eavy metal pages ...
Yes, Miss Haley definately belongs to the top !
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 12:19

I KNOW this is going to get me in trouble, but at this stage in my life a little excitement is a cherished thing. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Suspect

As a basically solitary person with a long standing detachement from "real" life, I have a VAST NUMBER of observations that I could & probably will inflict upon the innocents around moi. The most fascinating thing about females from this male's perspective has nothing at all to sexual allure or even physical beauty; it's that females ARE an entirely different & alien species with agendas that are almost universally different than their male counterparts. As such, they bring an entirely different & interesting viewpoint. OF COURSE, they also DO look REALLY good AND are generally delightful companions. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 73199
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 14:11

well, English being not my mother tongue, I guess things don't always come over the way I intend them to.
With sexuality, I didn't mean anything sexual or physical, but the gender.
For example ; when a woman looks deep into my eyes, it is not uncommon (whether her eyes are just smiling, or mysterious, or whatever) that there is something running up (or down) my spine.
I never had a man look deeply into my eyes and getting that "tension" feeling.

oh well, back to basics
Trulsa's site has nice stuff

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 478610
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 16:17

pascal the rascal wrote:
well, English being not my mother tongue, I guess things don't always come over the way I intend them to.
With sexuality, I didn't mean anything sexual or physical, but the gender.

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Lol I didn't think you did...you express yourself just FINE; in fact, better than most of the English speaking Guys. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 544694

What would a post be without YET ANOTHER Babe? This one is a Scribe, but I could she her a Merchant in Mordheim or BTB/EIF:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 02835_jenscribefront
painted by Jennifer Haley
65051: Jolie, Female Scribe ($2.49)
Werner Klocke
I figured I show off the painted one since everyone seems to like Ms. Haley's work. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Fresse
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 19:51

The Ancient One is feeling like roadkill on the Highway to Happiness today...probably look the part too. SO...I've been Questing Noblely through ALL 583 female minis at the Reaper site seeking out the Mordheimier Babes. This is my new contribution of Equal Employment in the City of the Damned:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 14311_kassandra_jb_f
painted by John Bonnot
14311: Kassandra of the Blade ($5.99)
Werner Klocke

The Lass has LOTS of potential for a variety of roles...or not.

AND I've always had a thing for short Chicks:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 14143_Kara_Foehunter_f
14143: Kara Foehunter, Dwarf Hero ($4.99)
Werner Klocke

A most welcome addition to any wandering Band of Vertically Challenge Psychopathic Grumps...wonder how you say "OH BABY!" in Dwarven. OR form a War Band ALL their own:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 06115_shieldmaidena_ds
painted by Derek Schubert
06115: Shield Maidens(9), Dwarf Adept ($39.99)
Derek Schubert
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 06115_shieldmaidenb_ds
Derek Schubert
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 06115_shieldmaidenc_ds
Derek Schubert
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 03125_mengu_f
painted by Mengu Gungor
03125: Bailey Silverbell, Dwarf ($4.99)
Werner Klocke
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 21:23

you've been busy !!!
damn ! the scribe for only 2.49 $ ?!!!
seems like a lovely mini
like the books a lot
and yes, Miss Healy definately belongs to the top !

i'll be forced to go through the 580 reaper ones myself !
and buy anything under $ 5 ... !
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_geek
and then be ruined by the import taxes !
and then get murdered by the misses !
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 21:33

All the minis with the 65xxx catalog #s contain lead & are substantially less expensive...the Scribe in pewter goes for $4.49 I believe. The lead minis are a delight to work with, & the plan is to have the option for most of the range. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 544694

There REALLY are a lot of minis in the the Reaper list that are VERY cool, but the photos don't show to advantage. C'est la vie. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Suspect
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 21:42

one for Lanyssa !

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 153416

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Img41c12
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 23:41

Quote :
You don't see male warriors running around without their trousers on...

Or do you!

http://shop.warlordgames.co.uk/ekmps/shops/warlord/images/4x_fanatics_web.jpg
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 2:32

Wow, I can't believe I have missed this thread as long as I have. It's a pretty great thread. In fact, I officially petition to declare this thread the greatest thread in the history of Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum.

Just kidding. But not really. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_razz

Eric
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 10:15

thanks guys !

Hero, great research !
we need more guys like you !

and a big thank you to Deafnala, who has been supporting this thread in his own imaginative style from the beginning.

keep those pics coming !
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 10:18

Nala, this one's for you. (I would have preferred a greenskin instead of a dark elf, but couldn't find one.)

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Dark_e10
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 10:22

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Lol I don't know if the thread is the "greatest", but it CERTAINLY is one of the MOST enthusiatically supported ones. I LOVE painting female minis, maybe even as much as I LOVE painting Goblins; it's reassuring to know there are like minded Guys & Gals in our little community.

AND here's another Swashbuckling Cutie with Mordheim potential:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 02981_lonnia_DS_f
02981: Lonnia, Female Duelist ($4.99)
Gene Van Horne

Herr Scubert is quite a good painter & almost as prolific as Drugart...almost.
I could, amongst other things, imagine this sword wielding Wench as a Tilean Duelist. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Fresse
Back to top Go down
Kaptain Dedgob
Veteran
Veteran
Kaptain Dedgob

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 10:29

I might get crucified if I open my mouth, but oh well. Somehow this thread is starting to bother me. I know I don't have to click it, it's my own fault and decision, but after it got the R-rating on it... It seems to me that this thread has become just a thing for certain individuals and since it sometimes swings into "adult entertainment" type of miniatures, I feel like this should be in private. I do admit that I'm not after the niche of female miniatures, on the contrary really so I wouldn't be able to take part in this thread to begin with. I'm not the kind of a person who makes a big fuss about seeing some boobies on the internet, but I think this thread has slightly become just drooling over women instead of miniatures, which makes me tad uncomfortable.

I'm sorry. I could've just kept my yap shut and lived on like this, but it's just bothering me. I guess I'm the only person who feels this way.

EDIT: Also because it's in all caps and always at the top of the list I keep clicking it FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_sad

Last edited by Kaptain Dedgob on Wed 14 Oct 2009 - 10:47; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 10:31

VERY COOL, pascal! She remins me of my Ex-wife, Old Crazy Linda...attitude-wise, that is. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Suspect
The Dark Elves are among the better GW efforts at female minis. Most of the REALLY good ones were done by Chris Fitzpatrick, now The Man at Crocodile Games. GW has a REAL talent at lossing their more talented & imaginative people...I wonder why FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Suspect .
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 10:53

Kaptain Dedgob wrote:
I might get crucified if I open my mouth, but oh well. Somehow this thread is starting to bother me. I know I don't have to open it, it's my own fault and decision, but after it got the R-rating on it... It seems to me that this thread has become just a thing for certain individuals and since it sometimes swings into "adult entertainment" type of miniatures, I feel like this should be in private. I do admit that I'm not after the niche of female miniatures, on the contrary really so I wouldn't be able to take part in this thread to begin with. I'm not the kind of a person who makes a big fuss about seeing some boobies on the internet, but I think this thread has slightly become just drooling over women instead of miniatures, which makes me tad uncomfortable.

I'm sorry. I could've just kept my yap shut and lived on like this, but it's just bothering me. I guess I'm the only person who feels this way.

I've got to admit that there are a fair number of "Pin Up" Gals in the thread, which was why I added the "R Rated" to the title so as not to offend our more Puritanical Brethren. HOWEVER, the intent of the thread is to showcase female minis that might be included in Mordheim style War Bands. The Ladies do occupy a prominent role in Fantasy literature, but are largely ignored in the gaming world. I believe this is one of the reasons that some of the Gals that paint feel excluded from the gaming aspect. Personally, I just enjoy painting the femmes; they add a LOT to a War Band.

Doing the "spoiler" thingy with the more risque minis would be an excellent idea...if I knew how to do it.

We all have things we're interested in or not in the Forum. I generally avoid the endless Rules debates...it has a certain effect on moi: FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Sleep ; other Guys find it fascinating. Diverse interests that are shared in an atmosphere of tolerance is one of the things that makes this such a lively community. God forbid we should agree on EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 10:55

@ Nala :

multi lol !!!!

@ Dedgob :

hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I appreciate yours as much as I do all the others.
So no, you definately don't have to keep your yap shut !
Besides sharing pictures in this thread, it's also about valueing other people's opinions !
You are right in the fact that this thread is for "certain individuals" as you put it. Namely those who like the minis.
Whether some nakedness is for adults only (and what age exactly is that ?) or not would be a long discussion. I'll leave that up to the administrators, to remove certain images if the decency should become lost.
There's only one of your points that I would like to object to ; I must disagree when you think that this thread is about drooling over women instead of miniatures.
I can not imagine someone looking for "women to drool over", finding something to his liking in this thread.
And I think I speak not only for myself, when I would like to convince you that it is indeed the miniatures and the paint jobs I'm drooling over. And whether the mini's are in full plated armour, or just tiny pants doesn't make much difference to me.
They're just different sides, aspects of mini's ...

I'm sorry if this thread bothers you.
I can only take consolation in the fact that there are also people who seem to like it.
But, like I said ; no crucifiction, only appreciation for your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 11:01

Thanks Pascal, but I prefer Lanyssa in Black & White FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_razz
The female duelist is a must have, I don't have the mini yet, but I planned to have it, she will make a great addition to my Marienburgers FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_biggrin

From Gamezone, I like the vampirish attitude (I don't find better pics, sorry FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_redface), perhaps it's a lil' bit weird to fight with her in the Mordheim's streets :
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Product_47215
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 11:17

Game Zone makes some REALLY great stuff that compliments GW's setting VERY nicely. A Mostly Dead War Band led by a seductive Female Vampire would be UBERCOOL. NICE MINI! FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 544694

Some possible minions:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Rotten-Belles

Well, they ARE Ladies of the Evening...or used to be. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FEMALE MINIATURES
Page 9 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next