Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My own little corner of Mordheim...

Go down 
+130
Bolbotos
Fat Rat
qazbnm
monkeylite
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Lion01
Pyyr
JoaoS
wanna993
Arli
Jerry_O
theomar pius
neuh
Spectre76
Da Great MC
cobaltearthgem
thecandlelit chopshop
chaos wolf
Ser Tasnica
RobinTrevize
Vagabond
oseru
Drenengar
oldschoolgameroo
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
DrHobo
Dasgnom
LAZtheinfamous
opaque
Ordo Septenarius
5pointer
Gardamazh
Ninja Goblin
Macefist
Theorox
Krolog da Facemangolor
SerialMoM
Tintin
HarryMason
hexenjagar
Krataeros
Milliardo
FKSN
Grimscull
Narcissus
Tewfik
Speckie
Soulblight
Plague Docter
WarbossKurgan
Kapitan_Hak
death comes to all
Rudeboy
Ezekiel
superscenic
floedebolle
Skavenblight
franzyland
Mr.chair
drakkol
Nerje
Captain Bernhardt
vampirekhaine
widgren
MTD
Von Kurst
SiliconSicilian
Ashton
Kaptain BlackSquig
XIII
Judo
Pirexian
werekin
shanks
Hasselt
mweaver
CygnusMaximus
Pretaboire
MonkeyShaman
Pablo_El_Marques
crouching lictor
whisper2053
Mithras
JessicaCastro
Paluke
dalanshin
Your Mum's Warband
Goonstah
Mr_Sinister
kidbone
garathiel
frog
KRUG_666
magokiron
Paintedpain
Cavonius
Powerposey
Yitu
eternaldream
Johann Cocaine
si
Duce
perfesser
No Time
justizius
Mordheimer
Da Bank
Aldhick
SeiFeR-NL
matt
Jadex
Gobbo Freak
Popmouth
Figgy
pascal the rascal
black mantis
Kaptain Dedgob
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Ash
Pfreck
Tagnator
HornedRat
Drugart
And
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
lord siwoc
DeafNala
Lanyssa Ryssyll
cianty
Boreas_NL
134 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

My own little corner of Mordheim... Empty
PostSubject: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009 - 17:37

During the previous two months I've been busy building a board for Mordheim... Not yet finished, but already good enough to play on...

I've included some of the most recent pictures in this post. The table is from IKEA and measures 75x150 cm... Last week I fitted it with an extra pair of supports because the table started sagging in the middle.

My own little corner of Mordheim... SDC10345
An empty board, without all the buildings...

My own little corner of Mordheim... SDC10362

My own little corner of Mordheim... SDC10354
Two pictures from a different angle with all the buildings... As you can see, there is still enough room left for at least one, preferably even two more buildings...

For a complete overview of how I built this board, including close ups of all builings and warband pics I direct you to my thread on Warseer (link in sig)... I will update both threads when I make some progress...

Last edited by Boreas_NL on Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 16:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009 - 18:01

Wow! Stunning board! Are those HirstArts pieces?

The buildings look great! I can only imagine how great this board will look eventually! I look forward to the painted houses!! bounce bounce bounce

Oh, and welcome, by the way! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009 - 18:17

Impressive high buildings !!! My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_bounce

A paradise for the snipers My own little corner of Mordheim... 53202
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009 - 18:27

VERY, VERY NICE! That's my idea of a proper Mordheim board...LOTS of TALL buildings at several different leves with ALL SORTS of INTERESTING angles. There's TREMENDOUS potential for swashbuckling on this BEAUTY. VERY WELL DONE! My own little corner of Mordheim... 544694

Since I think in terms of feet & inches, I recalculated the table size...at 2 1/2' X 5', you actually could use another table to bring it up to a "recommended size". That would mean EVEN MORE UBERCOOL buildings...OH BABY! My own little corner of Mordheim... Fresse
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009 - 20:42

Motherfu...... erm.... stunning is the word I was looking for! Yes stunning!

Looking really good mate. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
Champion
Champion
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009 - 22:12

"That's my idea of a proper Mordheim board"

I'll second that. Wish I lived in Papendrecht so I had a chance to play on it hehehe.

Seeing houses like this makes me think twice about posting my WIP scenery :S
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009 - 23:20

That's awesome! *drools*

*stop drooling* What are the walls, etc of the building made of? And where did you get all the wood for the houses too?

Im really impressed! it's really, real... *drools again*
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009 - 0:54

My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_cheers Excellent! Impressive does not do it justice.
Back to top Go down
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009 - 2:41

I would love to see the building wips. But I can't find the link in your sig, actually dont even see your sig.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009 - 17:05

That's a lot of cool feedback and a lot of questions... This forum is really active!

Quote :
I would love to see the building wips. But I can't find the link in your sig, actually dont even see your sig.

I will post some pictures of the buildings close up, but this will take some time... I fixed the sig though...

Quote :
*stop drooling* What are the walls, etc of the building made of? And where did you get all the wood for the houses too?

The walls are made with 2 mm thick plasticard, not the flimsy stuff, and are extremely durable. The wood I used for the main structure (thick beams and stuff) is 9 x 9 mm wood I purchased at a local DIY store. It costs €2,50 at 2.7 m... Quite a bargain, because comparable sized balsa wood is much more expensive... Even more important if you take into accout the 60+ m I used for this project...
All of the smaller sized wood I buy at my local hobby shop. After the third or fourth purchase of a small fortune of balsa wood he figured I was up to something My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_lol Most of the times I only get my GW gubbins there...

Because it would be no good post without pictures, I have a few for you... Some of the latest buildings and a few early pics as well!

My own little corner of Mordheim... SDC10322
One of the larger buildings. Two entrances, multiple stories and a very nice view for all my marksmen...

My own little corner of Mordheim... SDC10353
The tallest structure on the board. This belltower really towers above the city...

My own little corner of Mordheim... SDC10319
Another big one. As the project continued, the buildings got bigger and bigger...

My own little corner of Mordheim... DSCN0197
Two members of my warband: Liebert's Looters... A Stirlander River Patrol using the Reiklander rules, with one notable exception: NO BLACK POWDER! The one on the left is my sixth hero, a really talented lad... Once known as Sieger Behn, he is now simply referred to as Der Sieger.
The one on the right is my Tillean Marksman, Anton, which is short for Antonio, but as that sounds distinctly gay, the guys decided to call him Anton instead. My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009 - 19:18

RECOMMENDATION: Any Forumite who would like to soak up 11 GLORIOUS pages of PURE INSPIRATION MUST check out Boreas' War Seer thread.

GREAT STUFF; WELL DONE, Amigo! My own little corner of Mordheim... 544694
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009 - 20:50

Te gek man! Eindelijk weer een goeie nederlander! My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_biggrin

Nice stuff you've got, succes with building/painting and all the things My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_smile

Cheers!

Last edited by Tagnator on Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 16:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009 - 22:17

Tagnator wrote:
Te gek man! Eindelijk een goeie nederlander! My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_biggrin
Ahem! And what is that supposed to mean? My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_scratch

Great stuff, Boreas! I really like the way you made a perfectly playable table out of an Ikea table, simply awesome! My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_cheers
Are you actually using plasticard for these buildings? I was guessing foamboard.. isn't plasticard too heavy?

I'm really looking forward to see something painted!
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Ash
General
General
Ash

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 6:30

I looked through the thread on warseer. WOW that's awesome! Makes me want to make a whole new board. I love how everything is of the same style. My board is a very eclectic mix of buildings. Also I love the look of the wood framing with the plasticard walls. Great Job!! My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_cheers

Can you tell me more about the wood you use? You said you got it from a diy store, it's not balsa? That would be pricey for that size. I am very curious to find something similar over here in the states.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 7:22

I am speachless... My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Kaptain Dedgob
Veteran
Veteran
Kaptain Dedgob

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 9:24

affraid Woah!
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 10:14

Looking at your Warseer log i dont understand how you make the floors in the buildings rest on anything?

There are no crossing supports, etc and it doest seem there is room on the supports that the walls are resting on to attach a floor? :S

How did you do it?
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 16:52

Another one I meant, my excuse to the other Dutch My own little corner of Mordheim... 492214
Back to top Go down
black mantis
Champion
Champion
black mantis

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Chaos Dwarfs (BTB) Chaos Dwarfs (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 18:22

Awesome
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 18:41

Come on guys, you are making me blush... My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_redface My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_redface My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_redface

Quote :
Looking at your Warseer log i dont understand how you make the floors in the buildings rest on anything?

There are no crossing supports, etc and it doest seem there is room on the supports that the walls are resting on to attach a floor? :S

How did you do it?

All floors are supported by smaller pieces of (left over) balsa wood and the secret ingredient: super glue! Furthermore, I try to get them to fit as close as possible...
There are no additional supports because they would impede playability. As the floors are not to big, there is no problem.

My own little corner of Mordheim... SDC10144

My own little corner of Mordheim... SDC10145

My own little corner of Mordheim... SDC10146

My own little corner of Mordheim... SDC10159

A few pictures of some of the statues. More to come...
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 18:45

Quote :
Another one I meant, my excuse to the other Dutch My own little corner of Mordheim... 492214

They will be very offended... Echt waar! Are there many Dutch folks? I already know Ezekiel, are there any more? We should get a seperate topic!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 19:09

Boreas_NL wrote:
Quote :

They will be very offended... Echt waar! Are there many Dutch folks? I already know Ezekiel, are there any more? We should get a seperate topic!

We are blessed with a fair number of Ubertalented Dutch Guys. My own little corner of Mordheim... 544694
Back to top Go down
Ash
General
General
Ash

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 19:41

I am definetly inspired! I went browsing this morning before work. I found some decent sized lumber at OSH (west coast hardware store) they had 1/4" and 3/8" square poplar. It was very reasonable for 79c and 99c for a 3' length. I'm still looking for a good miter box. That small metal one you have looks great. I think xacto makes something like that.

Thanks again for the inspiration Smile I've needed some motivation lately Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 21:18

een verloren gelopen belgje hier en daar ...
;-)
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 22:56

Quote :
All floors are supported by smaller pieces of
(left over) balsa wood and the secret ingredient: super glue!
Furthermore, I try to get them to fit as close as possible...

But i dont see those balsa wood pieces on the buildings without floors added ?? :O

I need to know how you're doing this XD Im trying to make some buildings like that... if you'll allow me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My own little corner of Mordheim...
Page 1 of 34Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next