Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Empty
PostSubject: Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone   Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2009 - 20:42

It's always a worry wether that shiny new miniature you've got your eye on is the right size for what you've got planned for it. So let's get some comparison shots going! If you've got some cool minis that feel at home in the City of the Damned, put 'em next to something everyone can relate to (such as a plastic militia dude) and snap us some pics!

Here's what I got in the post today.

Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Helld-marienburg
Occidentaux Blades for Hire from Helldorado, pressganged into service as Swordsmen with my Marienburgers.

Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Helld-damned
Damned Rank & File also from Helldorado, filling out the numbers of my Zealots. I foresee them getting up to no good as a Frenzied Mob in the future as well.

Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Gamezone-marauder
Chaos Champion from Gamezone. He's destined to be a mutant in a future Possessed warband. Here he's hanging out with a marauder-based Pit Fighter.

I'm sure I've got more stuff worth size-comparing in the boxes. Meanwhile, if you've got it - Compare it Very Happy

Last edited by FKSN on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 13:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artinam
Hero
Hero
Artinam

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone   Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2009 - 21:24

Very nice, helldorado seems just to small in comparison to GW. Nonetheless pretty good.The gamezone is near identical, like it.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone   Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Icon_minitimeWed 5 Aug 2009 - 2:22

Gamezone's niche is ripping off or one upping GW so that's no surprise. I thought Helldorado was sold as 30mm but that doesn't seem to be the case with these figures. I do think that Helldorado has an internal scale problem as well from the 2 swordsmen.

That said if there was a local distributer I'd gobble up a bunch of minis from both companies! Smile

Thanks for the post!
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone   Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Icon_minitimeWed 5 Aug 2009 - 2:37

I disagree when it comes to the internal scale in Helldorado. There is a lot of variance in height & bulk from mini to mini, but head & hand sizes match up in a way you'd expect between people of different size. I might be saying that because I like the Penn & Teller vibe I get from the Hired Blades. Also, I can't stop giggling at how tiny the Immortals (Chinese) are compared to everything else Laughing
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone   Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Icon_minitimeWed 5 Aug 2009 - 9:24

I've been wanting those Hired Blades for some time. It's good to see a comparison shot. They are indeed smaller than I expected...
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone   Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Icon_minitimeWed 5 Aug 2009 - 11:38

VERY, VERY NICE STUFF! The painted Lads are BEAUTIFULLY done. A certain variation in height & girth is appealing to moi; re, it's more realistic having folks of different stature. Keep up the GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone   Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009 - 13:34

Some more comparison shots! Got me some civilians and a mule-driven cart.

Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone IapYGBKyN
Warlord Games' Roman Cart.
A little hard to make out from the angle of the picture, but those mules look a regular mordheim plastic guy straight in the eye. So a little bigger than it looks like right here. Biggest letdown is that a 20mm base don't quite fit on the cart. I built the 'cavalry' bases out of 20mm bases, so I could put the cart on a 40mm square and everything still looks good together.

Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone IIUQCUntB
A selection of Warlord Games' Pike & Shotte Clubmen.
These guys range from crazy-tiny midgets to almost acceptable. Still, it'll do for scenario-specific NPCs. Also, it brings a warm feeling of nostalgia to see a blister with 8 minis in it Laughing

Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone ZfEBMiBrG
And positive surprise: Gamezone's Peasant Levy III
Pretty much perfect size, and should match GW's frenzied mob perfectly. That
priestly dude in the middle has so much character, he might see some action as a witch hunter warrior priest.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone   Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009 - 14:01

Thanks for these shots! It's always great to see comparison shots and I love seeing other companies' Civilian models. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone   Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Size Comparisons - 090828 - Warlord & Gamezone
Page 1 of 1