Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Watchers season 7

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cian Shieldbiter
Knight
Knight
Cian Shieldbiter

Trading Reputation : 0

Watchers season 7 Empty
PostSubject: Watchers season 7   Watchers season 7 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 17:53

Hi folk, next instalment…………

At last he’d managed to track down the beast, a chaos dragon, mighty, fearsome and hard as ten year old sea leather. His men were still with him apart from Jorundsonn who was still injured and they had a new man who seemed to be a berserker. New blood but he would be hard put to fill Aegir’s boots.

Something stirred in the ruins that served as a den for the mighty beast “it must be intuition because the warband had moved quietly and from down wind” thought Eric.

Then he heard it, movement from the left and right, there on his left, ogres, “by the dark gods, their stench even reached him”.

Quickly he reformed his plan to kill and skin the chaos dragon, now he’d have to try and beat the ogres to it. He waved his men forward but then as they started to gather speed he saw them of to his left, Skaven, the same band that had tried to steal the liber chaotica.

Fury welled inside him, already the wulfen was charging the skaven, blood red rage filled his heart and he heard some one screaming “blood for the lords of chaos”, “kill the vermin scum, no mercy” the wulfen was howling, his pack bayed a chorus even as they ran and Eric realised the screaming voice was his.

The ogres decided caution was the better part of valour and moved away from the impending combat. Their leader was always the cautious one and so far it had paid off. He ordered his men to go around the ruins in the hope of finishing off whoever survived the forth coming battle.

It was different this time, the rat-men fell like heads of wheat beneath the scythe, Eric revelled in the death and blood. Perhaps he revelled too much for a skaven blade slipped past his armour and took him down. The sword of damnation slipped from his hand and his world went dark.

Saemund picked up the sword that had fell from Eric’s hand, he might be the new blood in this warband but he knew the value of such an item. This was good, he loved battle and this leader seemed a favourite of the dark gods. Already he’d dispatched a couple of skaven, none stood before him and he watched as the ragged remnants fled the battle. Then he looked further and northward, ogres, the brutes had taken cover behind the ruins and were now bearing down on the Norse, he looked behind and saw a few ogres had stayed back. Trapped he and the norse still standing charged the ogres nearest them but weakened by the skaven and leaderless they stood no chance. The wulfen put up a good fight as did Grim the berserker, Halftan the bondsman stood over his leader defending his body awaiting the ogre charge from the north, but soon it became obvious they had to run or die, as one they chose to run.

Eric’s armour, helmet and lucky charm had been stripped from his body by battle field scavengers who he imagined thought him dead. Well he wasn’t but the chaos dragon was. What’s more its hide had been taken. He stumbled away from the battle field in search of his men

He found them licking their wounds in the lee of two massive boulders that erupted from the ground like craggy boils through green, corpse coloured flesh. Two marauders were dead, the rest had no serious injuries and the new blood had saved the liber chaotica and sword of damnation, for this at least Eric was thankful. As his men filled him in on what had happened disdain for the ogres and their cowardly tactics ate at him.

Game over.

Serious battle this between the Skaven and Norse, again many casualties on each side.

The crucial point for the Norse was when I needed to decide what they would do when the ogres and skaven became visible. Eric is a pawn in the grip of chaos and so many of his decisions may seem non – sensible, so to randomise things a bit I rolled a D6, 1= attack skaven, 2-5 = attack dragon, 6 = attack ogres.

I rolled a 1, as you’ve already guessed.

Cian Shieldbiter
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Watchers season 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season 7   Watchers season 7 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 18:58

EXCELLENT TALE as always! Eric the Short is fast becoming a favorite character with moi. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Watchers season 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season 7   Watchers season 7 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 19:58

Great read! As always!

Now all you need is the helmet and then everything is 'in play'... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Cian Shieldbiter
Knight
Knight
Cian Shieldbiter

Watchers season 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season 7   Watchers season 7 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Aug 2009 - 15:26

Eric will probably take from a Henchman group. Eric seems doomed to me, a pawn of chaos and to weak to stand a reasonable chance against his ogre equal.
I am fast learing that light armour is not much use (especialy against man eaters) when weighed against its cost. When we start a new campaign/setting i will try and talk my mates into the alternative rules ive seen on here.
Thanks for the comments folk.
Cian Shieldbiter
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

Watchers season 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season 7   Watchers season 7 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Aug 2009 - 15:37

Yes, Light armour isn't worth... anything. We are using shields (with +1 in combat) and only care for heavy and Gromril/Chaos armour.
Back to top Go down
TheWatcher
Champion
Champion
TheWatcher

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

Watchers season 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season 7   Watchers season 7 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Aug 2009 - 21:40

very nice report again Kev i agree with you about Eric hes the only thing i dont like about your warband the norse have been fantastic to play against and have loads of flavour and character then theres Eric i will be honest with you mate im amazed hes lasted this long. On a side note i think this campaign is still yours if you can find Ghartoks skull its only a matter of time before you get the armour back from my ogres, and i think you have been the better Captain during it ....... this doesnt mean im going to let you win and im still going to feed eric to the great maw Razz

Im more then up for some extra rules tho i think it will possibly be lizardmen, orcs or dwarfs or something next for me the ogres have been a bit of a grind to get where i am now

the +1 sheild rule cianty that the hand weapon sheild rule from warhammer ??
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

Watchers season 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season 7   Watchers season 7 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Aug 2009 - 21:46

Yes, Martin. It's the same rules as in Warhammer. You can read the spelled out in the Extended rules section at the end of the BTB supplement.
Back to top Go down
TheWatcher
Champion
Champion
TheWatcher

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

Watchers season 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season 7   Watchers season 7 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Aug 2009 - 21:50

I wasnt sure i thought i had seen something similar around the back but i havent looked in the rules for a few weeks there at kevs

and yea dont start kev i know i know most of the rules for most of the games off by heart but thats a rule we dont use so never needed to pay that much attention to it Razz
Back to top Go down
Cian Shieldbiter
Knight
Knight
Cian Shieldbiter

Watchers season 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season 7   Watchers season 7 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2009 - 14:28

Martin, mate, dude, me, have a go ????!!!!! Razz
Its true you know more of the rules than me and Chris put together and i do appreciate and value that.

See you later mate.
Cian Shieldbiter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Watchers season 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season 7   Watchers season 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watchers season 7
Page 1 of 1