HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Watchers season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cian Shieldbiter
Knight
Knight

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Watchers season   Mon 29 Jun 2009 - 9:56

Hi folk, what with holidays and promised non -appearing battle reports from my game playing pals I’m afraid that the watchers season has gone a little awry. So I’m gonna pick up the “Eric the Short” story a bit down the line. Eric has the sword of damnation and the warband is maxed out on campaign points, therefore I’m desperately trying to get the other 3 chaos artifacts to win the campaign of course my game playing pals have ideas of their own.

Scenario = Siege (part 1)

Eric looked around dazedly, since taking this damn sword from the chaos champion he’d started to have memory lapses and nightmares that left him groggy, neither of which his war band could find out about. His men already viewed him warily, non would meet his eye apart from the wulfen with his animalistic stare. The men talked of battles he had only vague recollections of, he clearly remembered the sword cutting down an ogre and turning it into a quivering mass of flesh and limbs that turned upon its former allies and companions but wasn’t sure if it was nightmare or reality. He guessed that either chaos or madness were the paths that lay before him and cared little as to which claimed him if it eased the soul deep suffering he felt. When he started his journey to the borderlands years before he had been bondsman to a Jarl he could no longer remember. All he wanted was respect, wealth and above all reputation, well he had a reputation now but weather it was the one he wanted he wasn’t so sure. He saw fear in his enemies eyes when he fought but he knew it wasn’t for himself but for the sword he carried, secretly he suspected that he wasn’t the best leader his men could have but non of the heroes from his band were capable of leading others.

He stood and called his men to arm themselves, a few days earlier he had made a pact with a skaven warband he had previously fought against, to attack a small town in the borderlands that he promised them was full of riches, weather it was or not he cared little, they in turn upon the strength of his promise had called in help from an ogre warband he had also fought against. If he wasn’t careful he could find himself caught between two disgruntled warbands. What he actually was after was a book, a magic book, a book that contained rituals and spells of chaos, a book called the Liber Chaotica. He’d seen the respect his men held for the shamen who had recently sold his services to them, perhaps this way he might gain some for himself.

On his left flank he saw the skaven scurrying about in preparation to attack, to his right there stood the ogre’s. His warband would be in the middle, well at least initially, he planned to flank the ogres at the earliest opportunity and use ladders to scale the walls.

Lined up on the towns walls he could make out elven archers and inside he knew there were kislevites and battle monks backed up by a few peasants. He ordered the charge and his men jumped forward wolves and wulfen leading as always. “Chaos or madness” he thought to himself as he ran forward.

Power surged through him and halted him for a few moments, he looked to the sword but noticed the rest of his norsemen had halted too, to his right and left the ogres and skaven had halted as well. His men looked at him with fear in their eyes and his hands went to his face that felt totally different, “ the blessing of father nurgle” he heard the shamen shout. “Forward men of the north, for chaos and damnation” he heard himself scream and his band leapt forward.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Mon 29 Jun 2009 - 10:48

Awesome intro! I'm all excited for the coming battle! A really great fluff. I love how you combine the motives for the scenarios... seeing the respect the marauders have for the Shaman Hired Sword and combining that with the scenario objective. Very nice! I very much look forward to the coming fightings!

Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Mon 29 Jun 2009 - 14:17

ANOTHER FINE STORY! Having attracted Nurgle's blessing, it doesn't look like Eric is going to get lucky this weekend...ever Suspect . I'm looking forward to the continuing Saga. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cian Shieldbiter
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 7:38

Thanks folk, you are quite right DeafNala, Eric the Shorts days of wooing are done zombie . He has been unlucky with his exp. increases so far and only has 4 left to go !!! I will post the whole warbands stats at the end of our next Mordheim session in which Eric and his gang play the Skaven in the "Heist "scenario but for now part 2 ...

The wulfen, who had no name that he could remember, heeded Jarl Eric the short’s words and hung back but already he could feel the bloodlust rising within. His wolves who were perhaps the only creatures he felt any emotion towards obeyed his command and slowed also. Ogres began to cross his intended path and he knew, pack leader or no, that he could not keep them back much longer. Just the smell of their filthy bodies made him want to rend them and now they were in plain sight with their backs to him it took all his self control to restrain himself and his pack. He heard Jarl Eric’s shouted commands to bear right and forward and let out a ferocious howl, his pack joined him in a hunting chorus that gave the marauders time to catch up. All self control left him suddenly and he let himself be taken by the beast within, once again he felt truly at one with and part of the pack.

Eric gave a sigh of relief, the wulfen had listened to his pre-battle tactics and obeyed his battlefield commands, just for a moment he thought the pack would attack the ogres but now that moment was past. Their howling filled the air and his men took courage from it and answered with their own blood curdling screams. Then they were off and running towards the walls “ even with that leg wound the wulfen could out run any other in the warband” thought Eric. Then arrows began to rain down around them and he saw a wolf fall, skewered. As quickly as possible the berserkers and bondsmen ran forward overtaking Eric in a hurry to place their ladders.

Bondsman Jorundsonn ran toward the towering walls whilst arrows rained down around him, luckily the wolves were taking the brunt of the missile fire and he saw 3 go down in quick succession. To his left he heard a thunderous bang as the gates were battered down by the brutish ogres. Some of the war bands marauders had disobeyed their Jarls orders and followed the ogre warband towards the gates which they now poured through. Then, ladder placed, Jorundsonn began his accent on the wall followed by the berserker, all the while he expected an elf arrow to pierce his light armour. To his right climbed Eric , his Jarl and his fathers before hims Jarl, the wulfen was already up and over. Finally he jumped over the wall and landed on a walk way sword and axe ready, shield slung at his back as his father had taught him. The elves were fleeing, it seemed the ogres had thoroughly dispirited them. He turned to race down the walls steps and into the town which was already burning thanks to the rat men warband. Pain lanced through his body the source was a Cathayan sword, Jorundsonn’s last thought was of his father and he wondered if he would be proud of his son.

Eric sat clutching the book, the battle was over although buildings still burnt and occasionally men screamed,” those damned skaven enjoy torture, hope I never fall into their claws “ he thought wryly. Most of his Norsemen were searching for loot and treasure. For himself Eric had gone straight to the temple, there where the shaman had said it would be was the Liber Chaotica. The shaman eyed Eric warily, plainly his desire for the book had shown in battle, no one had stood in his way and the sword had even called another innocent to chaos, turning them into a slug like spawn. Two others sat with them, the wulfen who Eric had seen ripping men apart with his claws who cared little for treasure of any sort and his young bondsman Jorundsonn, who had regained consciousness after falling to a mighty blow from a cathayan knight, a few days rest and he should be fine.

“What now” thought Eric “now the chaos book was his and men would respect him”, “there were no limits to what he might achieve”. “I wonder if my ancestors know how powerful I’m becoming”. He caught a glimpse of himself in a dirty puddle and gasped in shock “ the blessing of father nurgle” the shamans words rang in his ears. “Would my ancestors really be proud ?” he asked himself. “Likely not, but it was too late to turn back now”, he opened the book and began to read, the words sprang into his head and insinuated themselves into his brain “. After all the chaos lords rarely take back gifts”.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 8:05

EXCELLENT READ! The games that inspire your Tales MUST be a WONDER to behold & participate in. Keep up the FINE WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cian Shieldbiter
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 8:25

Thank you very much, I have an (over) active imagination and have had since i was a child, i find writing a blow by blow account tiring and tedious but this style does come easier !!! Our scenery is nothing special and like our models has seen many years use so some imagination is neccesary (?)I have seriously tried to get some pic's taken but i can't see it happening in the near future.

Many thanks
Cian Shielbiter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 9:17

Very cool, Cian! Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this down! I always enjoy reading your reports. They are a cool way of participating in your games. Thank you!

Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 9:41

Cheers Dude

Cian Shieldbiter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Sat 4 Jul 2009 - 5:13

Cian Shieldbiter wrote:
Thank you very much, I have an (over) active imagination and have had since i was a child, i find writing a blow by blow account tiring and tedious but this style does come easier !!! Our scenery is nothing special and like our models has seen many years use so some imagination is neccesary (?)I have seriously tried to get some pic's taken but i can't see it happening in the near future.

Many thanks
Cian Shielbiter

I CAN identify with that. Until Mordheim, most of the scenery from the war games I was involved with were, at best representational, out of scale, &, generally. fairly mediocre. HOWEVER, in my mind, particularly when viewed through the mists of memory, each little action had a cinematic quality...the thundering clatter of horse hooves, the crash of volleys of musketry, the smell of gun powder...you get the idea. AND all the little tin heroes slowly transformed into mini people, each with their own personalities. What a WONDEROUS pastime we share!

Don't sweat the photos; your Tales paint a vivid enough picture that further imagery is not really necessary...did I REALLY say that? Suspect . thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Today at 21:06

Back to top Go down

Watchers season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1