Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Watchers season

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cian Shieldbiter
Knight
Knight
Cian Shieldbiter

Trading Reputation : 0

Watchers season Empty
PostSubject: Watchers season   Watchers season Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2009 - 16:49

As promised a resumption of the BTB campaign originally posted by “The Watcher”.

I cannot remember how many weeks we are in exactly and how each game went but I’m gonna call it week 6 which means 4 weeks are missing, so a quick update.

We have played manhunt again (properly this time) and the under ground scenario against each other (1 on 1) and as a three way with a large set up area using floor tiles from advanced hero quest.

The Norse which I play have gone from strength to strength usually through lucky rolls in the exploration phase.

The Kislevites (played by Chris) suffered in manhunt and lost a lot of men which they are only just starting to recover from.

The Maneaters (played by Martin)have really stayed the same, though hard to beat in the early games expense and slow experience gain has slowed them right down.

Anyway on to week 6.

For this week I chose “Avalanche”, 3 games all 1 on 1.

First up norse v maneaters, Weather = blizzard, first roll on the perilous phenomenon table brings up Belandash with that broad sword of damnation and believe me I want that. So ignoring the ogres my heroes made a bee line for belandash whilst the ogres ran from him.

Next turn the ogres make sure he cant see them (blizzard) but stay near enough to attack me from behind when I reach belandash. Next turn and the avalanche is moving really quickly towards us and I get a wolf near enough to belandash to draw him towards it and the rest of my warband. Belandash charges the wolf but only knocked it down.

Next turn and the ogres start a cowardly retreat from Belandash who would be able to see them when he finishes the wolf and the norse realise that they might get only one round of combat with belandash before the avalanche covers them so apart from 1 wolf who bravely tries to lead belandash towards the ogres they run from the approaching mountain slide. Belandash kills the knocked down wolf.

Next turn and the ogres cannot be further from the norse if they left the table, belandash who moves randomly is covered by snow and rock and the norse gather their strength and decide to sit it out.

Next turn, neither the ogres or norse can reach each other and the avalanche stops 8” from the table edge. Game Over. Result = draw.

Second Game its Norse v Kislevites, the kislevites are vastly outnumbered 7 to 16 but stand their ground as norse wolves and then men close assault them. After killing 4 wolves they force the norse to a route test and with only 1 turn until the avalanche reaches them the norse elect to flee. Game over . Result = a win for the Kislevites.

Last game Kislevites v Maneaters. A stand off game which sees no injuries until the last round when a young blood is taken by the avalanche (Martin rolls a 1 and the youngblood is dead dead dead) game over. Result = draw

A very tactical scenario avalanche when you have to decide if you can take an opponent out before you are crushed and any black powder weapons can start new slides. It was very touch and go in both games against the kislevites who wanted to start avalanches by firing willy nilly.

WAR BAND STATS (after playing “Avalanche”)

Maneaters , Heroes 5, Henchmen 3, Rating 184, Gold 23, CP 14

Kislevites Heroes6, Henchmen 4 , Rating 155, Gold15, CP 13

Norse Heroes 6, Henchmen10, Rating 220, Gold78, Gold 11

Cian Shieldbiter
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Watchers season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Watchers season Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2009 - 18:23

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

That Avalanche game sounds like the most exciting draw I have ever seen. LOL. I guess it's partly due to that I know the scenario so well and know exactly what you're going through in it.

I love how the Kislevites manage to pull off a win by slaying the many Chaos Hounds. A perfect example of why a horde of hounds is not necessarily overpowered.

Thanks a lot for writing this up, Cian! I look forward to your next reports! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Watchers season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Watchers season Icon_minitimeFri 6 Mar 2009 - 11:48

*whispers to cianty* "you forgot to weedle for photos"

A FINE Battle Report, even without pics; the Avalance Thingy sounds exciting. KEEP 'EM COMING! cheers
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Watchers season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Watchers season Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar 2009 - 3:26

Thanks for posting your battles. Its great to get a glimpse of how other groups play the game and see how the various settings work. pirat
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Watchers season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Watchers season Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar 2009 - 11:48

DeafNala wrote:
*whispers to cianty* "you forgot to weedle for photos"

Ha ha, I guess you're right. I am probably used to to Watcher not posting pictures so I didn't expect them here either.

So, Cain: What About Some Pictures?(R) bounce
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Cian Shieldbiter
Knight
Knight
Cian Shieldbiter

Trading Reputation : 0

Watchers season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Watchers season Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 15:13

Sorry about the delay, ive been of work and its the only place i have internet access.
I'm afraid i dont even own a camera but i know a man who does.
Our warbands are not always (seldom) armed in the same way as the roster tells it simply because we have loads of models that have been collected over the last 10 + years. Like wise some of the models are not in the best of shape (age) but our scenery is mainly quite good if basic.
I'm writing up a new report at the moment.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments people.

Cian Shieldbiter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Watchers season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watchers season   Watchers season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watchers season
Page 1 of 1