Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

PFT's Base of Operations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PFT's Base of Operations Empty
PostSubject: PFT's Base of Operations   PFT's Base of Operations Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009 - 8:45

Yeah, sidetracked as usual, so I got ANOTHER project I am working on. This one is a bit more of the unusual type, and hopefully when I finish it, you will appreciate my constant projects. I figured this one would be something a little bit 'different'.

Materials: (list may grow depending on additional pieces to this terrain)

1 Plateau Terrain Piece
4 nails
plenty of 3/4 inch foam
scissors
paper
Green Stuff
Exacto Knives (various tips)
Sharpie Markers (Fine tipped and normal)
Sculpting Tools (various tips, small files, etc)
Sandpaper Block

This is going to be my masterpiece, hopefully. Depends on if my concepts come out in working order and if it comes together well enough. I have already started, and have gotten a decent chunk out of the way. I still need to layer the foam boards to give it some decent height, but that's something for tomorrow. I will be taking 5 days off from work, and should be able to get some decent work done on terrain.

I will post SOME pics, but just some vague ones. Possibly of the pieces I am using, but not their converted phases and such. This terrain piece will go perfectly with a specific scenario, as well as just another place to battle it out at... maybe even more suited for dwarves...

Last edited by PitFighterTrainer on Sun 26 Apr 2009 - 23:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: PFT's Base of Operations   PFT's Base of Operations Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009 - 11:21

Well, PFT, your project is still a secret cloaked in mystery [I almost figured it out, but your list didn't include a 55 gallon drum of Mazzola Oil & a Trampoline Suspect ]. I LOVE surprises...sort of. SO... don't keep us in suspense; GET CRACKING, MAN! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: PFT's Base of Operations   PFT's Base of Operations Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009 - 13:12

Mine entrance?
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: PFT's Base of Operations   PFT's Base of Operations Icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2009 - 1:01

Ok, I had some free time, then it went away when a water line/pipe busted in the attic, so I had to spend the whole day yesterday fixing water lines.

The good news is that I did get some hours on this project done the previous day, so here are some tidbits of photos to see what you think so far...

You can go to my Mordheim Website (YOCS Base Project) to see the full writeup so far, but here are some pics from the site as well:

PFT's Base of Operations Mountain1

PFT's Base of Operations Supplies1

PFT's Base of Operations Stage1

PFT's Base of Operations Base%20plus%20Inside

PFT's Base of Operations Trap%20Door4

PFT's Base of Operations Stage2

PFT's Base of Operations Scene3

PFT's Base of Operations Inside%20Supplies3

PFT's Base of Operations Inside%20Supplies2

ENJOY!!!
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: PFT's Base of Operations   PFT's Base of Operations Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr 2009 - 23:18

Ok, I don't think the pics are working, so here are some static ones...

PFT's Base of Operations Mounta10

PFT's Base of Operations Base_p10

PFT's Base of Operations Stage110

PFT's Base of Operations Trap_d10

PFT's Base of Operations Trap_d11

PFT's Base of Operations Inside10

PFT's Base of Operations Inside11

PFT's Base of Operations Scene310
Back to top Go down
blitzkrieg bob
Veteran
Veteran
blitzkrieg bob

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: PFT's Base of Operations   PFT's Base of Operations Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 0:29

very nice , i luv the boxes
Back to top Go down
http://dooddminiatures.blogspot.com/
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: PFT's Base of Operations   PFT's Base of Operations Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 1:06

Has to change out the boxes, as I wanted something static. I had some plaster boxes and a coil of real rope and now it's set onto the door. New pics will come soon, as I just finished the flooring to make it look realistic.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: PFT's Base of Operations   PFT's Base of Operations Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 9:24

That REALLY has some COOL IDEAS to steal. I LOVE the trap door sneak attack. With removable scenic pieces the cavern could be used for quite a number of things; a subterranean tavern springs to mind. VERY WELL DONE!
AND a VERY nice job on the minis; the Slayer Guy is a VERY nicely done piece. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: PFT's Base of Operations   PFT's Base of Operations Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 17:05

Thanks Deaf! I will have to get some better pics of him, to show off his tattoos all over his body. I figured that the trap door would need to be concealed somehow. I figure that with the crates on top, they would be ransacked or broken, to deter others from really seeing what is underneath.

The highlite of this piece are the working trap door, and the working cave entrance. Yes, I made some hinges out of 4 nails and some Green Stuff, and both work perfectly. I finished the cave ground, opting to remove the smoothness of the foam to get a more realistic feel by having it left as rough stone.

I too can see so many options for this piece. Monster Lair, Hideout, Base Camp, and the list goes on... I think I might have to put a new rule that I can not start any new projects until ALL of mine are done. That would be a lot of pieces to complete, but it would clear out the shelves of the stacks of unfinished things...

Stage 3 - detailing and detailing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PFT's Base of Operations   PFT's Base of Operations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PFT's Base of Operations
Page 1 of 1