Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table

Go down 
+4
DeafNala
Gatlag Stonetooth
schoon
quidamcorvus
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
quidamcorvus
Etheral
Etheral
quidamcorvus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Apr 2024 - 10:48

Thank you. Smile

Tutorial: Prison Cart made of coffee sticks and other materials, part 1.

Today there is a temporary break in the construction of the modular table with the ruins of Mordheim.

As a temporary change, I decided to build a prison cart for the company Merchant caravan from Arabia to Warheim FS.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 EyBxYD

I decided to build the prisoner cart from materials found in my workshop. And it is a very simplified design in which the main elements of the chassis structure have not even been outlined.

In the first part, in which I will focus on the construction of the wheels and the base of the car, I used an old syringe, wooden coffee sticks, fragments of foamed PVC, a paper clip and toothpicks.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 E8FWxa

I started work by cutting out the rims for the wheels. I drew parallel lines on the syringe, along which I then cut the syringe into circles.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 WSmWSQ

I polished the cut circles using a file and fine sandpaper.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 2S4crF [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Yde83C

Then I placed the hoops on fragments of foamed PVC and traced circles on the inside, which I then cut out, and after embossing the wood texture and drilling the centers, I pressed them into the hoops.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 V1NudR [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 YObH7X [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 OrYNey [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 SLisGh [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 FwUzhS

I cut out strips from appropriately cut coffee sticks and glued them onto the wheels perpendicular to the lines symbolizing the boards touching each other.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Z29AzF [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 OSmR5X

I made the axles on which I placed the cart's wheels from cut toothpicks.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 7MeNfX [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 ArmfUA

In the next step, I glued the car's body using cut coffee sticks.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 B6GMC3 [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Z8L0tv [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 IGKvil

I cut out parts of the front bogie mechanism from a fragment of foamed PVC...

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 MM2RYc [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 93Wm7c

...which I connected with a paperclip to the strip from which the drawbar will be made.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 NQS3GR [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 WCXrbP

Then I glued the previously prepared elements to create a cart box standing on wheels, on the edges of which I glued side strips and this was the end of the first stage of building the prison cart.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 QGn3Vj [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 OFMoTj [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 NSJB24

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://quidamcorvus.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Apr 2024 - 11:27

VERY NICE! The wheels were a clever idea. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth
Ancient
Ancient
Gatlag Stonetooth

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Apr 2024 - 16:35

Wow! I love your creativity in the building of that prisoner cart! Looking good already!

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
quidamcorvus
Etheral
Etheral
quidamcorvus

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2024 - 11:01

Thank you. Smile

Tutorial: Prison Cart made of coffee sticks and other materials, part 2.

Welcome to the second part of the tutorial, or rather a report on the construction of the prisoner cart that I will use during the Warheim FS games.

In the first part, which you can find HERE, I showed you how I built the wheels and the base of the cart, today I will tell you about the construction of the cabin in which the prisoners will be kept.

Since I decided to build a closed prosoner cart, I used an appropriately cut Styrodur block as the interior.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 2uCqxz

To give a slightly more professional look, I used plastic windows from the Mordheim ruins and doors that I had left over from the Doors Set from SpellCrow to valorize the prisoner cart.

I covered the remaining spaces with appropriately cut coffee stirrer sticks. I used polymer glue for this.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 XyuKh9 [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 S75O5D [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 BXbO4h [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Qd41W2

After covering the prisoner cart with wooden strips from an aluminum sheet that comes from shaving cream, I cut out a tape about 5 mm wide and squeezed imitation rivets into it using tweezers.

I bent the tape lengthwise at a 90-degree angle and glued it to the corners of the prisoner cart, masking the joint of the slats.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 OlJH51 [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 4m1SK1 [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 KI5hvY [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 MxPrya [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 H4Vr8c

As I wrote in the first part, this is not a scale miniatures, but a simplified representation of the carriage, but I decided to make whippletree with wooden sticks and a paper clip, which I glued to the front carriage.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 46nkR5 [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 TnJITb [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 VpDgzs [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 VWKOP1

I also added a few more bits, more specifically shields from Unreleased Miniatures, two of which from THIS and THIS set served as decorations that I placed under the windows.

The shield from THIS set was used as a barred window, which I placed on the coachman's side.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 5SQLjY [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 88hBcQ [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 H506eN

I also placed hooks on the sides, which, from what I remember, come from the imperial artillery set from Games Workshop.

I put the crates from Micro Art Studio and the Mini Monsters trunk on the roof. By the way, I can see that since I bought my set, the trunks have gained a nice wood texture.

I also added lanterns to the front and back, there are no photos on the HQ Resin website, but I think they come from THIS and THIS set.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 8y6X6H [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 SmSOZM

The last element I added at this stage of construction is the coachman miniatures, which I assembled using bits from Gripping Beast.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 YBDLsY [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Km9GTq
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2024 - 11:51

An EXCELLENT tutorial & a SPLENDID creation. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth
Ancient
Ancient
Gatlag Stonetooth

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2024 - 16:24

Really nice work! Please keep it up! [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 1f44f

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
quidamcorvus
Etheral
Etheral
quidamcorvus

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr 2024 - 9:25

Thank you. Smile

Tutorial: Prison Cart made of coffee sticks and other materials, part 3.

Hello and welcome to the third and final part of the report on building a prisoner cart for Warheim FS.

I made ropes out of copper wire and used them to connect the prisoner cart to the draft animal.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 GFto6d
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 OdhYog

I used horses from Wargames Atlantic as draft animals, they do not have saddles, only a saddle pad, under which I hid the drilling points in which I placed the ropes.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 MYQ7po
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 UBeTiX

Then I glued the whole thing together, adding reins, also twisted from copper wire.

I also made coils of ropes from twisted wire to be placed on the roof and side of the prisoner car, and from aluminum sheet I made two rolled Arabic carpets.

And that's it. In the photos below you can see what the prisoner cart looks like ready for painting.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 TCYDBM
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 7NPfPz
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 RLVSbw
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 YlzjtK
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 4t1Rhs
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 FcP4IK
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Eyui26

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr 2024 - 12:52

LOOKIN' GOOD! The tutorial is helpful & the wagon is a splendid creation. thumbsup

quidamcorvus likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth
Ancient
Ancient
Gatlag Stonetooth

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr 2024 - 15:47

Very nice! It looks great! When are you going to paint it?

DeafNala and quidamcorvus like this post

Back to top Go down
quidamcorvus
Etheral
Etheral
quidamcorvus

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2024 - 10:14

DeafNala wrote:
LOOKIN' GOOD! The tutorial is helpful & the wagon is a splendid creation. thumbsup
Thank you. Smile

Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
Very nice! It looks great! When are you going to paint it?
Thank you. Smile I don't know, for now I'm painting Marienburg and Middenheim. Smile

DeafNala and Gatlag Stonetooth like this post

Back to top Go down
quidamcorvus
Etheral
Etheral
quidamcorvus

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2024 - 8:46

Tutorial: Flying carpet.

When assembling miniatures for Merchant's Caravan from Arabia for Warheim FS, I had the biggest problem with the flying carpet model. Maybe I wasn't looking properly, or maybe there are simply no suitable physical miniatures, because I found a few 3D prints, but they didn't suit my style either.

That's why I decided to make a flying carpet model myself, and below you will find a short report in which I will describe how I did it.

An additional advantage is that the cost of a model made in this way is negligible, and in the end the flying carpet will be used in a merchant caravan.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 KTDs14
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 CnIrDS
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Y4G4Ju
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 WiUsul
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 YUf5mp

To make a flying carpet miniatures, I used a metal plastic plate from a shaving cream tube, which I cut into a rectangular shape.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 3Pt7mE

Using the blunt edge of a wallpaper knife, I bent the sides of the plate at a 90-degree angle. I also twisted four pieces of wire together to make a rope.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 VdnAuS
[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 C4HEkE

I smeared the bent sides of the plate with a thin layer of plastic putty, to which I applied appropriately cut pieces of twisted wire, and glued the whole thing with cyanoacrylate glue.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Iu8YS9

After the cyanoacrylate glue dried, I untangled the protruding pieces of twisted wire, which I then tied together with pieces of wire.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 X7ZlcY

The next step was to create the texture of the material. Since the metal plate I used is very plastic, I placed the carpet upside down on a piece of XPS and cut out patterns using carving tools.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Wk0seq

Then, using brush handles of different thickness, I gave the flying carpet a slightly more dynamic shape.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 SqO2rJ

And I glued the flying carpet miniatures made in the above way to the base.

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 EGh8tn

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2024 - 12:51

That is a clever way of handling the flying carpet. I looks TERRIFIC. VERY NICELY DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth
Ancient
Ancient
Gatlag Stonetooth

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2024 - 16:13

It's indeed a very clever way to make your own carpet that way! Talented builder!

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table   [WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12