Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Warhammer: The Old World ... returns?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Leavhon
Hero
Hero
Leavhon

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Warhammer: The Old World ... returns? Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer: The Old World ... returns?   Warhammer: The Old World ... returns? Icon_minitimeSat 16 Nov 2019 - 12:14

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/15/old-world-new-warhammer/

I know that this isn't Mordheim related, but I felt a piercing pain in the chest, when I read it last night.
No, it wasn't a hearthache. It was ... hope.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: The Old World ... returns?   Warhammer: The Old World ... returns? Icon_minitimeSat 16 Nov 2019 - 13:12

Read that too. It's probably going to be 3 more years before we'll have to decide if we want to buy that stuff GW hints at here. Until then, I'll worry about more pressing issues Laughing
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: The Old World ... returns?   Warhammer: The Old World ... returns? Icon_minitimeSat 16 Nov 2019 - 17:02

It actually strikes me as a little bizarre to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: The Old World ... returns?   Warhammer: The Old World ... returns? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Nov 2019 - 17:00

Every other wargaming company in the world is making money selling miniatures for (basically) the Old Warhammer World -- GW want a piece of the action. Honestly, I don't know how they managed to screw up selling Bretonnians in the first place.

Like Leavhon, I feel a certain hope about the announcement. It'd be nice for the biggest wargaming company in the world to return to supporting things I like. But it's also going to be three years wait, & GW have every chance to make a mess of every part of this over the next thirty-six months. Take the new Sisters of Battle for an example: after years of being asked for new SoBs, GW promises to make them, spends two years talking about design work, finally reveal plastic Sisters that look exactly like the metal originals from the '90s, announce the release of a single box-set... & then run out within ten minutes. Perhaps there's something very clever going on, but it looks a lot like GW are capable of fumbling anything, no matter how simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer: The Old World ... returns?   Warhammer: The Old World ... returns? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer: The Old World ... returns?
Page 1 of 1