Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Another 3D printed building

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc
Veteran
Veteran
Doc

Trading Reputation : 0

Another 3D printed building Empty
PostSubject: Another 3D printed building   Another 3D printed building Icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug 2019 - 3:49

Just finished painting a different version of Slant House.  It is broken/destroyed differently than the previous version.  Hope you enjoy!

Another 3D printed building Slant_11
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Another 3D printed building   Another 3D printed building Icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug 2019 - 16:53

Nice colouring on the stone and roof tiles. You must be getting quite a collection by now.
Back to top Go down
Doc
Veteran
Veteran
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Another 3D printed building   Another 3D printed building Icon_minitimeFri 2 Aug 2019 - 2:22

I am at about 20 printed buildings plus accessories. I host an annual Mordheim campaign with two tables so I need lots of terrain.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Another 3D printed building   Another 3D printed building Icon_minitimeFri 2 Aug 2019 - 13:30

LOOKIN' GOOD! The ruin is another FINE gaming piece. Some stucco/plaster with the stonework showing through in patches might be a nice touch. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth
Ancient
Ancient
Gatlag Stonetooth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Another 3D printed building   Another 3D printed building Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug 2019 - 16:13

Looking great! May I ask which printer you are using? I would like to have a 3d printer for myself, for openlock terrain pieces for example, but I really don't know where to start and I also don't want to spent very much money on it. So is it possible to get good results out of an affordable printer or do you really need the high end thousands of dollars ones?
Back to top Go down
Doc
Veteran
Veteran
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Another 3D printed building   Another 3D printed building Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug 2019 - 17:12

Hello,
This is my first 3D printer. I didn't know much about them. What I did know was that I wanted a reasonable size print area and a heated print plate. After looking around and reading reviews, I purchased the QIDI Tech 1 (I believe the latest is called the Tech 1 Pro with some additional features). It was very reasonably priced, and can print pretty good sized pieces. There is definitely a learning curve to getting good prints, but I think that is the same with any printer. It has been pretty reliable. I have replaced the nozzles a couple of times, and had to replace a wire harness that wore down (moving parts take their toll). However, I now have approximately 2000 hours on the printer and going strong.
Hope this helps.
Doc
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth
Ancient
Ancient
Gatlag Stonetooth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Another 3D printed building   Another 3D printed building Icon_minitimeSat 10 Aug 2019 - 21:15

Thanks for your reply! It sure does help as it is always nicer to read personal experiences. It sounds like a great device, I will check if that brand is also available in Europe. I do realize that it needs time to master the technique and I think that will be my hardest struggle especially because my time is limited with three little girls taking all of my attention when they are awake! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another 3D printed building   Another 3D printed building Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another 3D printed building
Page 1 of 1