Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mordheim Table Time Crunch

Go down 
+8
Aulenback
Von Kurst
Harrocks
Rhydderch
Grimscull
Codsticker
DeafNala
mariner2011
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2019 - 14:45

LOOKIN' GOOD! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Apr 2019 - 15:32

DeafNala wrote:
LOOKIN' GOOD!  thumbsup
 Thanks, chief, and everyone for their warm comments thus far!

These images are the last of what I've accomplished before deploying (writing this from the base at the moment). It's a ruptured sewer tunnel that, if a model enters, will take them to a separate small sewer board (I'm hoping to be able to make it, but we'll see just how much time I'll have before my friend gets to Houston in June). 

Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr23
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr24
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr25

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a shot of all of the tiles together as I was preoccupied spending time with the wife before deploying. However, I brought my paints and bitz box with me so I'll be doing my best to keep this project moving forward for the next 6 weeks in a separate thread.
Back to top Go down
https://tooly501.tumblr.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Apr 2019 - 16:29

That is a SPLENDID ruins; the potential for sewer scenery is inspiring. OUTSTANDING WORK once more! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Apr 2019 - 16:47

Yeah, that sewer opening looks gross already. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2019 - 7:47

Very nice work! Especially on the sewer -- it's a great feature.
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jun 2019 - 21:21

Howdy, gang!

Having returned on Saturday from mobilization, I put in a hectic day of finishing touches on carving, and finally painted up the board! You can see below (sorry about the terrible lighting...):

Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr26
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr27
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr28

Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr29
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr30
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr31

After coating the entire board in ModgePodge and Black paint, I gave it a light spray with spray paint - which gave the desired effect of acidic damage on the streets. The entire board was then dry brushed with a single coat of light gray which is a tad darker than I would like, but in the interest of preserving what I've done...I'll leave alone.

I gave a light dry brush of brown in some areas, as well as the few rubble piles. This was topped off with some fall foliage leaves along the street.

I put in water effects and some foliage in the ruptured sewer, I'll toss those pics up later tomorrow or this weekend.

Additionally, while in the ME I painted up my Witch Hunter warband and most of my skaven, as well as a ton of small furniture from Tabletop World scenery. I'll post those in the warband thread at a later point.

Today I'll tackle the Sword and Helm, and maybe some further ruins.

It's good to be back!
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jun 2019 - 21:31

Welp,

Forgot I'd had these pics taken already, so here's the Sword and Helm tavern that's going on the 5 Corners section:

Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Sandhe10
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr32
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr33
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr34
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr35
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr36
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr37

The Sword and Helm, a local tavern that used to dominate the Five Corners in the rougher parts of Mordheim. Adventurers, sell-swords and the curious would gather to hear gossip and find work from passing merchants or the City Guard.

The trap door will lead the cellars of the tavern, and double as a second entrance to the Sewer Table that will be a separate 2’x2’ board.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jun 2019 - 22:36

That is or soon will be a BEAUTY. The shape adds to the interest of an imaginative & well crafted creation. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jun 2019 - 16:41

A unique structure to be sure. I have seen pictures of similarly shaped buildings in older European villages. Great idea to use pins like that to hold the sign in place while the glue sets.
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jun 2019 - 16:50

Did some tidying up on the Sword and Helm last night, and wrapped up the Klausner House:

Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr38
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr39
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr40
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr42
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr41

The Klausner House. Abandoned just before the comet struck, the Klausners worked the forges of the Hammer and Shield blacksmith and the children served as messengers for the Coopers Guild.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jun 2019 - 16:53

That is a SPLENDID looking place. GREAT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Harrocks
Warlord
Warlord
Harrocks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jun 2019 - 16:04

so much I've missed here - awesome awesome-ness - this is going to be one heck of a board ...
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 4:18

Got a lot done over the past 3 days, namely most of the Cooper's Guildhouse section, inspired predominantly by Kodstickler and his blog! Shout out to that guy, he's got a ton of skill.

The Cooper's Guild wielded a considerable amount of influence in Mordheim, thanks in part to its extensive wealth. Built upon selling used barrels of Dwarvish ale and Elvish wine from the markets to be used in fermenting more exotic alcohols and elixirs, the Cooper's Guild saw an immense amount of both wealth and power flow its way leading up to the comet strike.

Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr43
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr45
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr44

Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr46
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr47
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr48
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr49
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr50
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr51

Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr52
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr53
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr54
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr55

I'm pleased with how the connecting bridge turned out, but I'm a bit intimidated on how I want the warehouse to look for the Cooper's Guild. I'm not sure if should do it as a tiered brick frontage in a late 15th century Germanic style, or put an open hatchway with a crane boom to lower barrels from the 2nd story.

Very excited to wrap this up and finally get to blasted ruins. I've two or three other buildings I'd built years ago that I can use, along with 4 or 5 Tabletop World resin buildings that have removable roofs.

My friend will be coming in on the 16th for two weeks, so I've about 10 more solid days of hobbying before I get to see him and resume our campaign we started in Bahrain.
Back to top Go down
Harrocks
Warlord
Warlord
Harrocks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 10:39

fantastic.
eagerly awaiting further updates.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 14:01

Even in their present unpainted state they are impressive looking pieces. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 16:19

That is a great structure (and thank you for the compliment!Sir, yes sir! ). For the warehouse I like the idea of the open hatchway and crane but it does sound like more work than a straight forward building frontage.
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 16:54

Codsticker wrote:
That is a great structure (and thank you for the compliment!Sir, yes sir! ). For the warehouse I like the idea of the open hatchway and crane but it does sound like more work than a straight forward building frontage.

I agree with you - it may or may not be more work, but I've another much larger warehouse building from years ago that has a cargo opening and crane that I'll be using, so I want to avoid too much of the same style if that makes sense...maybe I'll give it a whirl regardless.

Thanks for all of the kind comments so far, all! I'd another question - in order to base coat these, I really want to save time by using spray paint. Prior to, do y'all think I'd be safe spraying the models with diluted PVA glue/Modge Podge FIRST, giving the buildings 2-3 coats over the span of a day and THEN hitting it with spray paint?

I ask, because hand-painting a black undercoat will not only be very tedious, but also may knock some walls or timbering loose Shocked
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jun 2019 - 16:10

mariner2011 wrote:
Thanks for all of the kind comments so far, all! I'd another question - in order to base coat these, I really want to save time by using spray paint. Prior to, do y'all think I'd be safe spraying the models with diluted PVA glue/Modge Podge FIRST, giving the buildings 2-3 coats over the span of a day and THEN hitting it with spray paint?
I think that sounds reasonable. I am pretty sure that would work fine... just not 100%. I would try it on a spare bit of foam first.
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jun 2019 - 17:20

Codsticker wrote:
mariner2011 wrote:
I think that sounds reasonable. I am pretty sure that would work fine... just not 100%. I would try it on a spare bit of foam first.

That's some pretty good advice...

...don't know why I didn't think of that. I'll give it a shot today!

I also have had a major meltdown on casting the Mordheim windows from the sets...I've tried twice with different resins, and ruined both molds. The resin simply won't cure, not matter how well I mix or I follow instructions. Are there any 'casting services' where I can mail these bad boys in and they'll replicate them for me?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 17:22

Wow! I feel way behind in all the coolness. Great work!
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jun 2019 - 15:42

Von Kurst wrote:
Wow!  I feel way behind in all the coolness.  Great work!

Thanks Kurst!

Last night my wife left ahead of me for a wedding, which gave me about 9 solid hours of hobbying time. I got the following done below over between last night and this past few days:

Painted a TT World Townhouse
Obstacles/debris
Two Ruins finished
"Repaired" an old MOrdheim building I'd made years ago
Added a ruined hamlet set to the mix
Traced (and this morning started cutting) the sewer tile

Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr56
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr57
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr58

Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr59
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr61
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr60
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr64
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr62
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr63
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr65
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr66
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr67
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr69
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr68
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr70
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr71
Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Tumblr72
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jun 2019 - 16:47

Fantastic production! A real variety of buildings too.
mariner2011 wrote:

I also have had a major meltdown on casting the Mordheim windows from the sets...I've tried twice with different resins, and ruined both molds. The resin simply won't cure, not matter how well I mix or I follow instructions. Are there any 'casting services' where I can mail these bad boys in and they'll replicate them for me?
You can try contacting Firedragon Games- they offer casting services in both metal and resin.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jun 2019 - 17:54

OUTSTANDING! The painted pieces are particularly striking. GREAT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Harrocks
Warlord
Warlord
Harrocks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jun 2019 - 22:17

all looking great, going to be quite the board.
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2019 - 19:11

Gah, I may have waited too long between checking in & suffered a coolness overload... Suffice to say all of this is really impressive, & makes me feel a bit less proud of the bits of scatter terrain I finally painted up the other week...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mordheim Table Time Crunch
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next