Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Damned Shall Burn - what counts as a heretical warband

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

warband - The Damned Shall Burn - what counts as a heretical warband Empty
PostSubject: The Damned Shall Burn - what counts as a heretical warband   warband - The Damned Shall Burn - what counts as a heretical warband Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2017 - 4:34

I am running a bordertown burning campaign now that features a witch hunter warband following the damned shall burn objective. With 35 campaign points, any heretical warband that is routed by the witch hunter player is eliminated from the campaign. In order to win the campaign, war bands following the damned shall burn objective must eliminate all heretical war bands. The question is "what is a heretical warband?" I could not find a straight answer in the BTB book.

The term heretics is defined on page 183 as followers of chaos. I thought heretical warbands were the following warbands: Chaos Marauders (any type), Norse Explorers, Beastmen, Carnival of Chaos, and Possessed. I also thought it might include the Dark Elves (again, based on page 183, but we don't have a dark elf player in the campaign).

However, one of the players pointed out that warbands following the damned shall burn achievement also receives a campaign point for a "slain heretic" when a chaos or undead leader hero is taken out of action and subsequently dies (page 45).

My question is, does an undead warband count as a heretical warband? There are eight players in the campaign: witch hunter, Beastman, two man-eaters, dwarves, Reiklanders, Restless Dead and Orcs and Goblins. I view the beast man as being the only heretical warband in this campaign. Does the witch hunter need to beat both the beastman and the restless dead, or just the beastman, to win the campaign?

Thank you!
Eric

Back to top Go down
Athanatosz
General
General
Athanatosz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Shall Burn - what counts as a heretical warband   warband - The Damned Shall Burn - what counts as a heretical warband Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2017 - 9:40

The objectives of the Damned shall burn says:

"No Alliance with: All Chaos and Undead warbands"

Form the achievement Table Fearless of the Supernatural and form the objective list each Chieftain Out Of Action and Slain Heretic mention chaos worshippers and undeads.
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Shall Burn - what counts as a heretical warband   warband - The Damned Shall Burn - what counts as a heretical warband Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2017 - 16:19

Athanatosz wrote:
The objectives of the Damned shall burn says:

"No Alliance with: All Chaos and Undead warbands"

Form the achievement Table  Fearless of the Supernatural and form the objective list each Chieftain Out Of Action and Slain Heretic mention chaos worshippers and undeads.

Yes I see that. That's why I wonder if my interpretation is wrong. The problem is that we need a definition of a "heretical warband," and the closest definition I have located is on page 183, which does not include undead warbands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Shall Burn - what counts as a heretical warband   warband - The Damned Shall Burn - what counts as a heretical warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Damned Shall Burn - what counts as a heretical warband
Page 1 of 1