Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yodhrin
Knight
Knight
Yodhrin

Trading Reputation : 0

Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite. Empty
PostSubject: Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite.   Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite. Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 17:19

Ahoy. I'm presently giving the old original Tomb Guardians warband list from the Khemri website a wee spruce up for the warband compendium I'll be using in any future campaigns, mostly just changing a couple of names and expanded fluff blurbs for each entry plus giving it a properly laid-out PDF in the Mordheim style, but I did fancy making one actual rules addition and some extra eyes to make sure it's not too unbalanced would be welcome:

Khopesh, 10gc - Common for TG, Rare 8 for anyone else.

Versatile - The long grip and offset heavy curved edge of the Khopesh allows for a unique and variable fighting style. At the start of each combat the wielder may choose to use the Khopesh with the rules of either an Axe or a Sword, but must continue with that choice until the combat ends.

Difficult to use - A model armed with a Khopesh may not use a second weapon or buckler in their other hand because it requires all their skill to wield it. They may carry & use a shield as normal though.
Back to top Go down
Athanatosz
General
General
Athanatosz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite.   Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite. Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 17:54

Either a -1 Armour save or parry?
The morning star give +1 S for the first round and cost 15 gc.
Maybe increase the prize to 20 gc...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite.   Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite. Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:03

Price is definitely a concern. 15-20 range for sure.
Back to top Go down
Athanatosz
General
General
Athanatosz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite.   Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite. Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:32

maybe:

rare 9 20 gc Tomb Lord Only?

10 gc is to low for a sword (10 gc) that can be an axe to (5 gc).

Back to top Go down
Yodhrin
Knight
Knight
Yodhrin

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite.   Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite. Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 21:21

Hmm, really? Personally I've always considered the morning star hilariously overpriced, to the point I added a rule to the Globadiers in my Skryre warband(can only use a single one-handed weapon) specifically so it would have a reason to exist, as I've never once seen anybody actually take one even when I reduced it to 10gc in a campaign I ran - an Axe will do almost as well against most enemies for a third(or half, post reduction) of the price, and if someone's looking for a Strength boost everyone I've played against has taken the reliability and reduced cost of the Halberd over being able to carry a shield as well.

My rationale for the Khopesh was Sword + Axe = 15, but Difficult to use knocks it back down again. Otherwise why wouldn't you just buy a Sword and an Axe?

EDIT: To clarify the previous, I see it this way - 15gc gets you a Khopesh and a Shield, 20gc gets you a Sword, an Axe, and a Shield. You save 5gc on the Khopesh/Shield combo because you can only ever use one "mode" and the shield, whereas with the Sword, Axe, and Shield you can choose either "mode", or you can fight with both weapons at once for the extra attack. Since you get less with the Khopesh/Shield combo, it's only proper it costs less.
Back to top Go down
Athanatosz
General
General
Athanatosz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite.   Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite. Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 23:29

Yodhrin wrote:
Hmm, really? Personally I've always considered the morning star hilariously overpriced, to the point I added a rule to the Globadiers in my Skryre warband(can only use a single one-handed weapon) specifically so it would have a reason to exist, as I've never once seen anybody actually take one even when I reduced it to 10gc in a campaign I ran - an Axe will do almost as well against most enemies for a third(or half, post reduction) of the price, and if someone's looking for a Strength boost everyone I've played against has taken the reliability and reduced cost of the Halberd over being able to carry a shield as well.

In defend for the morning star (and also the flail): not every list contains the halberd as an option. Yes not the greatest choice but good for charge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite.   Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tomb Guardians, minor rewrite.
Page 1 of 1