Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Serene Annihilation

Go down 
+4
Chief Tugboat
DeafNala
Von Kurst
Millenium_King
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Millenium_King
Captain
Captain
Millenium_King

Trading Reputation : 0

Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 May 2016 - 21:39

Behold!  He comes in his tattered splendor!  THE KING IN YELLOW!

Serene Annihilation - Page 2 IMG_1622

After the first three battles, the players came face to face with their heretofore unseen antagonist: The King in Yellow.  Be he man or daemon?  None know.  But he is the King whom Emperors have served.  There is a madness to him, but it is a madness born from knowing the awful truth.  He, and he alone, has peered behind the veil which is Mordheim.  He has seen beyond the terrible, black spires of the Palace of Dreams.  He has opened the Chamber of Truth.  What he has seen has made him insane - but also given him a terrible power over the reality which fools call Mordheim, City of the Damned.

After the events of the most recent battle, Treasure Hunt, the Averlanders had acquired a great amount of loot.  103 GC, a sword, shield and spear.  The King offered them a horrible choice: (1) Surrender all of their newly acquired loot; or (2) Give up the life of "Old Man" Caleb.

More details, pictures - and the result of this choice on my blog The Fox & Goat!
Back to top Go down
http://foxandgoat.blogspot.com/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 May 2016 - 4:54

Go Averlanders! Interesting dilemma. The King in Yellow looks like a great nemesis.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 May 2016 - 12:37

The Yellow King is a FINE conversion. I think the yellow scroll would, however, look better in a natural parchment shade with some script/lettering. Other than that, GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Chief Tugboat
Captain
Captain
Chief Tugboat

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 May 2016 - 15:24

Great stuff! Love the narration, always makes playing (and reading) more interesting!
Back to top Go down
Millenium_King
Captain
Captain
Millenium_King

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 May 2016 - 23:58

Who is like unto the beast? And who is able to make war with him?
-Revelation 13:4

Serene Annihilation - Page 2 IMG_1514
Reavers (Universal Heroes)

For this campaign, I allowed the players to hire up to two "Universal Heroes" each.  These could either be Hired Swords (in which the cost of hiring them was +150% of their normal hire fee and they started with 8 experience); or the players could choose from a limited selection of other heroes.  These other "Universal Heroes" likewise came with a pre-set selection of gear which could not be traded or sold.  Players were not allowed to have more than one of each type of hero.

Reavers are the first type of "Universal Hero" I offered.  They are similar to Norse Marauders, but more mysterious and not necessarily dedicated to Khorne.  Rules for Reavers are available HERE.
Back to top Go down
Millenium_King
Captain
Captain
Millenium_King

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 14 May 2016 - 8:09

(For the Second Encounter with the King in Yellow, go HERE.  It happened before this battle.)

Ye asked - ye shall receive!  Join me in the first battle report for the Serene Annihilation campaign!

Serene Annihilation - Page 2 IMG_1587

In this update to the Serene Annihilation Campaign, I am bringing you a battle report.  This game was a custom scenario where the Averlanders, accompanied by "Old Man" Caleb try to rescue his daughter Hawke before the Great Hoodoo, Master of the Carnival of Chaos can snatch her up into his foul clutches.  Will father and wayward daughter be reunited?  Or will Chaos prevail?

Read the whole battle report over at The Fox & Goat!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 14 May 2016 - 15:16

Chaos! Nooos!

Even though you had shown us the Averlander warband, I thought the handgunners with the Yellow King were the Averlanders. Over that now.
Back to top Go down
Millenium_King
Captain
Captain
Millenium_King

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2016 - 7:40

Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

-A Dream Within a Dream, by Edgar Allen Poe

Serene Annihilation - Page 2 IMG_1519

In recent times, there have been sighted around Mordheim the most curious - and disturbing - individuals.  All resemble, in general arrangement, normal human beings.  Save for being unusually tall, one might mistake them for men at a distance.  But up close, their bizarre nature becomes apparent: filthy robes, creaking armor - and carved pumpkins for heads.

Pumpkinheads are the second type of "Universal Hero" that I offered.  They use the Wraith-Type rules and behave somewhat differently from standard heroes.  More rules and background can be found HERE.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2016 - 13:43

COOL! I do Pumpkin Heads myself, although, thus far, unarmored ones. The Melon Warriors look TERRIFIC, AND unsurprisingly HORRIFYING. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Millenium_King
Captain
Captain
Millenium_King

PostSubject: Saturday Night Mordheim!   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2016 - 7:34

Hey!  Trying to start a weekly habit: Saturday Mordheim!  Tomorrow we feature a classic match-up of The Possessed vs. Witch Hunters.

POSSESSED
Serene Annihilation - Page 2 IMG_1844

WITCH HUNTERS
Serene Annihilation - Page 2 IMG_1879

For full stats on the warbands, please see my blog post HERE.

Battle Report will follow!
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2016 - 8:59

I wonder why I just stumbled upon your thread now. Your conversions and paintjobs are a lot to my taste. Please some closeups of the two warbands and the two big possessed especially. Are those Grotz from the new Silver Tower I spot?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2016 - 13:21

The Forces of Unpleasantness & Righteous Unpleasantness look WONDERFUL. OUTSTANDING WORK!   thumbsup
I second the closeup request.    clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2016 - 20:32

I see quite the Silver Tower revamp here. The Possessed do look worthy of closer scrutiny (the Witch Hunters look as though they could be put to the question by the Grand Inquisitor as well Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Burning )

Looking forward to seeing more of them.
Back to top Go down
Millenium_King
Captain
Captain
Millenium_King

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2016 - 21:15

Grimscull wrote:
I wonder why I just stumbled upon your thread now. Your conversions and paintjobs are a lot to my taste. Please some closeups of the two warbands and the two big possessed especially. Are those Grotz from the new Silver Tower I spot?

Thanks!  That is correct, those are the new Grot Scuttlings from Silver Tower.  I think they make great brethren.

I don't like to flood threads with images, so I usually just link to them.  But there are plenty of close-ups!

For the Possessed, please see my post HERE.

Unfortunately, I do not have close-ups of the Witch Hunters all in one place.  The warband has evolved over time.  HERE is their original line-up.  HERE is an update.  And HERE are pictures of the Blue Whale Archer.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2016 - 15:36

Thanks for the links. Has the Yellow King joined a warband or is the model just doing double duty?
Back to top Go down
Millenium_King
Captain
Captain
Millenium_King

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2016 - 8:43

Von Kurst wrote:
Thanks for the links.  Has the Yellow King joined a warband or is the model just doing double duty?

He has entered the fray. My friend Scott joined late and we decided it would be cool for the King to become his magister. He is a good sport and loves playing the "bad guy" - which is good since the King is so hated by all the players!
Back to top Go down
Millenium_King
Captain
Captain
Millenium_King

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2016 - 8:48

As promised - the Battle Report for our first Saturday Night Mordheim!

Witch Hunters vs. The Possessed: The King in Yellow is at last cornered at a dark farm beneath the cosmic glory of terrible stars and even more terrible dreams.  The King's dark laughter echoes amidst the arches of eternity - but will he prevail?

Read it HERE.

Serene Annihilation - Page 2 IMG_1897
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2016 - 13:59

That is a cinematic setting for your game. IMAGINATIVELY DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2016 - 18:32

Thanks for the report!
Back to top Go down
Millenium_King
Captain
Captain
Millenium_King

PostSubject: Saturday Night Mordheim!   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 0:03

Serene Annihilation - Page 2 IMG_1388

This week's battle is a big one!  The unlikely alliance of the Carnival of Chaos and the Averlanders take on the unspeakable Pig-God!  Warband stats and rules for the Pig-God on my blog HERE.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 1:19

LOVE that Pig! The model & paint job are UBERCOOL.  I'll check out the report when my internet connection is more cooperative.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2016 - 13:42

I hope the game was very enjoyable. Looking forward to learning of its outcome.
Back to top Go down
Millenium_King
Captain
Captain
Millenium_King

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun 2016 - 5:42

Hey all.  Real life got in the way of the last game and it didn't happen.  We have rescheduled for this Saturday (20 JUN).  In the mean time, HERE are some more images of the hateful Pig-God.
Back to top Go down
Millenium_King
Captain
Captain
Millenium_King

PostSubject: Saturday Night Mordheim! Fight the Pig God!   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep 2016 - 6:02

For those of you who want to see the battle, is written out HERE.  Sorry for the crummy pictures.
Back to top Go down
Millenium_King
Captain
Captain
Millenium_King

PostSubject: Call me Ishmael...   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep 2016 - 6:05

After a long hiatus working on other projects (and dealing with real life) I am returned!  First up is my brand new, second Blue Whale Archer - Ishmael Salt.  More images available HERE on The Fox & Goat.

Serene Annihilation - Page 2 IMG_1934
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serene Annihilation   Serene Annihilation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serene Annihilation
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next