Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Lad got talent and unit limit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jymmy
Champion
Champion
jymmy

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Lad got talent and unit limit Empty
PostSubject: Lad got talent and unit limit   Lad got talent and unit limit Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2016 - 14:42

Hi there, I ask you for help for what it seems a pretty basic doubt!

In one of our last games a friend rolled lad got talent with a possesed beastman. The thing is that we supossed that given that the beastman is no longer a unit but a hero, he would have 2 beastman in his warband and would be able to recruit a new one (three beastman unit and one beastman hero) It works this way or the amount of beastman is still three independently if they are units or heroes?

Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Lad got talent and unit limit   Lad got talent and unit limit Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2016 - 18:22

I actually dont think this is addressed anywhere in the rule book or the errata, but my first instinct would be to say that he can't hire a new Beastman. Even though one is a hero now, he's still a "Beastman".
Back to top Go down
bitxo
Knight
Knight
bitxo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Lad got talent and unit limit   Lad got talent and unit limit Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2016 - 18:27

I agree a promoted bestman is still a beastman, and the warband list allows a up to 3 of them... so I've allways played using the max number as reference for the whole band, not only the henchmen. So only 3 beastmen for the possessed, only 1 ogre for ostlanders, only 5 flagellants for witch hunters... even if one of them gets promoted. Maybe some people have a different house rule, but I've allways played that way.

Only exception would be if you get an extra henchmen or hero using Monkey's Paw or Magic Lamp, wich rules specifies you may have more members of the same kind than your warband list allows.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Lad got talent and unit limit   Lad got talent and unit limit Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2016 - 19:51

The question is addressed in an FAQ, but not, as one would expect, in a direct way.

Quote :
Q: Can an Orc warband purchase another Big ’Un if his first Big Un became the leader and he has one other Big ’Un?
A: No. The new Leader is still a Big ’Un, albeit with the Leader ability. You can fill the empty hero spot with promoted Orcs, but you may never have more than 2 Big ’Uns.

Also from the online rulebook (Part III, Campaigns, p. 82)
Quote :
The new Hero remains the same Henchman type (eg,
a Ghoul stays as a Ghoul)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lad got talent and unit limit   Lad got talent and unit limit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lad got talent and unit limit
Page 1 of 1