Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Lords of the Marsh questions, please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
owenmatthew
Youngblood
Youngblood
owenmatthew

Trading Reputation : 0

Lords of the Marsh questions, please Empty
PostSubject: Lords of the Marsh questions, please   Lords of the Marsh questions, please Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2016 - 22:10

My group and I have been playing a Mordheim campaign for a bit, we are 12 games in, and probably about 12 away from finishing our current campaign. I'm using Lords of the Marsh from the Mutiny in Marienburg supplement. Thank you to those gentlemen for their awesome work on Bordertown Burning and Mutiny in Marienburg, they are reinvigorating our gaming group!

I have a couple questions about the Lords of the Marsh warband, please, and I'd like to get them worked out before we play again on Wednesday if at all possible. I wrote to Leiber Maelific, but it's been a couple weeks, I'm sure those guys are very busy... Maybe you guys have some insight to share! Wink

1. Mystic Mist. It's cast by the band in general, correct? Can the Draich use his Mind Focus on this spell? Can any items help effect the roll of the spell, like a Familiar, etc...?

2. When inside the Myst many of the warband are immune to the effects of fear (Craven special rule). When the Mystic Mist fails are these fighters "afraid" of everything and need to make leadership tests against non-fear causers, or simply a normal warband, and need to make leadership tests against fear causers?

3. Are these rules complete? Will this warband eventually get band specific special skills?

4. How likely is this warband to change, or is it relatively "finished"?

5. Any other tips or points that might help a new Marsh player?

6. Can the Draich roll on either spell list, or just the Rituals of Chaos, if choosing a spell as a result of an advancement?

7. Exactly who are considered "firmer'', and who are not?

8. Do Firmir's natural saves stack with armor?

Thank you all very, very much!

Ps, I'm glad to switch from being a long time lurker to a member here, woot!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the Marsh questions, please   Lords of the Marsh questions, please Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2016 - 5:42

I can't answer your questions, but welcome to the forum!

Now that you are a member here, you can also PM werekin from this site. He usually responds quite promptly.
Back to top Go down
owenmatthew
Youngblood
Youngblood
owenmatthew

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the Marsh questions, please   Lords of the Marsh questions, please Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2016 - 6:13

Von Kurst wrote:
I can't answer your questions, but welcome to the forum!

Now that you are a member here, you can also PM werekin from this site.  He usually responds quite promptly.

I've read your posts for years, lol! Thank you for the response and the welcome.
Back to top Go down
owenmatthew
Youngblood
Youngblood
owenmatthew

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the Marsh questions, please   Lords of the Marsh questions, please Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2016 - 8:48

One last question, please. My group wants to know if the Firmir Warrior henchmen were intended to gain experience and be eligible for "lad's got talent ", or not. I felt it was pretty clear they were intended too, but they feel not limiting that was an oversight. Thoughts, please.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the Marsh questions, please   Lords of the Marsh questions, please Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2016 - 18:17

Hi Owen. I did reply to your email on 5th Jan as follows and yes the big warriors can get talent in your campaigns if you get lucky on the roll:

I like the sound of this reinvigoration. The older we get the trickier it becomes to pencil in meetings for turf wars to take place, or at least so invitees can commit to the fight. :-|

Will try to answer you Q's below...

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 Jan 2016, at 18:19, "Owen Matthew Aurelio omaha56@hotmail.com [theenemywithin]" <theenemywithin-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Werekin, or Sir or Ma'am,

Thank you for your awesome work on Bordertown Burning and Mutiny in Marienburg, they are reinvigorating our gaming group!

I have a couple questions about your Lords of the Marsh warband, please, and I'd like to get them worked out before we play again on Wednesday if at all possible.

Mystic Mist. It's cast by the band in general, correct? Can the Draich use his Mind Focus on this spell? Can any items help effect the roll of the spell, like a Familiar, etc...?
Mystic Mist is created by the bloodied bronze talismans worn by the whole warband. Not originating from the warband leader (Draich) means the spellcaster is unable to manipulate the dice roll.

When the mist goes down, you'd better be ready. Fortunately the fimm are cold-blooded which makes them less susceptible to psychology tests.

2. When inside the Myst many of the warband are immune to the effects of fear (Craven special rule). When the Mystic Mist fails are these fighters "afraid" of everything and need to make leadership tests against non-fear causers, or simply a normal warband, and need to make leadership tests against fear causers?
Craven warriors soil themselves at the mere sight of a straggler or draft animal. Yes, they are subject to the effects of fear regardless of whether the model they encounter causes fear or not!

3. Are these rules complete? Will this warband eventually get band specific special skills?
Yes, the draft copy in my Dropbox linked from Liber Malefic is complete.
No, they will not get special skills. Believe me the speed skills alone are devastating enough! Smile

4. How likely is this warband to change, or is it relatively "finished"?
The warband is thoroughly tested. Some players think it is too overpowered in respect of combat. This is not an accurate reflection of the way Mordheim is played however. The limitations and weaknesses of the warband become obvious enough to anyone who plays with or against these clawing monsters from a lost age.

5. Any other tips or points that might help a new Marsh player?

Yes, play campaigns using objectives. 1. The one for this warband in the Marienburg setting is incomplete -but- it does get the ball rolling nicely with the Ceremony of Sacrifice Chart. 2. Make use of special scenarios like "Swap Meat" and additional campaign guidelines which support the themes of this marsh dwellers. 3. Collect wyrdstone, visit Alchemists (Power in the Stones) and make the most of mutating your warriors (see "Corrupted Characters" article) as if you get lucky you'll be converting a Chaos Spawn! Smile

6. Can the Draich roll on either spell list, or just the Rituals of Chaos, if choosing a spell as a result of an advancement?

Either is fine.

Have you posted on TBMF? I haven't noticed anything. If so, let's copy + paste these answers onto the forum.

I am going to post these questions on tomsboringmordheim forum as well, but my group and I would love to hear from you or your team if you had the time.

Thank you for your time and for creating such awesome content! You and your team are an inspiration!

Sincerely,
Owen Aurelio

You are most welcome. We have had a blast with the campaign so far. Looking forwards to adding more material when I get the chance. Feel free to hassle me for stuff as I don't set any deadlines for hobby activity.

Fimir, Beastmen & Goblins cannot visit the special locations in Marketplace & Infamous Haunts chapters. As such I began work on a special new type of table to offer more choices to the Heroes in the post-battle sequence. It's called "Daemon Swamp" where 1-6 Heroes may visit instead of searching for Rare items. You make one 2D6 roll and add modifiers for every Hero beyond the first who goes there.
e.g. 3x Heroes = 2D6+2 (results are 2-17)

More on that later I guess when you get campaigning.

Enjoy your battle night tomorrow! Smile

Regards,

Stuart
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
owenmatthew
Youngblood
Youngblood
owenmatthew

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the Marsh questions, please   Lords of the Marsh questions, please Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2016 - 22:44

Stuart, well met! I'm sorry I never saw that response, my mistake! Thank you for your time in responding to my questions, it is very much appreciated!

The only thing we did wrong was not make the Craven models Fear everything when the Mist was down.

I'll give a rundown when we are done, it will be around 24 games, but these guys are hard hard right now... Both Warriors got Lad's (I started with them to max my chances from the beginning of the campaign).

Two more questions came up with play, do you mind please giving me a quick answer?

7. Exactly who are considered "firmer'', and who are not?

8. Do Firmir's natural saves stack with armor?

Again, thank you so much for your time and your awesome contribution to the hobby!!!
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the Marsh questions, please   Lords of the Marsh questions, please Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan 2016 - 9:18

Firmer? Firmir? Is that fimir with dodgey spelling?

Sounds like I need to correct the warband document! Which line does that appear on?

All of the models in the warband list are considered to be fimir.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the Marsh questions, please   Lords of the Marsh questions, please Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan 2016 - 9:20

The way that scaly skin armour works with regular armour should be explained in the Mordheim FAQ's. It's the same as lizardmen.
Back to top Go down
owenmatthew
Youngblood
Youngblood
owenmatthew

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the Marsh questions, please   Lords of the Marsh questions, please Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jan 2016 - 10:38

Thank you very very much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lords of the Marsh questions, please   Lords of the Marsh questions, please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lords of the Marsh questions, please
Page 1 of 1