Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Two questions for you.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Slapdash
Warrior
Warrior
Slapdash

Trading Reputation : 0

Two questions for you. Empty
PostSubject: Two questions for you.   Two questions for you. Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013 - 21:18

In the Feed Upon Magic description for the Liche I feel like I am being obtuse because I find "treasures" too vague a descriptor. Are treasures anything I have laying around? So can I buy 3 daggers (or come across some other way) after every game and be guarenteed a +1 wound for 6gc?

Secondly, do any of you out there play with needing greater than 6s to hit? For instance if your BS is 3 and your target is double half, behind cover and you've moved you would need a "7" to hit which would just translate to rolling a 6 and then possibly rolling again needing a 3+ on the second roll.

Thoughts on either? Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Arli
Veteran
Veteran
Arli

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Two questions for you.   Two questions for you. Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013 - 22:10

I cannot answer the first question, but in shooting, the second is yes. If you need a 7, you would need to first roll a 6, followed by a 4+. 8 would be a 6, followed by a 5, and a to hit of 9 would be a 6 followed by a 6.

If I am mistaken, please feel free to correct my mistakes.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Two questions for you.   Two questions for you. Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013 - 22:27

1) The reference to 'treasures' refers to wyrdstone but is generic because not all settings in Mordheim use wyrdstone (e.g. Sartosa uses cargo instead of wyrdstone). You cannot get equipment using this skill.

2) Rolling a 6 and then a 4+ to hit on a 7 is a house rule in Mordheim based on WHFB. Some people do use that house rule but officially it is impossible to hit when a 7 or higher is required.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Slapdash
Warrior
Warrior
Slapdash

PostSubject: Re: Two questions for you.   Two questions for you. Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013 - 1:56

Ahh perfect. Treasures = wyrdstone makes a lot more sense. We haven't tried BTB yet so I was just using RD in the regular Mordheim setting.

I'll bring both of your suggestions about "to hit" and we'll see where we stand there, but always hitting on a 6 has to go.

Thanks for your replies guys. I'm new and I'll have more questions I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Two questions for you.   Two questions for you. Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013 - 2:21

Always hitting on a 6? What's that about?
Back to top Go down
Slapdash
Warrior
Warrior
Slapdash

PostSubject: Re: Two questions for you.   Two questions for you. Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013 - 14:10

Von Kurst wrote:
Always hitting on a 6? What's that about?
That's what I am saying, but can you find in the rules where it says anything to dispute that? I think we were just going off if a 1 always fails, then "logically" a 6 should always hit. This madness ends tonight (because we're restarting the campaign tonight)!
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Two questions for you.   Two questions for you. Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013 - 15:42

Well, yes, but when using "to hit" modifiers you notice that each negative one effectively lowers your BS by one. So, if BS value is 3 and above mentioned modifiers comes to play (range, cover, movment), BS is 0 (3-3=0) and you cannot shoot. That's how we play. It even makes sense - imagine a warrior who barely sees his enemy (long range and cover modifiers), who's on the move and has no chance for standing still and aim precisely (moving modifier). He decides that his shot will be wasted, so he saves an arrow/bullet for a better occasion.
Back to top Go down
Arli
Veteran
Veteran
Arli

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Two questions for you.   Two questions for you. Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013 - 16:32

That is an excellent way to look at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two questions for you.   Two questions for you. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two questions for you.
Page 1 of 1