Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Witch questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

Trading Reputation : 0

The Witch questions Empty
PostSubject: The Witch questions   The Witch questions Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2015 - 23:02

Hi there,

Long time since I asked any of my stupid questions, so hello again Smile

I got a free Hired Sword roll and chose a Witch from looking at the list on 'Mordheimer'. I have now got a skill/spell advance, but I can't find which skills she should have access to, does anyone know? Maybe it was in the original TC description?

On the potion side, last game I rolled +1 toughness for my Orc boss who had already had a toughness advance, so he was sitting on toughness 6, which meant he was pretty bullet proof. Between us we agreed that as it was 'magic' the potion could take the Orc's toughness over racial maximum (5 unless I am mistaken). Does this sound right? With potions there is a chance for a -1 and you have to roll each turn to make sure it hasn't worn off which is a balance I guess, and obviously you might get another result e.g. STR, but it did make him rather over-powered in that game.

She also has to stay 8" from enemies, which is annoying as she has the cure hex which would allow me to heal a wound and get KD/stunned models back on their feet, but thats got a 6" range. But I guess that's for balancing, in theory she can still heal between fights once the enemies have been removed.

Any advice welcome, apologies if some of this is wrong or ovbious lol.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Witch questions   The Witch questions Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2015 - 3:24

The Witch does not have access to a skill set. She may roll another spell if she rolls a skill result. Since none of her spells suck, having another spell, or boosting an existing spell is not a bad thing.

If your group agrees then you may house rule that she gains academic skills, which is the common solution among those who feel it necessary. However she is already quite powerful in her way, often one of those hired swords thought to be broken. Giving her access to Sorcery and Mind Focus doesn't help with balance.

The 8" rule. Well just use her to heal warriors that get shot, or in the orcs' case, beat up by their own kind.
Back to top Go down
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Witch questions   The Witch questions Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2015 - 10:30

Thanks a lot VK. Yes She doesn't need to be more powerful, it was embarrassing enough running around with my toughness 6 Orc last time lol. I will roll another Hex.

Good point about healing shot, and sometimes models suffering from animosity attacks from their "mates" lol. Theres a bunch of tactics in there I hadn't even thought of, thank you.

PS: Go! Piggy go!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Witch questions   The Witch questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Witch questions
Page 1 of 1