Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My Witch Hunters

Go down 
+3
DeafNala
Von Kurst
xlins
7 posters
AuthorMessage
xlins
Champion
Champion
xlins

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011 - 20:25

Hi guys! I've lost all the mercenaries and skavens I had when I was younger, but now I'm back to Mordheim and I'll be posting my painted figures. I'll purchase a witch hunter warband, but also figures I just want to have and paint Very Happy

Aenur, Sword of Twilight

My Witch Hunters Aenurfront.th My Witch Hunters Aenurback.th

Doin' my best!! ^^

Last edited by xlins on Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 13:48; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jul 2011 - 5:30

Thank you for posting your figure. We have been talking about Bertha and how hard she is to find (purchase) on another thread. Inspired by a Lady Gaga song! I love it. cheers
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jul 2011 - 14:20

VERY NICELY DONE! The Lady looks the part. thumbsup
While I'm not familiar with her music, Lady Gaga is most definitely bizarre enough to fit neatly in Mordheim. What a Face
Back to top Go down
pistolpete308
Hero
Hero
pistolpete308

Personal Info

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2011 - 8:59

I'm surprised to see Bertha running around mordheim with her bare butt hanging out. What, is she trying to pass as a Werner Klocke model or something?
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug 2011 - 23:30

hehe, i remember an argument once were asp was provoking some people by saying that the sisters were sexually slanted

a lot of ppl on here denied it, and then he posted the pic of berthas ass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xlins
Champion
Champion
xlins

Personal Info

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011 - 15:42

Thanks for visiting the topic Very Happy I've updated with Aenur heheh next ones will be the other SoS and I hope to order soon my Witch Hunters.

HAHAH I didn't think about that she could be half naked, she must be wearing a thong or something Laughing

And even after the Witch Hunters, I'm starting liking some other warbands to be painted and added to my small figure collection.. this is hard drug isn't it? XD

I made a blue ink for Aenur's chain mail armor and after "dry brushed" or something with chain mail grey... but the photo didn't capture enough armor Sad
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011 - 17:50

Nice work on Aenur. It may be the photos but I would also recommend drybrushing his cloak with a lighter green to highlight the drapery.

Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011 - 11:42

shotguncoffee wrote:
hehe, i remember an argument once were asp was provoking some people by saying that the sisters were sexually slanted

a lot of ppl on here denied it, and then he posted the pic of berthas ass Very Happy
Well, you know, she's still meant to be painted wearing trousers, but people do choose to paint their minis as they please...

Anyway: nicely painted! I like Aenur best, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the sisters, beeing a sucker for them (they were my first real Mordheim warband)!
Back to top Go down
xlins
Champion
Champion
xlins

Personal Info

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011 - 19:59

Another update with the rest of the sisters I own atm, and I know I have to repaint a bit the bases xDD just took the photo with the mobile phone after painting them.

Now I just have to wait, bcs I have 2 Flagellants and 1 Sister with no base! And the Witch Hunter Warband (the official) has just been ordered today...

Later I may get to work with the Sis, because I received it with one empty hand, so I buildt part of a whip and I have to use the greenstuff to complete it.

Ipod+Painting rulz heheh

Another drybrush on Aenur's cloak? Perfect, I'll do what you recommend Very Happy thx!!

Thanks for having a look at the figures ^^
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011 - 20:38

LOOKING GOOD! Aenur & the Holy Babes turned out quite nicely...love the red head. WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
xlins
Champion
Champion
xlins

Personal Info

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011 - 10:13

Up with my Witch Hunters... and now working on a Freeboter's Fate and a Confrontation mini that will be more Hunters to the band Razz
Back to top Go down
xlins
Champion
Champion
xlins

Personal Info

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011 - 16:33

No feedback/advice?? xD I did my best on the band >.< even though I'm still learning painting techniques
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011 - 17:05

Sorry, xlins...I didn't realize that you added the new photos to the same post as the first batch. Most Folk put up new pics as a new post.
The new Old Lady Burners look GREAT! The colors you chose are traditional but cool nonetheless. With most of the War Hounds getting a Rottweiler look, the basic brown you chose is a pleasant change. All VERY NICELY DONE! thumbsup
The only critique/advice is the flames while looking good are in reverse colors; i.e., the red part being the colder part of the flame should be on top going orange to yellow as you go down. Doing it your way does, however, feel correct when painting it...I have no idea why that is. clown
I'm looking forward to your Freebooter & Confrontation stuff. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:25

As Deaf Nala said, while people might edit their first post so visitors can see everything in one go, they usually also post new stuff as a new post. Otherwise ppl don't see that there is anything new in here while browsing the index. I like your editions, if you don't feel comfortible with your the dog, just look around this side, there are plenty of witch hunter warbands in progress here and they all feature dogs. But well done so far!
Back to top Go down
xlins
Champion
Champion
xlins

Personal Info

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSat 5 Nov 2011 - 14:12

Thx for your feedback =) I'll do the torches again and try to improve them.

At the moment, I'm working on a grenadier Wolf that will be the second hound of my warband and also in my Elf Ranger (gw)

Finally... I decided to sell my 3 sisters and Bertha in order to improve the main warband and my other vices XD so I'll must search for a suitable Sigmar Priest for the Warband.

I have in queue some reaper miniatures, a sort of inquisitor of confrontation and a swordgirl of freebooter's fate, after my exams I'll try to do a good update Smile

Worst part of everything is that I'm tempted to start a vampire undead warband >.<

Pity that freebooter's, confrontation and reaper use different bases, but I think people won't complain for this... bigger base size is a disadvantage imo xD but I'll base them on their originals ^^
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeSat 5 Nov 2011 - 16:39

Quote :
Worst part of everything is that I'm tempted to start a vampire undead warband >.<
The curse of miniature collecting. There is always a gorgeous new shiny to get! Smile

Base sizes--I rebase everything on Citadel square bases. Or if you use the miniatures for different games there is no problem in leaving them on the base they came with.
Back to top Go down
xlins
Champion
Champion
xlins

Personal Info

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan 2012 - 13:50

Just deleted all of my photos, one of my new year goals is to have my mordheim warband repainted and the rest of the reaper / conftontation /freebooters miniatures also painted.

Oh, and learning how to give lights, and all that basic painting stuff I don't have a clue how to do it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunters   My Witch Hunters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Witch Hunters
Page 1 of 1