Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MaximumG

MaximumG

Trading Reputation : 0

Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain   Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2015 - 14:45

Hi everyone,

I have never ever made terrain before and i would like to know if anyone could direct me to any tutorial, books, dvds, websites etc that can teach an absolute beginner how to create terrain that's decent looking.

Cheers,
George
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain   Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2015 - 15:05

have fun!*

* edit: don't forgert to click here

Last edited by Captain Bernhardt on Wed 11 Mar 2015 - 10:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MaximumG

MaximumG

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain   Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015 - 13:49

Hi everyone.

I only managed to find one book on the subject by GW but there seems to be a crapload of books on how to make terrain for model railroads incidentally enough so I got some of those so I am looking forward to building some terrain.
Back to top Go down
wanna993
Captain
Captain
wanna993

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain   Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015 - 2:57

You don't really need books. There's plenty of resources online. The main things you'll need are supplies as those will dictate what you can/can't do.
For instance without foam, you'll have a hard time making moutains/hills.

I suggest you look at terrain threads, see what they use, ask questions in case you can't see what materials are used, then make your own (or start by making copies of existing terrain)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain   Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tutorial on how to learn how to make terrain
Page 1 of 1