Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tomb kings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jballs918

Jballs918

Trading Reputation : 0

Tomb kings  Empty
PostSubject: Tomb kings    Tomb kings  Icon_minitimeMon 22 Dec 2014 - 6:49

I was wondering if anyone out there plays these. I have read through the rules and waswondering if the town cryer was the only place for the trader chart and also if anyone has ever ran mounted version of these. That also leads me to another question. Are the tomb king only allowd to have chariots or can they be mounted also. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Tomb kings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb kings    Tomb kings  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2014 - 6:29

Not sure what you mean by the Trader Chart? Where is it referred to?

Mounted version? In what way? I'm assuming you are talking about the TC version of the warband called Tomb Guardians?

I'm sorry to ask questions rather than answer them, but I am not sure what you are asking about.

A mounted version of the warband would require mounts which in a Warhammer army would be skeletal steeds. The Blazing Saddles rules (the rules for mounts in Mordheim) have a nightmare, which is similar to a skeletal steed in stats. When my Mummies ride they ride nightmares or drive chariots. Of course this is not following the strict interpretation of the rules since Tomb Guardians are not mentioned in the 'who may ride' section of the nightmare's rules nor may a Tomb Lord drive a chariot unless he finds a way to learn academic skills, which is plain stupid.

To field a mounted version of the warband you need to bend the rules, so you need your groups' permission. Also only your heroes may ride unless you are playing a Khemri campaign. (If you are, you are too cool for school!) Undead
Khemri included a rule that henchmen may be given mounts (although the authors never explained how that would work with the Blazing Saddles rules...)
Back to top Go down
Jballs918

Jballs918

Tomb kings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb kings    Tomb kings  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2014 - 7:46

It was on the tomb guardians in the tc. And the chart for rare loots, I thought it was the trader chart in the tc, it also covers liche Magic. Now that they have to learn a skill does this affect them. They said skellytons have no brains. Can they learn any skills than. Not sure where to go with this I would love to have all my heroes either driving chariots or smelly stead. But the no brain rule may kill that. Thank you for the reply
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Tomb kings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb kings    Tomb kings  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2014 - 18:10

I have seen the original warband run a couple of times. In both cases, we were playing a Mordheim campaign as opposed to the Khemri campaign, and the TKs did not do at all well. Too slow, and as a result they tended to be shot to pieces before closing (they are scary, so they attracted attention from shooters).

In general with the three campaigns (Mordheim, Lustria, and Khemri) GW only play-tested the warbands for balance within the individual campaigns, not overall. They are not horribly out of sink, but the Lustrian warbands are a little more powerful than the Mordheim warbands, and the Khemri warbands are the weakest, in my experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tomb kings  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomb kings    Tomb kings  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tomb kings
Page 1 of 1