Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Brand New Mordheim Game! :D

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

Trading Reputation : 0

Brand New Mordheim Game! :D Empty
PostSubject: Brand New Mordheim Game! :D   Brand New Mordheim Game! :D Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2014 - 16:59

Here is the first version of that game, filled with custom art, rules innovations, and great ideas lifted from Warhammer 8th. ed. - What are you waiting for? Get your elves and orcs on! It is is a stand-alone fantasy-themed skirmish game. It is its own game that is separate from Warhammer, Coreheim, Mordheim, and all the other 'heims. Other than that we can't say much about it, because it's brand spanking new.

http://coreheim.com/wyrdwars/
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Mordheim Game! :D   Brand New Mordheim Game! :D Icon_minitimeMon 1 Sep 2014 - 18:21

Hi,

I just read your rules and I must say I really like some of the stuff I read. SOme other stuff I didn't like as much. There are a lot of things in there that I like and some that I don't. I'll try to test your rules as soon as I can. For now I'll give an overview of the stuff I liked an didn't liked. Aso I didn't read everything yet. I mainly kept to the 'core rules' and rules on weapons. I still have to read the campaign system, scenario's, rules on magic and warband rules. I'll try to read them and give feedback on it in the near future.

Also, one question: is this game meant to be played in a Mordheim setting (eg. lot's of scenery) or a Warhammer setting (in the open, lots of hills, streams and woods, not so much cover)?

Stuff I like:
- Random charge moves. But can I ask why you chose to go for 2D6 and chosing the highist (I'm not criticing, I'm just curious for your motivation)
- Striking always at Initiaive value but bonus for chargers.
- I liked how you can ALWAYS intercept, even when the enemy model is not charging.
- new rules and prices for weapons, much more 'honest'
- clear and well written rules!

stuff I like less
- that your armour can crumble.
- that concussion has effects that last an entire game. It seems a bit harsh plus it's yet more to remember.
- Personally I prefer the Mordheim warbands over the fantasy warbands but I appreciate the effort to create your own game. Perhaps I'll find a way to play the Mordheim Warbands with the WYrdwars rulesset.

Overall I really like it! Sorry I didn't read it all yet but I will do so in the near future and keep you informed of my thoughts Wink

Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Mordheim Game! :D   Brand New Mordheim Game! :D Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2014 - 2:59

Just found this yesterday. it looks pretty good overall. I like the idea of multiple wounds and that the rules are clear. I understand it's brand new and needing playtesting, but the lack of 'big guys' makes me feel like it is missing something. I'll have to see if any of my friends will give it a go with me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Mordheim Game! :D   Brand New Mordheim Game! :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand New Mordheim Game! :D
Page 1 of 1