Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Seikilos
Veteran
Veteran
Seikilos

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... Empty
PostSubject: Battle reports of our campaign. The other side....   Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... Icon_minitimeTue 1 Apr 2014 - 20:09

Hello folks,

as an addition to my thread of battle-reports of my beastmen warband I try to make other reports in this separate thread.

We play a campaign of four players and here I’m going to post pictures and battle reports by the other players who haven’t fought the beastmen at the scenario. I’m going to post the conclusion, bought stuff, skills got in the other thread though!

In this case, it was the second game of our campaign and here played Reiklanders vs. Osterlanders.

We played all the same scenario “Defend the Find” which is really a f*****g bad scenario for defenders.

The Reiklanders started with their captain, two champions, one youngblood, five marksmen and one wardog. I don’t know the exact equipment, but they have swords and bows. ;-)
The Reikland-Youngblood Kindstod has horrible scars and therefore causes fear, the Champion Schädel ist immune to fear.

The Osterlander started with seven models and was therefore the defender. He has one Elder with a smashed leg, one Blood-brother, four Jaegers and one ogre. The Jaeger all have handguns. His Priest died in his first game and never came back.

The building to defend was really good, because it had only two entrants. The Osterlander got his Jaegers up and his ogre in the middle of the building . Reikland troops came all from one side.

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P10803316azi2buetr

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P1080342efxd5n2y9v_thumb

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P1080343pif4do07qc_thumb

Because humans are really scared of everything, they move really slow forward. In the first round, Nogge, one of the reiklandish markmen killed a jaeger of the osterlanders. But unfortunately the most exciting moment of the whole game.

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P10803642k0oqi6gpw

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P1080341qtdh543c7x

Reiklanders move slowly forward, but are never fully visible…

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P1080365wtoxl67cr9

I think in turn four he got six models in 6” around the building. One of his marksmen falls back, so he isn’t in range with more models than the defender.
The goal was getting his heroes inside the building, to get warpstone for winning.

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P1080367e9lc4638xv

“Unfortunately” one of the reikland marksmen shoots one of the jaegers down, being knocked out. Because the Osterlander didn’t want to come out, he stayed in the building having 5 standing models inside, while the Reiklander has 6 standing models outside and wins. But didn’t get any extra warpstone-shards.

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P1080369z7dlath2r3

The game was pretty short, but not very balanced. I think, this scenario is truly overpowered for the attacker.

Read more in my other Thread how everything ended an how the warbands were getting better….!

Best regards,
Seikilos

P.s.: Painting, modeling and terrain of the reiklanders were all made by the Reiklander-player, who is registered here as Silberlinge2!
Back to top Go down
Seikilos
Veteran
Veteran
Seikilos

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Battle reports of our campaign. The other side....   Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:34

Hello again,

so here’s my next battle report from the other two bands, actually not playing against me. This time, there was a match with Reiklanders vs. Skaven.

I gave the skaven player the advice to buy more henchmen and slings, but he had’nt understand completely. At least he bought four new verminkin with slings, and one of his champion rats now has three swords, wielding one of them with his tail.
He had four heroes and eight verminkin.

The Reiklander had his Captain, two Champions and his youngblood, one Fighter-henchmen, four marksmen (all with longbows and BS 5!) and two wardogs.

The scenario played was occupy and they had to occupy five buildings. The only HAD five buildings being able to be occupied at all.

Reiklander set up first, building one solid fighting line. Skaven split up into several groups, having in mind to occupy the buildings.

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P10804065kq39fc72d

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P1080407kybf8xcwav

The skaven player starts and moves forward, splitting his warband up into two groups. Reiklander also moves forward and starts shooting… So the next few turns went on and on. Skaven moves forward and then goes back again. Though the Reiklander was divided, too, he NEVER really wanted to fight, but backed up as soon as the enemy was in range.

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P1080409qiokjsmhvn

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P1080410zo4whn30kx

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P1080413l0xe1fpvia

In the third turn of the Reikland player, he shot one of the black skaven down being stunned. The skaven player backs up more, with his only thing in mind is: Not being shot. He didn’t try to get in combat, he did shoot only once with a sling. The only thing he did was hiding in the back of buildings hoping the battle will be over soon.

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P1080417afg0nx5l1i

In the fourth round the Reiklander shot the Skavens Assasin adept (OOA) and one of his Verminkin (OOA). Unfortunately both with henchmen, so no extra experience.

And that was the game… the nex turns the Reiklander goes forward shooting, the skaven player backs up, hiding.

It really was kind of annoying, though there was not really anything exciting about it.

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... P108042071nsjyopm4

In conclusion I have to say, the skaven player actually doesn’t really know, what he should be doing with his warband. He really does not play the advantages of his warband and is scared of going in combat. After his loss in the first game, the two following games with the skaven player included not a single hand-to-hand combat due the skaven players fled.
When this goes on, I really would recommend him playing another warband, but I’m not quite sure, which. Beastmen are played by me, which also would be nice for him. Maybe posessed or something like that…. Hitting hard in meelee and being hard to kill.

What happened after the battle will be told in my beastmen-battle-report-thread….

Best regards,
Seikilos
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Battle reports of our campaign. The other side....   Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2014 - 18:40

I'm sorry I missed your first report up until now. Both reports are VERY WELL written narratives with SPLENDID PHOTOS of LOVELY TERRAIN & MINIS! GREAT STUFF!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
EWSSteve
Champion
Champion
EWSSteve

PostSubject: Re: Battle reports of our campaign. The other side....   Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2014 - 21:00

Really nice scenery and models and a great report Smile

Look forward to hearing more!
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Battle reports of our campaign. The other side....   Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... Icon_minitimeSun 8 Mar 2015 - 15:18

Okay guys and gals, I've made a shortlist of the types of figures I'd like for my Dark Souls. I like the hooded / cloaked look/ I'm sure I could get away with some of the obviously not evil figures with a suitable paint job. I was hoping to go for an all female group, but that Master Tormenter looks too good to pass up Smile

Have you got any other suggestions for models that will fit in with this style?

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... <a href=Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... DarkSoul05_zpswmy77lnz" />

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... DarkSoul02_zpstlvvd8ic

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... DarkSoul03_zpsduhuxmkd

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... DarkSoul01_zpsceivqxbq

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... DarkSoul04_zpspyqr6glv
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Battle reports of our campaign. The other side....   Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... Icon_minitimeSun 8 Mar 2015 - 15:27

I really like your choice of miniatures. While the Skorne are particularly appropriate, the others demonstrate the the Dark Side doesn't necessarily need to be strange or repulsive. The attractive Ladies are in their own way even more disturbing.  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle reports of our campaign. The other side....   Battle reports of our campaign. The other side.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle reports of our campaign. The other side....
Page 1 of 1