Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread

Go down 
+31
drakkol
dwi
VonHagel
Popmouth
Trulsa
Fungomungus
Figgy
Myntokk
Gobbo Freak
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ezekiel
Chad
Necromancer
TheWatcher
Drugart
jackanory
Eliazar
SirLeon
matt
CrazyOrc88
Hawkeye
Admin Tom
Hellfoot
Duce
Ash
JohnYoung
Rancid
DeafNala
cianty
xarly22
Skavenblight
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2009 - 22:14

Sorry guys - I have completely abandoned my warband... well, maybe not completely Smile After very long time I have painted 2 of my 4 brethren - so hopefully I will finish my warband (at last!).

I haven't been here for a month, but don't worry - I'm back and this is not the only thread I want to reanimate Very Happy

Rodrik & Georg:
chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Kult
chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Kult2
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2009 - 22:41

Finally! the return of the wicked! (and by that I don't only adress your warband Wink)

Though not too fond of the models, I really dig the paint job, especially the little details on the skirts and shoulder parts!

are you perhaps hinting at the underground scenery?
I would love to see some more of that! -specially after JohnYoung, Eliazar and I found what fun you could have with underground adventures! updates!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2009 - 23:02

It's true - the models are the worst sculpts in this warband. They all have the same bodies and hands, only heads are different. But I tried to convert them - these models are converted only a little (hands, hands, hands) but the other two, which are already waiting for painting, are better - one of them has even lost his head Wink

I haven't forgotten about my underground scenery Smile I hope you will see something new this week Smile
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2009 - 23:56

Well done! Does the heart good and cold to see evil out roaming about. Great Job!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 7:19

NEVER WAS FOUL SO FAIR! Lovely work on some ugly minis. It's surprising how some less-than-state-of-the-art can be painted up into little treasures. As always your pieces are BEAUTIFUL. WELCOME BACK & WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 10:30

I like them a lot, I'm trying to figure how I will glue mines, but I really like the colours you used ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009 - 16:28

Let's finish Papa Nurgle's Children!

Ok, ok... I haven't finished the warband completely. There is still one mini to paint, but it's the last! And this is Horst, 3 of the 4 brethren. He's very shy, so forgive him that he's still wearing the mask chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_wink

(As always, sorry for the pics, they're not always as sharp as I wanted, but the most important was to save the colors, which "like" to turn out different in the daylight...)

chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Horst1chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Horst2
chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Horst3chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Horst4
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009 - 16:35

LOVE him!! Awesome paint job! And his name... haha ..."Horst"... that made me laugh. Awesome pun! .D
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009 - 17:56

VERY COOL in an appropriately VERY DISTURBING way. Horst does have a charm all his own, AND he IS a SNAPPY dresser. As always VERY WELL DONE! chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009 - 20:54

Those models look really "neat" Skavenblight. Great job.

I really like the Cart conversion and the Slimey bases chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_cheers

Bardzo dobrze!!! chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_surprised

Last edited by Gobbo Freak on Sun 11 Oct 2009 - 20:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009 - 21:22

Great work! I'm a fan of all things Nurgle, and this whole warband is awesome! I like the bright color palette you used in contrast with their disgusting bodies - very humorous and fitting of the Carnival (in their own twisted way)!

I especially like the little touches to all the Nurglings.
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 15:00

I don't think I have ever commented on your work, but I have been lurking around your posts alot, so I figured it's about time you get another compliment!

Love all your work! And Horst is one cool guy.
Back to top Go down
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 18:12

Is this guy orginally come with a horse head or was that sculpted on?
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 18:27

Wow, is all that I have to say Smile I have completely missed this thread and those figures are so amazing Smile And I would have commented further if I didn't have a baby climbing on my laptop Wink
Back to top Go down
SirLeon
Champion
Champion
SirLeon

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 8:45

Nice work. I don't like the modles, but your work is great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dienachtderlebendentoten.de.vu
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 21:09

I like your models, though considering the paining you could indeed try giving them some deeper shades, I like that their colorful with a wide palette, though still giving them some shading could very well give them an appealing look.
Back to top Go down
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 22:21

I think I will disagree Popmouth, with these models (Im not a big fan) I think her bright paints make these models! I think if she were to wash them they would be grundgie and befiatly not Skavenblight! I really like her clean, bright painting style and it brings out (imo) the models characture. Other wise I wouldnt even be looking at the CoC warband, cause like the way GW painted their CoC warband, rubbish and not much fun to look at. Skaven on the other hand, very good to look at!
Back to top Go down
VonHagel
Warrior
Warrior
VonHagel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov 2009 - 11:58

Very insparational miniatures indeed, I am especialy excited about the plague cart! is there any way I can get my hands on similar jewellery boxes, where did you buy them? or do I have to just scoure the net for something that resembles them. All I know is it is an extreamly good idea! can't wait for a group foto.
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 9:12

Woot woot!! I love them! Well done! chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Nov 2009 - 22:56

Wow... sorry that I didn't write a word here since month, but I had no time for forum. I try to reply now Smile

Fungomungus wrote:
Is this guy orginally come with a horse head or was that sculpted on?
No, the guy was like Georg - here, the model with yellow head Smile
chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Kult

But I didn't want to have two identic guys, so I cut off his head and replaced it by another head. The horse head is from this mini, which is one of my tainted ones in my CoC.

chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 M1250445_99060203103_ColWHJulesMain_445x319

Popmouth wrote:
I like your models, though considering the paining you could indeed try
giving them some deeper shades, I like that their colorful with a wide
palette, though still giving them some shading could very well give
them an appealing look.
Thanks for opinion. Actually, I agree with you, deeper shades may look better; in other warbands of mine I tried (and try) to save the balance. But in this warband the idea was to paint it as colorful as possible Smile I don't negate that the colors are eye-striking - it should be so. However, I don't want to paint like this every warband.

VonHagel wrote:
Very insparational miniatures indeed, I am especialy excited about the
plague cart! is there any way I can get my hands on similar jewellery
boxes, where did you buy them? or do I have to just scoure the net for
something that resembles them.
I'm afraid I can't help you with this; it bought these boxes in one of the big shops with books, computer games, CD's etc. There are also little things like these, but I don't know how it looks in your country. But I think it rather easy (and cheap) to buy, you need only look for it carefully Smile
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010 - 13:33

Hey guys,
I'm glad to show you THE LAST MINI from this warband! Yes, yes, this is the big day - the warband is complete now. It's taken very long, but I think it looks good. Tomorrow I'll show you all of them - complete warband of Carnival of Chaos, with its story and story of each one model (yes, I will use my bad English and try to translate it for you...), and of course, NEW PICS! Today is the day of Zafir, the last brethren and also last mini painted for CoC. Let's celebrate! chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_cheers

chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Zaf1chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Zaf2

More pics on blog.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010 - 13:58

VERY COOL...AND with Group photos, fluff, & your charming way with English looming on the horizon, all I can say is OH BABY!Well maybe I could say a word or two more...the last of the Lads turned out GREAT, a FINE addition/finale to a FINE War Band. VERY WELL DONE! chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010 - 16:09

Hey girl, what i've read here from you so far, your english is not that bad. (better than my Polish, that's for sure chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_wink )

Can't wait to see the total group shot!
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010 - 19:47

Thanks guys. I translated the story to English, it wasn't so hard as I thought. I need only to ask my hus... ummm, I mean dictionary about few words which I don't know, and then the story will be complete!

A brighter version of the last brethren - someone told me it's too dark (I don't know why I can paint the minis, but after 3 years of painting, I have still problems with pics):
chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Zaf1chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Zaf2
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010 - 21:50

good job! chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 544694 You're indeed a better painter than me...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread   chaos - Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skavenblight's Carnival of Chaos thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next