Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ostermark Searcher - Hired Sword WIP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Ostermark Searcher - Hired Sword WIP Empty
PostSubject: Ostermark Searcher - Hired Sword WIP   Ostermark Searcher - Hired Sword WIP Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jul 2013 - 7:26

Hey all, longtime looker on the board and sometimes poster, and I had been kicking around an idea as I had been working on a model but didn't know if I would use him in a warband, so I decided to make up my own hired sword.  I will post a picture of the model when he's done (got all the pieces together and undercoated, now just have to paint him in between taking care of my five-month old).  I wrote up some rule for a Hired Sword, would love to get some feedback on how it looks.

Anywho, here we go.  Thanks for your time reading.

====
Ostermark Searcher
40 gold crowns to hire + 15 gold crowns upkeep.

<>The wild land of the province of Ostermark is known for its farmsteads and small villages surrounded by forests, and in these forest young children have been known to wander off.  During times like these, search parties are formed in order to find the children, lest they have not just wandered off but have been indeed victims of some brutish Orc raiding party, or chaos beast, or other ruffian.  Usually in times of these searchers, a veteran soldier in the Ostermark army, usually now retired to becoming a town’s sheriff, leads the expedition.  Since, however, the comet of Sigmar has destroyed the capital of this once great province, a few of these searchers have now left the farmers to fend for themselves and made their way to the whispered City of the Damned.  These soldiers and searchers most of the time bring their trusty dog with them, now instead of searching for missing persons, they search out wyrdstone and riches.  And sometimes, their services are shared to the highest paying customer.

May be Hired:
Any warband except Possessed, Undead, Beastmen, Carnival of Chaos, or Skaven may hire an Ostermark Searcher.

Rating: An Ostermark Searcher increases the warband’s ratings by +19 points, plus 1 point for each experience point he has.

Profile M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Searcher 4 4 3 4 3 1 3 1 7
Dog 6 4 0 4 3 1 3 1 5

Weapons/Armor: Mace, Dagger, Lantern, Light Armor, Helmet, Rope and Hook, Dog (see special rules)

SPECIAL RULES:
I See Someone Over There:
A master at searching for things that need to be found, he can spot a hidden enemy at 2x his Initiative value.

I’ll Help You Up!: Trained in rescuing people from wells or ditches, an Ostermark Searcher may help an ally up if they are trying to climb to another floor of the building if the Searcher is standing by the edge of where the ally is trying to reach.  The Searcher must pass a strength test during either the ally or Searcher’s movement phase, and if successful, he pulls the ally up to where he is.

See Something Boy?: If an Ostermark Searcher is NOT taken out of action, they will add +1 Wyrdstone to your total amount found at the end of the battle.

Good Boy!: A Searcher’s dog is a loyal companion: always by his side and willing to fight beside his master.  The dog MUST remain within 2" of the Searcher at all times.  If a Searcher is charged, the dog will leap to attack the charger first, striking first much like a spear.  Also, if the Searcher charges, the dog will attack as well. Also, the dog can use the Ostermark Searcher's Ld as long as within 2" of the Searcher.

Skills: An Ostermark Searcher can choose from Combat, Strength, and Speed skills when he gains a new skill.

*EDIT: Did some changes to the dog's rules.

Last edited by kidcage on Thu 25 Jul 2013 - 19:40; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ostermark Searcher - Hired Sword WIP   Ostermark Searcher - Hired Sword WIP Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jul 2013 - 18:17

Great concept.

The biggest problem I have with it is the treatment of the dog. Since the game has other dogs which are separate models and indeed people have come up with all kinds of rules for animals, it is odd to have an animal such as a dog that is NOT a separate model. The dog could have rules similar to the Merchant's bodyguard and become a separate model...
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Ostermark Searcher - Hired Sword WIP   Ostermark Searcher - Hired Sword WIP Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jul 2013 - 19:34

Thanks for the feedback, the dog was the thing that was perplexing me, as the model I have in mind for it is the Bretonnian dog, and it just seemed really small to be a stand-alone. However, I think I will take the idea of a separate figure and run with it.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ostermark Searcher - Hired Sword WIP   Ostermark Searcher - Hired Sword WIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ostermark Searcher - Hired Sword WIP
Page 1 of 1