Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Plastic High Elves for Mordheim

Go down 
+6
Grimscull
Von Kurst
Saranor
WarbossKurgan
Spectre76
HellspawN
10 posters
AuthorMessage
HellspawN
Warlord
Warlord
HellspawN

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Empty
PostSubject: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 0:12

Here:
elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim M3180724a_99120210023_2013ShadowWarriors01_873x627
The new plastic Ghost Warriors!
elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Ani-doctor_dance
10 minis for 40€. Crying or Very sad

After skavens, humains... high elves of Mordheim get their full plastic warband in ONE Battle box.
Will Mordheim reborn?
After all, GW can now make good plastic terrains... and nice plastic warbands... I want a Mordheim comeback like Space Hulk's.

Won't we flood GW with this request?
WE WANT MORDHEIM BACK
WE WANT MORDHEIM BACK
WE WANT MORDHEIM BACK
WITH TONS OF PLASTIC SPRUE FOR TERRAIN S AND SCENERIES!
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 5:42

These are looking NICE. As far as GW's plans for Mordheim, who can really tell, though it does say a lot that the Mordheim Rulebook and all sorts of resources are available for free download off of their website.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2013 - 9:49

The Shadow Warriors are a really lovely kit (they can also be built as Maiden Guard!) but they are not about to remake Mordheim IMHO. This is as close as they are going to get:

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t7091-regiment-of-renown-warhammer-skirmish-rules
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2013 - 10:44

I hope GW will never touch a hand on mordheim. I fear they will make it only worse.

I like our status quo. Most groups have a set of houserules and thats fine. No extra-pseudo-rulechanging from GW is needed.

On Topic:
I don't like the new Warrios the way they are. They should either use a bow and have the sword on their belt or the other way. Both weapons at the same time doesn't look good. But it could be a very interesting conversion kit. Only the price is bad...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2013 - 16:07

Quote :
I hope GW will never touch a hand on mordheim. I fear they will make it only worse.

Amen to that brother!

I do like having another plastic elf kit, especially an armored elf. More options for making saracens!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2013 - 16:30

@ GW hands off of MH: I voiced that same opinion over at another forum in the context of the rumour about a new Blood Bowl and earned a lot of negative feedback. Most arguements were along the line of: "there would be new, probably better rules and minis and if you didn't like the new rules, you could still play by the old ones, so have no fear". I do doubt though, that GW would leave TOM's and other Forums alone if they relaunched MH. So an AMEN from me as well.

@ Elfes: great helmets but the bow/sword combo really looks a little odd.

Last edited by Grimscull on Tue 30 Apr 2013 - 18:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2013 - 17:29

It's always nice when all us T.B.M.Fers are in agreement. Forgetting Justice...if there is any Mercy in Life, Game Workshop, as it has become, will never touch Our Mordheim with their money grubbing mitts. Karate

As a Goblin Guy, I like the bow & sword combo; re, it makes both weapons useless. I sometimes wonder what G.W. Designers are thinking about when they come up with weapons combinations like these...thankfully I never actually get a glimpse of their thoughts. clown
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2013 - 18:01

The advantage of the sword/bow combo as is though is there is less need to convert to get a dual wielding elf as they have swords in both right and left hands.
Also if you look at the kit as it can also be the Sisters, the Sisters right hand is holding an arrow so you can with ease insert that other arm and have what you want.... also with the other heads you gain a few female heads to throw into the mix.

I think the bow + Sword pose is two things.
1: A sells pitch to show us all the weapons options. Though it would have been nice to see a few bow and arrow with sword on hip.
2: We deal with a ton of people who watch movies and I can't tell you how often I see a guy equipped like this and wadding threw bad guys with a bow in hand knocking them away and drawing his sword to dispatch the bad guy (if the whack from the bow didn't do the job) just to be able to shoot again in a flash with no trouble. Thus again a sells pitch to those who don't know any better.
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2013 - 20:52

Well, i second what salanor said, no moneymaking here! AMEN!
With my monthly visit at my local fantasy-supply-shoppe i could always throw up by seeing the new stuff those greedy senores from the island just came up with. Please dont get me wrong, i love CITADEL, and gw, well, until the year 1990, okay lets say 1994 0r even make it a 5, but then the shit happens. I think this discussion about gw , the moneymaking style of their politics and so on has been around here and other places, and as long as i have access to those fantastic pieces of lead over ebay, well, i dont care much about the rest.
But even in 2002 i had one particular gw store, up in scandinavia, where i began to collect old schoolers by ordering them via troll order, picking them out of those nice oldschool catalogues, and the guys there , well, how should i put it, jeah, you know, they kept it at bay, will say they didnt pushed it to the limit.What i am talking about is the way that almost every gw man is running you over as soon as you place a foot in the store, shooting " hey pal, have you seen the new this´s and that´s, no, yes, i dont care cause i will go on asking and pushing you until you sit yourself down and paint new minis, or at least until you bought something.Its hell to go to a gw store now a days, if you dont belong to the followers of Thulsa Doom, aehmm, sorry , i ment Games Workshop.

So fellow tommies, i had the urge to get this out of me, hope you ´re not mad at me, but this is just how i feel, well, and for the little gw store in the far north, you know wich one i mean, cellar and so on, well, keep it up just the way it is, you´re doing great, compared to most of the others!
AMEN

Oh, and to say a word about the elves mentioned in the topic, well, burn them!Wink
no, just joking, well, they will do great for conversions on new shadow warriors, am sure of it, but please guys, convert them!

Oh, by the way, having just let my anger get the better of me, well, this morning i read this: http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/?p=80856 ; SO; the gw´s are realy going in to the wrong direction concerning politics, and in the end, customer service, but who cares, they´re cutting their own flesh!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2013 - 18:15

Lets not turn this into a complete GW hate-fest Smile they are after all a company that wanna make a profit, nothing wrong with that. Sometimes they are a bit of a bully, cough spot the space marine cough. But a company needs to protect their copyrights or they will lose them. My local store is great and the guys and gals know that I'm only there for Mordheim and now Inq28 so they don't push stuff on me.

Anyway I'm not sold on the elves, they are a solid core but do need some trimming, as Def said both weapons are useless when wielded together.

As for a return of Mordheim? Not gonna happen, SG games never sold enough and since GW are currently killing of SG I don't see them returning to our fine city. And does anyone wanna let Matt Ward near the background?
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2013 - 18:48

Nooo Matt Ward! *knocksonwoodthrice*. Thanks for mentioning Inq28, I googled it and it is what I thought. Just needed that name to have something to search for. Are there many Inq28 players around?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2013 - 19:32

Inq28 is definitely growing. The Ammobunker seems to be the number one forum. As for blogs I would look up Tears of Isstvan, spiky rat pack, eternal hunt, inq28 blog and officio convertorum.

Season after season, hating Matt Ward never goes out of style. Hope he never finds out about Mordheim.
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2013 - 19:55

ELVES! So, for beeing true to the topic. Well, lets see, INQ28, love it, and agree, spikyratpack also made me an total follower of this fever for small sized INQ. Hope i can get serialmom with me on the INQ28 train, lets wait and see.
I even bought a copy of the rulebook. Love it!
@alex: dont think that i dont know that there are a lot of great stores all over the planet.As i mentioned above , the one in copenhagen, now i said it, is absolutly awesome. And you know that the best of them moved to helsinki, and is now working somewhere else, god knows why. But its just that brainwashed attitude that makes me go totaly apeshit.Dont they know that this kind of behavior only works on kids and grannies?!
And copyright? Come on, its free commercials for them, but to attack fanbased sites, or the thing that smaller stores in the us and the 500.- dollar minimum, or was it maximum limit per month, doesnt matter, what they are doing is destroying their fans, and those that lived of it for years. This is very sad.

Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2013 - 20:29

Elves!

Chill Floede chill Smile I know you didn't mean all stores suck and I didn't mean to single you out. Of course some stores suck, it's bound to.

The Faeit debacle is rather interesting, he/she knew the material was leaked and GW didn't want it shown yet. Did GW overreact? Absolutely. Were they within their rights to do so, of course. Part of the problem is that they want to show their new stuff in WD, printed media being rather cutting edge in tech and all... They should look over what WD could be instead of just a glorified catalogue (with fantasique Blanchitsu). New stuff can be seen online for free. Secondly, where do the leaks come from? In house.

As I said GW can be a big bully at times, those lawyers sure do spend a lot of time online...

Not sure what you mean about the 500$ so can't comment.

This is a beloved hobby for so many of us so tempers are bound to flare. Especially among those of us who remebers an other time. Models were not as good but WD was better Smile It'll be very interesting to see what GW does after all the codeices and army books are remade, will they release a new version yet again?

EDIT: You guys should definitely go for Inq28! The game is what you want it to be. And please show us what you create.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2013 - 21:13

Alex wrote:
Models were not as good

There a quite a few Folks that would beg to differ on that one...probably at the top of their lungs with a colorful phrase or two thrown in for good measure.

Alex wrote:
but WD was better Smile

Amen to that!

Now then on a serious note: whether you love G.W. or hate them is a matter of personal taste/judgement. So let's drop the subject before it degenerates into flaming &, as a Moderator, I have to lock the thread. Deaf Nala Smiley
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2013 - 21:17

Elves igen!

Well, the first time i heard about this 500.- dollar limit, i thought it meant that fantasy shops who run gw products MUST buy for five hundred bucks minimum per month or nothing.
So the last time i read an article aboutthis issue, i got that way that independent stores are allowed to buy 500.- max per month, even so i think that the latter is nonsens. Would go right into the opposite directions what gw wants:money!
So i think you can go with the first, wich means that there would be a lot of smaller shops that will go down for sure because of this politics.

And about the INQ28, i have some minis out there to get some paint on, old rogue ones, and as soon as iget my greasy fingers on´em, me and mommy will run some deathwatch games, mordheimisch 40k style, you should check out there forum. And of course i´ll show them.
Even though i started with the CITADEL! -hobby in the year 2002, i was only really cougth by the oldhammer minis, of course i firststarted with some plastic bretonnians, but the the first army were chaos oldies all together, ordered instore out of those old catalogues, wich isnt possible anymore now a days, sad again.

And of course they will release new ones, again and again.............

ELVES!

Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2013 - 21:19

Oh, sorry al, wrote this while you posted you´rs, allright, i´ll cut the crap, oops, i mean i will be nice for now on, and have i mentioned that i LOVE LOVE LOVE gw?!Wink

ELVES!

Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2013 - 21:35

Sorry Alan, didn't mean to offend anyone. I'll be nice. Oldhammer - newhammer, hate or love GW, as you said it's taste and almost all views are okay Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2013 - 21:40

That's okay, Ben; consider it a parting shot. What a Face

By the way, I've meant to mention that if you change the end of your signature to [/center] it would center the quote. clown

No problem, Alex. You Guys hadn't pushed it to the limit, but discussions about G.W., like religion & politics, tend to get heated quickly. We don't want to create any ongoing animosity over a difference of opinion on the subject.
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2013 - 21:54

ELVES!
@ Deafnala: Gracias al, havent thought about this CENTER problem, well, its done!
And about the discussion, well, you know how one becomes when his beloved hobby founder goes strange ways, and all those changes, well, lets settle down on this issue.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plastic High Elves for Mordheim   elves - Plastic High Elves for Mordheim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plastic High Elves for Mordheim
Page 1 of 1