Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Troll broods

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Troll broods Empty
PostSubject: Troll broods   Troll broods Icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013 - 10:39

During the weekend I came across an interesting warband idea once again while checking my experimental warband folder - Troll broods by Bri'n Cog'n. I definetly like the idea of a Troll warband, but the list seemed painfully incomplete and higly overpriced. So I wrote an initial set of revised rules as long my company was out of electricity on friday and reviewed them together with my gaming group, what led to a kind of beta version of the rules:

Click for trolling in Mordheim

Several changes were made to get Trolls playable, like better stupidity, reduced regeneration etc. Currently I like our version, but need some advice on its playability.

What do you think about the costs?
Are there any weird wordings?
Is the powerlevel too high/low?

As I see the warband, they have some advantage ingame and disadvantages after/between games, but should be fun to play. And if not, I change them until they are fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://sealedcity.blogspot.com/
HumanFly
Veteran
Veteran
HumanFly

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

Troll broods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troll broods   Troll broods Icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013 - 11:04

I can't help on balance issues,
but i noticed the descriptions of units are made of Latin phrases....
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

Troll broods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troll broods   Troll broods Icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013 - 11:11

That's no real latin, lorem ipsum is an often used dummy text. The models' descriptions are yet to come. Smile
Should have mentioned that.^^°
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

Troll broods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troll broods   Troll broods Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2014 - 23:55

Seems cool... I'd like to try it once you finish your work.

I wonder about advances... I think they should get half experience (like ogres) or have to pass a Ld test in order to get experience for the battle (trolls are dumb as rocks!).

What do you use to edit your documents... I'd like to do beautiful documents like this but I dont know how ???
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

Troll broods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troll broods   Troll broods Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan 2014 - 11:13

Goglutin wrote:
Seems cool...  I'd like to try it once you finish your work.

Thank you, but during the process of writing our new setting, we integrated the trolls, which finally led to a parallel warband list. The new list focusses on trolls that live in an sunken city full of mysteries and horrors. Besides some general balancing changes, the evolution system changed to a mutation system (with "Corrupted Characters" from MiM every evolution remains possible, as well as getting some more tentacles, crab-like claws and other toys).

Currently the new rules don't have a pretty document like the version above, but this will change soon. Smile

Quote :
I wonder about advances... I think they should get half experience (like ogres) or have to pass a Ld test in order to get experience for the battle (trolls are dumb as rocks!).

We already restricted the advances with the same "slow witted" rule as ogres have.

Quote :
What do you use to edit your documents... I'd like to do beautiful documents like this but I dont know how ???

I use Adobe InDesign for the documents, a fine tool indeed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Troll broods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troll broods   Troll broods Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014 - 15:43

Since this is one of those way odd warbands I can't really comment on the balance. I guess the best would be to check out the ogres and possibly the swamp monsters Werekin is toying with.

It doesn't make much sense when strictly following the background but who cares about that. It looks like fun. Let us know who it turns out.
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Paul1Beck
Warrior
Warrior
Paul1Beck

Personal Info

Troll broods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troll broods   Troll broods Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014 - 17:16

I guess my one question is that since they don't sell wyrdstone... are you expecting them not to purchase additional models after starting? Or do you believe the small amounts of gold accumulated from rolling doubles or triples will be enough for purchasing troops?
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

Troll broods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troll broods   Troll broods Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014 - 18:49

That's explained in the following sentences of 'Income' - the text goes on in the column on the right. Smile

Income: Trolls do not sell wyrdstone, but in fact they eat it! After they ate Wyrdstone, Trolls give off a very special smell, which in turn attracts other Trolls to the brood. This is how Trolls recruit new members. For gaming purposes that is represented by the normal income chart in the Mordheim rule book.
Back to top Go down
Paul1Beck
Warrior
Warrior
Paul1Beck

Personal Info

Troll broods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troll broods   Troll broods Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014 - 19:13

My bad! I was reading that along with the eating warpstone to get abilities and assumed they always ate it for those abilities...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Troll broods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troll broods   Troll broods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Troll broods
Page 1 of 1