Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mordheim From Ghent

Go down 
+5
Vissah
DeafNala
Novogord
Von Kurst
Captain Bernhardt
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

Mordheim From Ghent Empty
PostSubject: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012 - 20:32

Hello all, here are some pictures of our game today. Five players were present (Dark Elves, Skaven, Marienburgers, and two Witch hunter warbands)
We played a multiplayer battle following the rules from Chaos on the streets. We rolled off and got the street brawl scenario.

The Battle was a fun one wherein the two witch hunter warbands ganged up on the divided evil forces (yes Marienburgers are evil)
We rolled dice for choosing deployment zones and allready we should have seen the witchhunters scheme to surround us.
Mats' witchhunters rolled highest and immediatly occupied the Bell Tower overviewing the entire board. My skaven deployed on the oppisite site around the ruined city walls. Dark elves and marienburgers deployed along the long table edge between us and Pascal's Witch hunters tactically deployed last to pince our three forces between both witch hunter bands.

Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6210
Witch Hunter snipers occupy the tower at the far end of the board. The muscle of the gang defends the base of the tower.

Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6212
Initial deployment

From there on the game was pretty straight forward. Mats' Witch hunters advanced on the Dark elves, Pascals' witchhunters moved on my SKaven who had foolishly rushed forward and now were pinced between the marienburgers and Witch hunters. While the marienburgers divided their forces. one group advanced on the skaven and another on the dark elves who were now under pressure from a powerfull witch hunter force (mainly zealots and warhounds) from one side and the dashing marienburgers from the other. The dark Elves And the Witch hunters exchanged some shooting but in the end the witch hunter's crossbows proved superieur.

Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6220
First blood: the druchii beastmaster falls to the Witch elves' arrows

Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6233
Flaggelants and warhounds charging at the evil druchii

Meanwhile on the other side of the board my Skaven managed to take down the witch hunter captain with a lucky sling shot but they get overrun for their troubles. My Black Skaven with fighting claws goes berserk on the wardogs but gets butcherd by a combined charge from the remaining wardogs and two flaggelants.
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6234
Pascal trying to figure out if he can charge my verminkin. Unfortunatly, he could.

Meanwhile the remaining skaven and the marienburgers exchanged missile fire. After a few turns the marienburgers managed to slay some verminkin. Pinced between the witch hunters and marienburgers the skaven failed their rout test and fled.

Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6235
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6224
On the other side off the board the witch hunters descend on the dark elves.

Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6225
The Druchii take refuge in the ruins

Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6236
Meanwhile the marienburgers make hot dogs from the druchii's hounds

pinned in place by the witch hunters' arrows and with their support slain by the bold marienburgers (really, bold? I'm sure I meant despicble) The remaining druchii heroes decide the flee.

With both witch hunter warbands free to engage the Marienburgers they start to feel the pressure is to much and decide to flee as well. the witch hunter captains decide to call it a day and divide the spoils.

All in all it was a fun game in which the witch hunter literally dominated the ground: On the next pic you can see the blurry forms of one of the witch hunter snipers and his halfling companion overviewing the killing ground
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6237

Last edited by Captain Bernhardt on Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 20:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012 - 20:38

Thought I'd add some pics from our former meeting:
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6231

Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6229

Since we didn't have a river we played the middle gate instead Wink
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6232
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012 - 5:40

Great photos! Your table looks ace. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Novogord
Champion
Champion
Novogord

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012 - 9:18

Captain Bernhardt has very nice buildings and scenery, it is a joy to play on such a table. Very Happy

The description of my Marienburgers is very accurate, always think about the money and don't make any risky investments. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.warhammer-empire.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012 - 12:19

WONDERFUL PHOTOS! cheers Later in the day as the cobwebs clear I'll get to the words...hopefully. clown
Back to top Go down
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012 - 16:40

Looks like you guys had a great time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSat 17 Nov 2012 - 9:01

Yeah great fotos from a nice battle on a great table!
Fantastic
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2012 - 20:53

well, only a few pictures for this update, and most off them are blurry to boot but here goes:

Ragnar Rokr head still hurt from last night's ritual. The vast amounts of alcohol consumed took a heavy toll, even on a creature as powerfull as him. But it seems the ritual paid off. His shaman succesfully interpreted his drunken ramblings and decipherd the diviniations of Slaanesh. It seems a nearby area his rich pickings. Control of that area would mean a great advancement on his path to immortality. His head still hurting and his thoughts still hazy the beastman chieftain was glad to hear they almost reached their destination. When all of a sudden warcries sounded from across the street. Through his blood shod eyes he spied the human followers of that weak laughable manling god named Ulric. It seems Slaanesh still had some tests for him. Good, he thought, a good fight might get me over that hangover!

The game was played between Pascal's Middenheimers and my beastmen. The scenario occupy. the board was set up with a long street in which the three objective buildings are.

the Beastmen started the game by simply charging headlong towards the Middenheimers. A single ungor was sent to occupy the closest objective building, the ruined Church to Sigmar.
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6315

The middenheimers go about it less stubbornly. They quickly send their marksmen across the bridge to take up positions in the relative cover of the doorways. They send a barrage of arrows flying towards the beastmen but it is not enough to slow their advance
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6316

meanwhile the beastmen shaman uses wings of darkness to occupy the second objective building, blocking the doorway to keep the middenheimers from claiming the objective.
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6317

the middenheimers keep on raining arrows on the beastmen but to no advance. The remaining warriors take cover behind an abandoned cart. The beastmen however are not in the least impressed and charge headlong into the group, charging up, over and around the cart
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6318

What ensues is a massive melee between both bands. the beastmen get (literally) hammerd, losing 4 out of 5 heroes and several henchmen, including the chieftain, they wisely chose to flee the field
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6319
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2012 - 22:02

The fuzzy photos may be the way the Alpha Beast Guy was viewing things. The War Bands involve look like they are nicely painted up even when seen through the haze. WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Novogord
Champion
Champion
Novogord

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSat 1 Dec 2012 - 17:53

A shame I wasn't there, but next time my Marienburgers will be back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.warhammer-empire.com
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012 - 19:46

We had another great game today. Mat's undead vs Novogord's Marienburgers vs my Ostlanders. Scenario Treasure hunt: 5 wyrdstone counters were divided over the board. Whomever won the game could keep all the wyrdstone he had collected so far.

Warning, this will not so much be a full report, merely an excuse to show some pictures:
The Marienburgers deployed on the West side of the board, Ostlanders to the south, undead to the east.

The Opening Turns:
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6310
The Marienburgers deployed strongly around a good vantage point for their marksmen who terrorrised the other warbands for most of the game, thank the dice gods that Novogord's rolls are notoriously bad :p The rest of the warband got scared at the sight of the Ostlander's Ogre and advanced on the undead north flank.
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6311
The marienburger captain takes up a shooting position behind a window in case the Ogre comes his way, unfortunatly for him Novogord forgot all about him for a couple of turns effectily knocking his captain out of the game.

the undead quickly send two dregs after the wyrdstone on their table side, who took it and quickly retreated back behind their lines. the undead heroes all took cover behind the ruins, whilst sending a sceen of zombies towards the enemy warbands in an attempt to slow down their advance

The Ostlanders deployed around the Sacred temple of their god, sending one kinsman off the claim one of the uncontested wyrdstone in the southwest corner. the rest of the band slowly left the saftey of their temple advancing behind the broad back and relative saftey of their Ogre. Meanwhile one Marksmen gets a very lucky shot through, hitting and wounding one zombie, ricocheting to the next one, which ricochets the another, which recichets again to wound the fourth zombie. Unfortunatly all zombies survive, they are only kocked down. No doubt the clumsy zombies just dragged each other down in response to the arrow fire.
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6312

wyrdstone count: Marienburgers 0, Ostlanders 2, Undead 2

The Marienburger engaged the Undead's right flank quickly dispatching the ravening dire wolf that was sent to slow their advance.
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6410
Meanwhile they sent one off their number up the tower to claim the last counterMordheim From Ghent Dscn6313

on their left flank the undead's zombies recover and prepare to take the Ostlander's charge
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6314
when iit becomes clear the ostlanders are racing straight up the stairs to engage them the zombies spread out to get the maximum delay Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6411

meanwhile, surrounded by Ostlanders and marienburgers the cowardly vampire hides in one off the ruines, hoping his minions hold on long enough.
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6412

but alas, both living warbads tear through the zombies. My blood brother alone dispatching two zombies, my Ogre the other two. On their other side the marienburgers dispatch the last zombies opposing them. The undead fail their first rout test and flee, abandoning their wyrdstone for the ostlanders and marienburgers to fight over. Both warbands converge on the building where the undead dropped their treasure. But when my Ogre barges into the main room and starts cracking some heads, while the rest of my band holds the staircase and thereby the route to the other treasures the Marienburgers realise that they are in a precarious position and decide to flee.
Mordheim From Ghent Dscn6413

My osltanders are victorious with three wyrdstone counters (nearly four) and not a single casualty, hooray!

ps: sorry for all the typo's and other errors
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012 - 20:06

Any reason to put up some OH-SO-COOL photos is a good one. While it may not be a major literary work, the Battle Report is quite good & entertain & the photos fill in any gapes. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup

AND CONGRATULATIONS ON A GLORIOUS VICTORY, Capt. B.! cheers
Back to top Go down
Da Great MC
Champion
Champion
Da Great MC

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 0:13

It was a great game indeed.

I knew I was in trouble the moment both human warbands decided to leave each other be and ganged up on my poor Undead warband (which will have some paint on it by next time).
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 1:22

Nice reports, you have some great looking terrain and warbands.

We play Treasure Hunt differently. Warbands that rout get to keep any wyrdstone in their possession. It makes losing a bit less grim.
Back to top Go down
Da Great MC
Champion
Champion
Da Great MC

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012 - 9:51

Von Kurst wrote:

We play Treasure Hunt differently. Warbands that rout get to keep any wyrdstone in their possession. It makes losing a bit less grim.

Oooh, we should have played it like that!!
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012 - 13:01

Da Great MC wrote:
Von Kurst wrote:

Oooh, we should have played it like that!!

yeah you would have liked that wouldn't you :p
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeThu 8 Aug 2013 - 13:07

Ha! I don't usually check this section of the forum (mainly, because I'm not into gaming that much). Boy, the things I've been missing out on!! I've realised that this is where all the painting and building efforts come to life!
There's so much detail on the board that I can easily look at these pictures several times and still find new things.
Well done, Captain Bernhardt!

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeThu 8 Aug 2013 - 21:04

Thanks Joao! it's aprreciated. Looking at other people's battle reports can be hugely inspirational since you get to see their minis and terrain from different angles. That said I haven't been able to do as much Mordheim as I liked to (mainly due to work for university and a warhammer campaign). Looking at these pics again even makes me ashamed I still haven't finished a lot of projects I started many months or years ago :s Anyway I hope I get to go back to exploring the city of the damned this autumn and get some more stuff finished. Hopefully I'll get some pics to show off Pascal's excellent Mordheim board as well!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeFri 9 Aug 2013 - 4:51

JaoS wrote:
Boy, the things I've been missing out on!!
I've been trying to tell you that for years...Very Happy 

Quote :
Hopefully I'll get some pics to show off Pascal's excellent Mordheim board as well!
Looking forward to that!thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Da Great MC
Champion
Champion
Da Great MC

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug 2013 - 22:14

Since we're playing on Pascal's board next Friday, I might take some pictures and post them here Cool Cool 
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeTue 13 Aug 2013 - 22:27

Da Great MC wrote:
Since we're playing on Pascal's board next Friday, I might take some pictures and post them here Cool Cool 
OH BABY!...I guess that about sums it up. clown 
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013 - 15:17

I'm still waiting for those pictures, Mats Mordheim From Ghent Engel
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Warrior
Warrior
El_Jairo

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeSun 25 Aug 2013 - 15:54

Very nice scenery and painter models.

It's nice to know people are playing this game in Ghent. At the moment we are having a little revival of Mordheim in Leuven.

Would it be a good idea to have a mutual event?
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeMon 26 Aug 2013 - 18:35

Sure, I would be up for it. I'm guessing the others would too.
Perhaps we could do a forum meeting with everyone who'd like to come?
Back to top Go down
Da Great MC
Champion
Champion
Da Great MC

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitimeThu 29 Aug 2013 - 13:26

Ok, here we go Cool 

Place where it all happened: Pascal The Rascall's gaming Paradise. Below are a lot of views from different angles.

Mordheim From Ghent Pascal%20(1)

Mordheim From Ghent Pascal%20(2)

Mordheim From Ghent Pascal%20(3)

Mordheim From Ghent Pascal%20(4)

Mordheim From Ghent Pascal%20(5)

Pascal's Witch Hunters, the most experienced warband on the table (by far!) crossing a bridge to take up sniping positions in a house.

Mordheim From Ghent Pascal%20(6)

Da Great MC's Undead henchmen, shuffling forward to confront the Witch Hunters' wardogs. Their only chance being to attack the weakest part of the Witch Hunters and force a rout test.

Mordheim From Ghent Pascal%20(7)

Novogord's newly arrived Brettonians, hesitating to leave the safety of their hiding place.

Edit: this picture doesn't show. I have tried uploading it again. I am very sorry Stefaan. It's the only picture I have from your warband Crying or Very sad 

The Undead, spreading out a little. Preparing to launch an attack.

Mordheim From Ghent Pascal%20(9)

Pascal's wardogs, backed up by a Warrior Priest, bracing themselves for the incoming charge. Meanwhile a lucky Arrow has taken out my only Dire Wolf.

Mordheim From Ghent Pascal%20(10)

While the wardogs hope to hold the centre alley, a group of Flaggelants make a flanking move.

Mordheim From Ghent Pascal%20(11)

At this point I decided to use my camera's flash. Picture quality went downhill from there. Here you can see my heroes hiding from the rain of crossbow bolts...

Mordheim From Ghent Pascal%20(12)

... crossbow bolts coming from these bad boys.

Mordheim From Ghent Pascal%20(13)

To finish the battle report. I killed three of the wardogs, not enough to make the Witch Hunters rout. I misremembered the raising spell (I thought my Necromancer had to be within 6" which is not the case) and failed my first rout test.

With the attention of the Witch Hunters turning towards the Bretonnians, Novogord quickly routed, taking home a lot of extra experience (underdog bonus).

Witch Hunters are victorious! Congratz Pascal!

Thank you for watching.

- Da Great MC -
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim From Ghent   Mordheim From Ghent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mordheim From Ghent
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next