Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Middenheimers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Middenheimers Empty
PostSubject: Middenheimers   Middenheimers Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012 - 15:18

This is the first time that I made a little blog about me building something for the game. I want to keep you guys up to date on the building of my new Middenheim warband.

I really like the Middenheim fluff cause they are not the standard follow Sigmar guys but they are a bit of the 'underdogs' wich I always find nice to play. I'm a big Chaos fan but the Possessed are just not doing it for me. The Black Orcs that I play are not official so I decided to make another official warband next to my Dwarfs, wich I'm going to lose to my girlfriend cause she likes the Dwarfs and she is learning to play the game.

Anyway enough rambling it's time for the warband. Lucky me I got all these bits for free from two of my mates so this warband is gonna be pretty nice Very Happy

I want to give them a certain feel. My Captain and Champions are all warriors of the white wolf who are formers knights and are send by the Count to Mordheim to find the precious stones. Ofcourse they all use hammers and they are getting cloaks and all that other stuff that makes them look more brutal of course.

The middle one is gonna be the Captain the others are Champions.
Middenheimers Wp000241z

I also made two Henchmen.

The swordmen got a more fancy look to him then the Heroes cause he is a former Sword of Ulric member and he is really proud of it. When he got asked to accompany the Heroes to Mordheim he immediately said yes but instead of getting his swords he went straight for his former uniform and he wears it with pride Very Happy

The other guy is just a standard Archer that was recruited from the Drakwald forrest on the way to Mordheim.
Middenheimers Wp000242t

This is gonna be a slower project then I normal have cause I want to give all the models a reall individual look. I also will write some fluff that will be posted on this forum when they are done ofcourse. Also when they are done they are going straight into a new campaign my mate is starting up Very Happy

Hope you guys enjoy this and tips for making them look more individual or some tips on certain bits to use are always welcome Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Middenheimers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middenheimers   Middenheimers Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012 - 19:49

The captain and champions looks a little bit too similar in my opinion, they all have the same pose. The mercenary sprues are wonderful and can be used for all kind of fantastic work. I rarely put much stuff on my models, it makes them harder to paint Razz but some knapsacks and small bits and pieces really helps bringing out some personality.

If you are using middenheimers I recommend you check out the Miracle Workers article on the Liber Malefic, it features a Wolf Priest of Ulric that propably would fit right in given your warbands history!
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Personal Info

Middenheimers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middenheimers   Middenheimers Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012 - 20:00

Thanx i know they look a bit to much the same but they are not done yet. I still need to find some nice packs and other stuff to make them more individual. This is just to show what im working on :-D

I wanted the captain to be the sword guy but more barbarian guys look nicer as champions. I change an arm or add a shield or something to make the poses look less similer.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Middenheimers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middenheimers   Middenheimers Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012 - 20:13

The Lads are LOOKIN' GOOD. The similarities in the Captain & Champions isn't all that great & painting will bring out the differences while their positioning will tie them together. Keep up the GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
LuisMars
Youngblood
Youngblood
LuisMars

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

Middenheimers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middenheimers   Middenheimers Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012 - 21:00

What everybody said. The Captain will look great with a cloak. Also, Middenheimers seems like semi-viking badass people to me so I don't like the dude with the hat.

I can't wait to see them painted!
Back to top Go down
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Personal Info

Middenheimers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middenheimers   Middenheimers Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012 - 22:12

Thanx for the kind words. They are getting cloaks ofcourse :-D the guy with the had is an former sword of ulric, I know they are barbaric but not all of them are like that. I want to create a warband of individuals that are takimg the journey togheter. For example one youngblood is gonna be an woodsmen from drakwald forrest that wants to earn money faster then chopping wood :-D

I think with paint they will look a lot better :-D but first i need to finish my 2000 points warriorsofchaos army for a tournament on november fourth.
Back to top Go down
Ed
Captain
Captain
Ed

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

Middenheimers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middenheimers   Middenheimers Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2012 - 11:07

Hey Vissah,

I'm looking forward to seeing this warband develop.

I reckon the Heros will look wicked with cloaks. I find the generic plastic cloaks a bit artificial looking and recently made one out of a green stuff press mold. This worked really well because I put it on the mini half set and it conformed to the shape really naturally. Might be worth a try (wastes a lot of greenstuff though).

Back to top Go down
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Personal Info

Middenheimers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middenheimers   Middenheimers Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2012 - 12:10

Thanx Ed I will take a look at sculpting Very Happy
Never did sculpting but there always has to be a first time.

The warband will progress slower then normal cause I'm also building my Warriors of Chaos that you can see all the way down in the Fantasy section of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Middenheimers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middenheimers   Middenheimers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Middenheimers
Page 1 of 1