Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Empty
PostSubject: Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?   Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 12:57

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any alternative Tomb King warbands floating out there on the web, as I don't really like the look of the old Tomb Guardians one. Having looked through it, it seems a bit restrictive even for play in the Khemri setting.

Has anyone made an alternative or are there any minor tweaks to this warband that would provide me an excuse to buy me some Tomb king models? Elf

No-Beard
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?   Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 17:12

Yeah absolutely.

The Town Cryer Khemri warbands are too weak in comparison to all other warbands.

The warbands of the original setting are more balanced.

You can find them here:

http://grafixgibs.tripod.com/Khemri/

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?   Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 8:40

Thanks, although the khemrian undead seems similar to the one in TC. I'll have a look at the lahmians though.

Just a thought, are there fan-made warbands floating out there that need play-testing?
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?   Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 22:36

I cobbled together a revised Tomb Guardians list, there's a thread here somewhere or it should be available from the link in my sig. Feel free to cannibalise for your own needs if anything in it catches your imagination.
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?   Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 22:45

The warband is in some points similar but is stronger in especially two points.

1. Instead of acolytes you have mummy warriors ( stronger heroes) and

2. you can hire a stone golem ( slow but really tough)

The Lahmian list is also nice.

I personally like the Arabian nomads list very much
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?   Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Icon_minitimeFri 18 May 2012 - 19:35

The acolytes made no sense whatsoever, my rewrite was simply to present an actual khemrian warband, far from perfect but then I'm not the biggest rules lawyer - its all about flavour for me and, in my admittedly biased opinion, the rewrite has that going for it over the flawed original.

In the thread on here where I shared it the tweaks people suggested were factored in and no concerns were voiced over the shift from acolytes or the inclusion of the ushabti.
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?   Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012 - 9:29

@5pointer: so you did something similar like the original Khemri list had.

Without reviewing the details your variation sounds fine to me too.

I think the Khemri setting has a lot of potential. Because of this i really like it and started to build up some scenery, to use it for desert battles
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?   Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012 - 11:08

I actually like 5poitner's list, it looks relatively fluffy. farao

Might do a bit of alterations and play-test the warband, but it looks pretty good to being with~
Now for those tomb kings >.>

@5pointer: I never really understood the point of acolytes in the khemrian warband either. How would they gain promotion through the undead ranks? Razz
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?   Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2012 - 4:56

The TC Tomb Guardian warband and the Tomb Raider warband are both awfully written and really hard to play. To compound the error the warbands don't particularly follow any background or fluff so there isn't much motivation to play them.

Khemri warbands--The original Tomb Guardians were much better as are the Nomads. The Wizard Warband or whatever its called is awful. I like the Lamia warband but it has too many choices for heroes and henchmen compared with an 'official warband'. The more I scrutinize the Khemri setting the less complete it appears.

I like 5 pointer's version as well.
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?   Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2012 - 22:42

Thanks guys Smile

And No-beard, if you do try it out and think anything needs tweaking let me know so I can look at making any changes that are needed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?   Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012 - 10:54

@ 5pointer: I'll give it a go hopefully over the holidays once I find some time and if I can convert a sibling to play >.> although I must say your list looks pretty balanced on paper.

Cheers farao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?   Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternate Tomb king/Khemri warbands?
Page 1 of 1