Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Yesterday
Champion
Champion
Captain Yesterday

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Ostlanders - Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ... Empty
PostSubject: Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ...   Ostlanders - Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ... Icon_minitimeSat 5 May 2012 - 13:34

Title says it all for the most part ... but first, let me tell y'all how happy I am at the time being ! My wife, son and I finally managed to move back into civilized parts of this world a year ago, and I recently found the time to launch a campaign of Mordheim, featuring a friend of mine, four other local (WHFB) players and myself.

So, this is about the Ostlanders double barrelled guns, a question that arose when new players were browsing the various (official) warbands.
In the equipment lists, the entry for the double-barrel option only shows up under the 'Jaeger' section, but not specifically in the 'Ostlander' section ... now, am I reading this right, that Ostlander heroes actually can't start the game with double barrelled toys at all ? (And only 'Jaeger' henchmen are allowed to ?) Has this been clarified or errata'd at some point ?

And help would be great !

Back to top Go down
Aureus
Veteran
Veteran
Aureus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ...   Ostlanders - Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ... Icon_minitimeSat 5 May 2012 - 14:52

It's true, only Jaegers can start off with double barreled weapons. Just like mercenary marksmen can be equipped with blunderbusses, while mercenary heroes can't.
Back to top Go down
Dribble Joy
Veteran
Veteran
Dribble Joy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ...   Ostlanders - Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ... Icon_minitimeSat 5 May 2012 - 14:57

Yup, there's numerous cases (probably most warbands in fact) where henchmen have access to equipment that the heroes do not.
Back to top Go down
Captain Yesterday
Champion
Champion
Captain Yesterday

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ...   Ostlanders - Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ... Icon_minitimeSat 5 May 2012 - 15:11

Thanks guys !

Just as I thought then .... which leads us directly to the next question ... if a hero would like to use a double barrell gun laters on, would he be able to do so, or would he need to get the 'Weapons Expert' skill first, 'cause the gun isn't in his sub-section of the list of starting gear ?
(Of course taking into consideration that only an Elder would be able to quire 'shooting' skills from the beginning, since Blood Brothers obviously can't and the next possible hero in line would be an 'talented' henchman-gone-hero.)

Back to top Go down
Dribble Joy
Veteran
Veteran
Dribble Joy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ...   Ostlanders - Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ... Icon_minitimeSat 5 May 2012 - 16:03

Captain Yesterday wrote:
Thanks guys !

Just as I thought then .... which leads us directly to the next question ... if a hero would like to use a double barrell gun laters on, would he be able to do so, or would he need to get the 'Weapons Expert' skill first, 'cause the gun isn't in his sub-section of the list of starting gear ?
(Of course taking into consideration that only an Elder would be able to quire 'shooting' skills from the beginning, since Blood Brothers obviously can't and the next possible hero in line would be an 'talented' henchman-gone-hero.)
You cannot use an item that is not on your starting equipment list, only those with Weapons Expert may use other items.
Those heroes that cannot take said skill cannot use anything else.

So, only your Elder and promoted henchmen with shooting skills can take them in your case. The others will never be able to. Part of the price you pay for other benefits.
Back to top Go down
Captain Yesterday
Champion
Champion
Captain Yesterday

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ...   Ostlanders - Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ... Icon_minitimeSat 5 May 2012 - 16:10

Again, just as I figured, but having clarification always comes in handy, thanks again Dribble Joy !

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ...   Ostlanders - Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ostlanders: Availability of double barrelled guns ...
Page 1 of 1