Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Alex's gallery

Go down 
+11
JoaoS
BigD
virtualonmars
folketsfiende
SerialMoM
Captain Wolfgang
Citizen Sade
DeafNala
Spectre76
Von Kurst
Alex
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:16

Hi,
I'll be uploading my painted minis here, probably slowly Smile

Here are some savage orcs I have painted to inspire Balrog to keep up with the Southlands setting work Very Happy plus I really like the plastic savage orcs.

first up a boy

[img]Alex's gallery  Edgar_10[/img]

an other boy

Alex's gallery  Edgar_11

a third boy

Alex's gallery  Edgar_12

a big one, he help keeping the gobbos in line
Alex's gallery  Edgar_13

an other big one, with bow because he is some kind of tribe hunter boss

Alex's gallery  Edgar_14

the boss

Alex's gallery  Edgar_15

and a group shot of the as yet quite small tribe

Alex's gallery  Edgar_16

So what do you guys think? Do you have any useful tips on how I can improve my painting?

Last edited by Alex on Mon 11 Feb 2013 - 19:14; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012 - 3:06

Oh I like these guys! No tips on your painting from me, but keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012 - 8:25

Personally, I think your painting is top notch! Don't know how long it took you to get them done, but the quality definitely shows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012 - 15:01

That's three of us then; the Wild Boys look TERRIFIC just as they are. I particularly like the way you did the bones & teeth. If I were to nit pick, you might go for a bit more highlighting on the stone clubs, but that would be about all.
I'm not really familiar with the newer Savage Orcs...this is a fine introduction. The minis & your brushwork/basing are WONDERFUL. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012 - 19:48

Thank you all for the nice comments! The plastic sprue is really fun with enough different options to get a mordheim (southlands) warband going. I also bought the arachnarok spider to get the forest goblins and the spider will be useful as a random monster.

If you were wondering on the warpaint I decided on hawk torquise and lich purple beacuse I'm paiting up a warband of Estalians in those colors. So basically this tribe was minding their own business and banging rocks when a bunch of conquistadors happened to land and attack their totems. The orc tribe was so amazed by the estalians that they copied their colors into the warpaint to steal their powers Smile

@Spectre
the models are really easy to paint so it took me a few hours per model, counting pauses to babysit

@Defnala
I haven't highlighted before so I was trying not to over do it on the stone clubs. I'll try to get an ever finer layer on to the next ones I paint.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012 - 19:55

Here is a rat ogre I painted up just go get to try something different. The model is really nice but also very clumsy, but what can I say, I love the original mordheim minis.

Alex's gallery  Edgar_17

Alex's gallery  Edgar_18

Alex's gallery  Edgar_19
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2012 - 18:06

It has been so long since people used that Rat Ogre in warbands that I had forgotten what it looked like and this week sees 2 posts (virtualonmars) that feature it. Great!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012 - 17:05

I see why people dont use it since it is a rather clumsy model but the pose is so great Smile

I checked out virtualonmars rat ogre and it is really great looking
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012 - 17:52

Actually I think the ungainliness of the piece is part of its charm/attraction. NICELY DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012 - 18:44

DeafNala wrote:
I particularly like the way you did the bones & teeth.
Me too! Would you share the recipe with us?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012 - 19:22

Citizen Sade wrote:
DeafNala wrote:
I particularly like the way you did the bones & teeth.
Me too! Would you share the recipe with us?

of course Very Happy

I sprayed the model white, I really don't like using black. We who are almost blind need to see the details Very Happy, then I used bleached bone followed but a rough layer (not too detailed) of gryphon sephia. After it had dried I applied a light layer of devlan mud, somebody recommended that colour and it seem useful. To get the bad teeth look I added just a little bit of badab black at the rooth of the teeth to implied bad hygiene Smile The bones were done the same way.

I didn't mix the colours or anything like that. Just straight out of the pot and on to the model, I'm hoping to have some more painted up so I can play with my brother next week.

If I remeber correctly this is the formula, I was watching my 7 week old son while painting so I was a bit distracted Smile
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012 - 19:47

Devlan Mud and Gryphonne Sepia are my favorite washes. They both provide great detail with little effort, which is great when you have a big unit of Marauders or Clanrats to paint! Very nicely done!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012 - 19:54

thank you Spectre!

I didint even know about washes until a few months ago Embarassed and now they are all gone and changed Sad
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012 - 21:45

Thankfully, I have a small stockpile so, I'll give your recipe - which is easy yet looks good - a go. Thanks for sharing it.
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 8:22

Alex wrote:
I didint even know about washes until a few months ago Embarassed and now they are all gone and changed Sad

I'm pretty sure they just changed the names on a lot of their stuff. I'm gonna look further into this, but if not, then my LGS still has some left over and I'm gonna stock up!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:17

Yeah it is just the names that have changed and they have provided a "translator" so you know the new colors
Back to top Go down
Captain Wolfgang
Youngblood
Youngblood
Captain Wolfgang

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:26

Last edited by Captain Wolfgang on Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:30

hmm can't open the link but I'm guessing it is the same one that came with last issue of WD
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:38

The Nurgle champion, it was a really fun model to paint even though his shoulder horns are really sharp Smile be careful kids Wink

Alex's gallery  Vinter23

I don't know if I'll paint up a gang for him or if I'll just use him as a npc to spicy things up now and then
Back to top Go down
Captain Wolfgang
Youngblood
Youngblood
Captain Wolfgang

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:41

Alex wrote:
hmm can't open the link but I'm guessing it is the same one that came with last issue of WD

Dunno I don't get WD anymore. Looks like it is though. Edited my first post with a link to the page the pdf is on.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:42

and the Dark Elf noble for my brothers dark elfs. It looks like his spear tip was out of the frame... well it is a standard dark elf spear he is holding

Alex's gallery  Vinter19

on a side note regarding dark elfs, I never found them to be overpowered. They can be annoying but then again so are dwarfs and goblins as well.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:49

Captain Wolfgang wrote:
Alex wrote:

Dunno I don't get WD anymore. Looks like it is though. Edited my first post with a link to the page the pdf is on.

yeah that is the one. I bought WD thinking it couldn't have changed that much in like 5 -7 years. Boy was I wrong Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 17:05

The New Lads look VERY COOL. I like the fact that you didn't over do the gore aspect of the Nurgle Guy. WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 20:10

Thank you Deaf! My Nurgle is a bit more subtle Wink like a spring flu, but still a big bloated flu
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012 - 0:39

I'm back again with some more models. Unlike the savage orcs that I painted mostly for fun the Survivors of Strigoi are intended for gameplay and have a simpler paint scheme so that I can easily add staff to them as they progress.

Sigmarii câţi nu dorm, cu spaimă cheamă

Pe maica lui Sigmus şi-aprind grăbit

Tămâie şi usturoi pe-un vas de aramă

Ea singură-n căscioară, biata mamă
Stă chip înmărmurit

Vardek sat in the empty common room and stared down into his glass of wine. The inn, called the Hermit's Rest, that he and his wife, Ushoran keep her soul, had bought and worked so hard to keep was empty and on its door, painted in black, was the sign of the hammer.

Everything had gone wrong after that foolish peddler, Johannes Stirbenmack, had insulted Marisha and her sacred bones. If only he had left her alone. Vardek knew he should have stopped the old crone, but even he couldn't have imagined Marisha would unleash Grandfather and the Children.

Why had she done it? The horrors of the past had been kept sleeping for so long, only the occasional sacrifice had been needed. Why start it all over again?

Vardek knew it was foolish to question Grandfather's ways but why had the thing not killed all the guards? A pair of the guards had been allowed to flee Verrückendorf and now the witch hunters and the vampire slayers were coming for them, drawn like flies to a fresh wound.

Vardek sighted and downed his wine. It was time to leave the Hermit's Rest and the lonely village he had called home since childhood. It was time to send out word for the family to gather. They must leave now for the next witch hunter would not be as easily killed. The family must flee eastward, away from the Empire and her terrible fury.

Alex's gallery  Edgar_20

Vardek Ztrigya, innkeeper and magician turned bandit and merchant. His wife slain by Witch Hunters and his home burned he turns his steps east. Rumor on the road tells of a land far to the east where a man can make his fortune. In his bones Vardek feels a longing to go east and southward, towards the Badlands, but he knows the family needs money to begin anew. So for now they travel towards the rising sun.

Alex's gallery  Inq28_31

Deatheater, Ghoullord, Godthing, Vampire. The atavistic beast that lies like a poisonous cancer at the heart of the Ztrigay family has many names. Once it was perhaps a lord of the living dead, a being who ruled the world in majesty. But now it is reduced to skulking in the dark to sleep for decades chained into a coffin by it's own descendants. It has slept beneath Verrückendorf for nigh on forty years, and during that time the family has tried to forget who they really are.

But Grandfather is free now, oh yes free and full of fury. Now the weak things that are it's children will learn what a true god is. The world will fear the lords of Strigoi again.

Alex's gallery  Inq28_32

Alex's gallery  Inq28_33

Alex's gallery  Inq28_34

Rodek Ztrigany, a singer that willingly embraced the dark. He became a murderer and a molester. Once loved by the villagers for his sunny disposition and beautiful voice no door will open for him now.

To Rodek nothing is more pleasurable than to break and destroy that which is beautiful in the world.

Even as he plays his twisted games on a lonely farmstead Rodek can feel his family calling. He knows they are leaving and that he must join them but perhaps he can delay just for an hour? The farmer and his sons are dead and the fun has just begun.

Alex's gallery  Inq28_35

Alex's gallery  Inq28_36

The forest is a dark place and many beasts roam its depth. Arkady Ztrigay's duty is to make sure the beasts do not go unopposed. When the beasts gather to feed on manflesh Arkady is the spear that will drive them away. For many years he has been the champion of Verrückendorf but now his duty is over. The family is leaving and he will join them for it is clear to see that he carries the tainted blood of the Children.

Alex's gallery  Inq28_37

Zlaitev Ztrigany has together with his brother, Piotr Ztrigany, worked in Wurzen for the den Euwe merchant house. While Piotr has prospered and learned the way of trading and haggling Zlaitev has been schooled in the use of the blade. And he has put it to good use in recent years.

A duel with a Tilean cost him an eye and drunken brawl smashed his nose. But with the scars comes experience and knowledge. Zlaitev has risen to the rank of sergeant when he receive news from home. Leaving behind him his uniform and an unpaid bar tab he disappears into the night abandoning a whole life.

Alex's gallery  Inq28_38

Alex's gallery  Inq28_39

The Children are the blessed spawn of Grandfather. Those who will always come when he calls. The rat eaters, the graveyard vermin, ghouls. In the dark tunnels and crypts beneath Verrückdorf they have patiently waited to hear the calling again. A few times a year they have been allowed out into the wild to breed with their human keepers and to steal babies away from sleeping mothers.

They rejoice now for their god is among them. And they know that soon their human kin will be free and wild and beyond good and evil, with laws and morals thrown aside and all of them shouting and killing and reveling in joy.

Alex's gallery  Edgar_30

Alex's gallery  Edgar_31

Last edited by Alex on Mon 11 Feb 2013 - 20:06; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : new pictures)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alex's gallery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's gallery    Alex's gallery  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alex's gallery
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next