Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Possessed warband build

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Possessed warband build Empty
PostSubject: Possessed warband build   Possessed warband build Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012 - 10:46

So...
While im still building my beastmen warband, ive gotten the idea to use some of the spare gors for a possessed warband. As i have gotten a taste for greenstuff and large amounts of modding, it seems like the right path Smile

My question is, what models would i need? I wont worriy about mutations and equipment yet, as i need to finish the beastmen raiders and i need to learn how my group will houserule the mutations. But what models should i plan for?

Obviously 2 possessed, 2 mutants and a magister. Seems wize to make 3 gors aswell, and make one of them look "heroic". Thats 8 models so far. That leaves 7 slots for breathren and darksouls and that raises the questions.

Are darksouls worth it? str 4 and no fear sounds nice, but ws 2 doesnt. Breathren i know from my Carnival of Chaos warband and i kinda like those regular troop types. However 7 breathren seems over the top.
How would you divide it?

6 breathren, 1 darksoul?
5 breathren, 2 darksouls?
4 breathren, 3 darksouls?
3 breathren, 4 darksouls?
2 breathren, 5 darksouls?
1 breathren, 5 darksouls?

I have a hard time figuring the pros and cons for either choice, and the only possessed warband i ever fought diddnt use darsouls at all and never really got around to hire more then one or two breathren before it was crushed and the player went dwarf.

Thanks for your help Very Happy

Back to top Go down
brokenv
Knight
Knight
brokenv

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Possessed warband build   Possessed warband build Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012 - 13:08

Is anyone playing undead? Dark souls are great at breaking undead advantages. The hard aprt of possessed is that everything other than bretheren are more fun, but expensive. I'd try to run at least as maany bretheren as you want to be sacrificed for rout tests. No more than 4 maybe. WS 2 is bad, but getting a WS increase is easy. Also, dark souls get flails while bretheren get spears. If you end up with 4 spearing, charge-breaking bretheren and 3 flailing Strength 6 crazed darksouls, you're doing good.
Back to top Go down
http://mordheimact.tabletopgeeks.com/
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Possessed warband build   Possessed warband build Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012 - 15:24

Brothren are your only fire support in the warband (other then a mutant with a bow but that's a waist of a mutation!). So you will want a few at the least.
Also early on you will need some fodder if things start to go bad to volunteer rout.
Darksouls I hear a lot of people say are not worth it as the immune to fear early on is nice but latter on it's an easy thing to over come. To me a strength 4 starting henchmen isn't a bad thing. the immune to fear also isn't bad considering it is a henchmen. I would not one to get LGT but as a heavy hitter they have there merit.

as for the mix, I would shoot for 5 Brothren and 2 Dark Souls so you can get a good mix of combat from the Brothren (bows and some with spears) and get a couple heavy hitters.
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Possessed warband build   Possessed warband build Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012 - 17:36

Hm i just forgot that the Darksouls have S4. This is extremly nice. With hammer, dagger, their price is ok.

The biggest downside of them is that beastmen are so much better for just 10 gc more. 2W and T4 is huge to absorb damage.

Brethren are the needed cannon fodder. Use them with mace dagger or shortbow mace dagger to absorb damage and to have a little fire support. But don't buy the expensive 10 gc shortbow at the beginning. Buy them for 5 gc after the first batle.

I would favor a 5:2 or 4:3 bias for the Brethren. This also depends on the quality of your advance rolls.
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Possessed warband build   Possessed warband build Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012 - 19:00

Thanks a lot guys! Smile
I think ill go with 5 brethren, 2 darksouls. There is an undead player in the group, but the possessed and the 2 darksouls will have to handle the fear thing. I like the fire support/arrowfodder idear of the brethren and it seems to me that the warband will have plenty of hard hitters Smile so the brethren will also insure that the gameplay will differ from my beastmen warband.

Again, thanks for the feedback Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possessed warband build   Possessed warband build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possessed warband build
Page 1 of 1