Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bolerus
Warrior
Warrior
bolerus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned:

Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode. Empty
PostSubject: Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.   Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode. Icon_minitimeThu 7 Aug 2008 - 23:23

Fresh from victory over the combined forces of men and dwarf, Lady Bs gang of Skaven relaxed in the ruins of what had once been the Broken Barrell Taven

Ironic now, considering the state of the whole city.

Lady B, stood in the window of the former great room sipping brandy from a dwarvem helm taken from one of the fallen.

She stopped, was that a glint of reflection, near the river. She watched, her assasins eyes searching for anything. Again, movement, a glint of sun reflecting from metal. A sly smile spread over ratty lips... Dwarves.... another band of the stunty fat miners, unable even to climb the simplest of walls.

A whistle filled the taven ruins, a whistle that demanded the attention of the 15 rat kin and even the single giant rat sat in the corner gnawing on the spine of a once proud man archer. All heads turned, all ears stood erect waiting for the command.

Lady B waited till her entrance would have the greatest impact before jumping through a holein the floorboards, to stand, proud, in the middle of her troops.

"Dwarves" she grunted.

As one the Skaven band charged into the street of Mordheim, taking position behind a low wall, awaiting the arrival of the enemy.

On they came, a mere 5 dwarves, kicking rocks and liting unhinged doors, no doubt looking for precious warp shards.

Lady B screamed the war cry and the skaven launched the attack. Running at the small band of dwarves, their smallest member, a lone and lowly giant rat was the only one to spot the other 3, tougher looking, dwarves closing from the other flank. Disaster perhaps averted, the rat charged at a strange looking Dwarf with multicolour hair and a bare chest, sinking its teath into the dwarfs leg, the poor rat barely had time to taste the miniscule amount of blood he withdrew before his head was splattered over the cobblestones. the poor rat had been lost, but it had alerted the slightly more capable skaven forces to the presence of the sneaky dwarves who would have had the rear.

The battle was brief, as the skaven swarmed the grouped 5 younger dwarves, hoping to deal with them before the tougher looking ones could reach them. Even the lesser verminkin, in high spirits after their last meeting with dwarves, faired well against the dwarf thunderers. Knocking the dwarves to the floor, and giving the night runners and black skaven easy kills.

The Dwarf noble and his closest friend, and engineer by profession, fought well, defeating several skaven, but the numbers were overwhelming.

Another fast victory for the skaven, who had just one casualty, a verminkin who had to be put down after having his back broken, other than the brave giant rat.
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.   Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode. Icon_minitimeThu 7 Aug 2008 - 23:33

Great writing! Thanks for the story. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.   Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode. Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2008 - 15:12

COOL! thumbsup

That was an EXTREMELY entertaining read; nice flow to the story, & interesting characters: a "LADY" Skaven AND in charge yet?! What a VERY interesting character! Are you ACTUALLY going to have a Female Skaven mini? If so you have GOT TO put up her photo. BRAVO! ENCORE! cheers
Back to top Go down
bolerus
Warrior
Warrior
bolerus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.   Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode. Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2008 - 15:20

the band is being played by a girl, so makes sense to have the leader as a girl lol.

Question is, would a female skaven look any differnt (to our human eyes) than a male?

have to do a bit of research on that one, woudl certainly be a good twist if I can sort it.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.   Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode. Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2008 - 15:30

bolerus wrote:
the band is being played by a girl, so makes sense to have the leader as a girl lol.

Question is, would a female skaven look any differnt (to our human eyes) than a male?

have to do a bit of research on that one, woudl certainly be a good twist if I can sort it.

Well, actually she would basically be the same. However, positioning, AND the paint job [how about some eye shadow?] COULD suggest her gender.
AND remember I waarned you about how dangerous Rat-Loving Young Women can be!
Back to top Go down
bolerus
Warrior
Warrior
bolerus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.   Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode. Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2008 - 15:39

mm maybe a little eyeshadow and lipstick, and perhaps earings. Getting a slightly more femine pose might be difficult.

longer hair. (how woudl i mod that though - total paint novice here - havent even figured out how to do dry brushing yet)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.   Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode. Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2008 - 15:51

For long hair [an EXCELLENT IDEA] you could use Green Stuff, if you are handy with it. It's one of the easier applications of this stuff. Making her a blonde might be an idea. Check out Tom's Pink Orks for some REALLY GREAT IDEAS [in the Gallery]. This has potential!
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.   Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode. Icon_minitimeFri 8 Aug 2008 - 17:00

bolerus wrote:

From the little I've read about the Skaven society, I've heard that females are looked down upon, and kept (locked up?) in their homes/cities for breeding purposes... so you should come up with some background of how she became the leader of a renegade warband Wink

I would immagine most females are smaller, but who knows... I'd read the wiki article on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skaven

l8r,
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
bolerus
Warrior
Warrior
bolerus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.   Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode. Icon_minitimeSun 17 Aug 2008 - 14:17

I have modded a skaven to indicate its female.

tried using bluetack first, and molded some hair, sort of swept over one side of her face. want happy with it

so, in mark 2 I saw some brushes in a local shop for £1.25 for 19.

One of them was a size 10 and well decided to cut the bristles down and use the cuttings for the skavens hair.

It looks, well not too hot, but that is mostly becasue I suck at painting.

It wont win any competitions, but will do for our game.

My camera is off being repaired at the moment (developed a bit of a problem while i was official photographer at a wedding) so will take a pic when it comes back,

Do warn you though, I am very poor at painting (although I find painting very relaxing so I will carry on at it regardless)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.   Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode. Icon_minitimeSun 17 Aug 2008 - 17:18

Hey bolerus,

Fur Tip: if you are going to use a fiber to represent fur/hain, BEFORE painting hit up with a light coat of matte protective finish spray. It will make the paint adhere better. The static flock used to represent grass works very nicely for fur. I use tacky glue to adfix the "fur".

No Go Get'em! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.   Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bolerus Battle report Number 2 - story mode.
Page 1 of 1