Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Campaign report for Vampire Hunters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
numbertenox
Warrior
Warrior
numbertenox

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Campaign report for Vampire Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Campaign report for Vampire Hunters   Campaign report for Vampire Hunters Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011 - 0:51

Hi,

Over the past couple of years I've worked up a campaign for Empire in Flames that's a bit odd. It's kind of like a D&D module, kinda like a board game, kinda like an extended Mordheim campaign. We just started playing recently, first report up on my blog at:

http://hobbyblog.wargameweaver.com/mordheim/vampire-hunters-campaign-report-one

The rules will be up soon, still making some minor changes there and some missing bits to fill in.

I'm not certain, but I think we will probably end up having roughly fifteen to twenty "tactical scenarios" played via Mordheim skirmish rules by the end of the campaign. We went through three scenarios in the initial weekend.

The whole thing was inspired by a combination of watching way too many vampire movies, and a Seven Samurai style plot - heroes helping to defend a village / small town. It's cooperative; the player warbands are all pitched in together to defend the town.
Back to top Go down
http://hobbyblog.wargameweaver.com/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Campaign report for Vampire Hunters   Campaign report for Vampire Hunters Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011 - 3:44

Great report and scenery. Looking forward to everything you post to go with this.
Back to top Go down
Mephysto
Veteran
Veteran
Mephysto

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Campaign report for Vampire Hunters   Campaign report for Vampire Hunters Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011 - 20:19

And you have another follower here, too (I actually spotted it on your blog and came here to look for a thread about it - maybe I should visit the Battle Reports section more often Razz). Smile

Very beautiful boards (love the strong MBA presence!), capital battle reports, photos and overall concept.
'Tis a promising start for a campaign I will gladly stay tuned to (and shamelessly steal ideas from once the rules are up Wink)!
Back to top Go down
numbertenox
Warrior
Warrior
numbertenox

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Campaign report for Vampire Hunters   Campaign report for Vampire Hunters Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011 - 20:52

Thanks!!

More to follow soon. We can only get together about once a month to play, so it'll probably take us the better part of a year to finish this campaign ;-).

I'm a slow person about projects, so the terrain boards, hills, miniatures etc. necessary for this campaign I probably spent more than a year getting ready. Luckily there were plenty of other games for us to play in the meantime.

About 60% of the MBA town walls are really "knock-offs" I did with stryofoam. They aren't perfect, but pretty close approximations. I realized to wall the entire town I was going to need about 600$ worth of MBA stuff (divorce territory), so I fabricated some of the easier bits (straight walls and ruined wall sections) to match their stuff and saved about $400 and my marriage ;-).
Back to top Go down
http://hobbyblog.wargameweaver.com/
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Campaign report for Vampire Hunters   Campaign report for Vampire Hunters Icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011 - 1:08

I'm fascinated with your scenery! And with your ideas for campaign and scenarios and stuff!
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Campaign report for Vampire Hunters   Campaign report for Vampire Hunters Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec 2011 - 15:21

The campaign rules are interesting (I've seen early drafts). I agree he did a nice job with the custom terrain. Going to have to check out his foam-cutting setup when we are up that way for Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Campaign report for Vampire Hunters   Campaign report for Vampire Hunters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campaign report for Vampire Hunters
Page 1 of 1