Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Zartes' warbands

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zartes
Hero
Hero
Zartes

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Zartes' warbands Empty
PostSubject: Zartes' warbands   Zartes' warbands Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 13:55

I recently got back into miniatures collecting after an absence of many years. This time around, actually being an adult (of sorts), i thought I might do the whole thing methodically, and actually record it, for the purpose of boosting my ego Very Happy

Thus, I will be boring you all with periodic pictures of my various warbands as I go through the process of collecting and painting them.

For my first offering, my dwarf warband. These first photos are the starting warband.

Zartes' warbands Img0141jj
left to right, my halfling scout, dwarf noble (from Avatars of War), and beardling (from the old old old Citadel Marauder range).

Zartes' warbands Img0142sd
left to right: my "trollslayers", although I'll be calling them what Reaper calls 'em - Forge Maidens. Either way, they're unarmoured maniacs. Then there's the "Engineer" although I prefer to think of him as the "Chief Ranger", and a Thunderer/Ranger.

Next the rest of the warband, to be added as they collect enough GC.

Zartes' warbands Img0146t
Warriors, each with axe, shield and helmet. Even the lady dwarf. Dwarven hair products are as good as a helmet.

Zartes' warbands Img0148bm
Should one of the warriors Get Talent, the leftmost model is the model that will be added to the rost of heroes. Next to him are the remaining two Thunderers/Rangers, and the meddling old warlock.

The yellow stuff you can see here and there is blue-tack... except yellow.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Zartes' warbands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zartes' warbands   Zartes' warbands Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 14:12

VERY NICE choice of minis...this should be an UBERCOOL looking Band of Vertically Challenged Grumps. Have FUN painting. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Zartes' warbands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zartes' warbands   Zartes' warbands Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 23:36

Hey, great choice of models imo (even if I'm not sure the AoW dwarf and the wizard fit in that well). Haven't seen most of them yet. Now paint them up!
Back to top Go down
Zartes
Hero
Hero
Zartes

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

Zartes' warbands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zartes' warbands   Zartes' warbands Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 0:50

Grimscull wrote:
Hey, great choice of models imo (even if I'm not sure the AoW dwarf and the wizard fit in that well). Haven't seen most of them yet. Now paint them up!

The AoW Dwarf sort of got picked because he doesn't fit in perfectly. As the group leader, he's supposed to stand out as being longer of bear and broader of shoulder than everybody else.

The wizard is there because, hey, they're a band of dwarfs with a hobbit. They need their gandalf :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zartes' warbands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zartes' warbands   Zartes' warbands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zartes' warbands
Page 1 of 1