Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs

Go down 
+2
Paboook
gorenut
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Empty
PostSubject: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2011 - 6:32

Starting up with the most basic of models.. ZOMBIES. Never liked GW's Zombies so these are constructed from bits I had left over from my Vampire Count army that never got sold.

As far as theme.. I want to do a Strigoi theme, but would love to branch off from that.. problem is that it seems like skeletons and Wights aren't in any lists other than some fan-made ones I've run into. Would it be too broken to put Wights and Skeletons in a standard Undead list?

Oh.. and here are some pics.
Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6183722553_71c22faabf_b
Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6184243008_d73457aa9b_b

Last edited by gorenut on Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 1:24; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2011 - 6:47

2 more angles. I also swapped out the hand off the one on the left.

Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6183763955_f0684cdd2a_b
Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6183763587_7df01748c4_b
Back to top Go down
Paboook
Warlord
Warlord
Paboook

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:17

Cool Smile I like the way how you used the torso from VC corpse cart.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2011 - 12:49

COOL LOOKING ZEDS! You did an inspiring bit of kit-bashing...I forgot I had a couple of Corpse carts kicking about. The one on the left is particularly appropriate for Mordheim with the Renaissance style pantaloons. Keep up the GOOD WORK! thumbsup
To a degree I share your feelings about G.W's Zeds. The G.W. Living Impaired are rather a mixed bag, but I love their hands. I definitely think that the types of Living Impaired Folk allowed by the rules is too restrictive. Undead
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011 - 5:08

Here are some pics of my Vampire with just a few of his Ghoul minions (all my Ghouls are Heresy ones)Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6284661349_d827e57ba1_b
Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6285184840_557dd342a8_bStart of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6284663161_fc970103ac_b
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011 - 5:09

Just cause I can show off.. here is the Temple Guard on Cold One I converted for my girlfriend's warband.

Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6285186700_3b3159af69_b
Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6284668299_343516feb2_b
Back to top Go down
Plutz
Veteran
Veteran
Plutz

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011 - 7:05

OOOH! Very cool zombies and am extemely curious about your girlfriend's warband. More pictures please!
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011 - 7:29

Plutz wrote:
OOOH! Very cool zombies and am extemely curious about your girlfriend's warband. More pictures please!

Sure.. haha, she literally just went "What're you doing?! I've only started painting them!" - Still shy about her WIP.

Here's a sample of her warband. She still has more Skinks and Sauri and in the process of trying to acquire a Krox. The Temple Guard on foot model is in here too.
Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6285454954_f861e979ba_b
Back to top Go down
Plutz
Veteran
Veteran
Plutz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011 - 7:39

Tell her those look great! Smile will be a warband with lots of character. The first guy I played mordheim with had a lizard men warband and it looked horrid, no variety. She has totally outshone him!
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011 - 8:46

Plutz wrote:
Tell her those look great! Smile will be a warband with lots of character. The first guy I played mordheim with had a lizard men warband and it looked horrid, no variety. She has totally outshone him!

Yea, she liked Lizardmen the very moment she saw them. She's actually who got me back into the hobby. I was on a hiatus for years.. but then she started off with buying some Skinks and I eventually actually discovered Mordheim - I always knew about it but never gave it much thought since I was too busy with 40k and WHFB. With both our busy schedules.. Mordheim is the perfect hobby to allow us to convert models.. which is currently our main draw (painting for her).
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011 - 13:00

You & your Lady have the makings of two UBERCOOL War Bands...nice conversion work on the Lizards & Vampire. Have FUN with the painting! What a Face
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeWed 2 Nov 2011 - 1:27

Some updates of Orcs.. I really wish I had a station set up.. then I'd paint more often. Right now since I've been so busy, I've only been putting together random guys at my desk whenever I have some free time. Here are some WIP of my Orc warband.

Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6303909393_18031a3a33_b

Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6290207917_76e28215b1_z

Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6290206285_c38e628a86_z

Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6290724414_6570173f1b_z
Back to top Go down
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeWed 2 Nov 2011 - 16:29

Pretty cool guys you have there! Where did you get the "orkish" skull mask from?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeWed 2 Nov 2011 - 17:09

It's always good to see the Lads in Green underway...that Boar is a nasty piece of work. Keep up the FINE WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeWed 2 Nov 2011 - 20:22

Thanks for all the kind words.

MasterofKatz wrote:
Pretty cool guys you have there! Where did you get the "orkish" skull mask from?

I love kitbashing and this is a result of it. The skull mask is from the Orc Boarboyz set. I've also mixed a lot of bits from the Black Orc sets.
Back to top Go down
Plutz
Veteran
Veteran
Plutz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 3:08

Those look awesome. Once my base goblin army is ready I want to nab some orcs to convert/customize into black orcs. Is the guy on the boar mainly orc general bits?
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 19:12

Plutz wrote:
Those look awesome. Once my base goblin army is ready I want to nab some orcs to convert/customize into black orcs. Is the guy on the boar mainly orc general bits?

I converted one of the Boar Boyz riders using Black Orc bits. Essentially constructed his body armor with greenstuff, shoulder plates, etc. Added shoulder pads.. and the mouth piece I can't remember if it was inlcuded in the Boar Boyz set or Black Orcs. Axe and shield is straight from the Black Orc set.
Back to top Go down
Plutz
Veteran
Veteran
Plutz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeFri 4 Nov 2011 - 0:16

gorenut wrote:
Plutz wrote:

I converted one of the Boar Boyz riders using Black Orc bits. Essentially constructed his body armor with greenstuff, shoulder plates, etc. Added shoulder pads.. and the mouth piece I can't remember if it was inlcuded in the Boar Boyz set or Black Orcs. Axe and shield is straight from the Black Orc set.

Sweet, any more shots of the body armour?
Back to top Go down
The Yak
Knight
Knight
The Yak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeSat 5 Nov 2011 - 0:01

I'm sure I've seen this stuff somewhere before...

Id recommend getting a little paint station. I keep mine in the cupboard (closet gamer) and just get it out when I want to paint. It saves taking over your living space. Will definitely be wanting to see some paint get chucked on this lot

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2011 - 8:13

Plutz wrote:
gorenut wrote:
Plutz wrote:

Sweet, any more shots of the body armour?

Sure thing. Here are some pics. I still need to get in there and green stuff some chain.

Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6319476067_9c6b8dd842_z

Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs 6319481173_51b4108fa2_z
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs   Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Start of Undead, Lizardmen, and Orcs
Page 1 of 1