Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Roster info on android

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
odd
Youngblood
Youngblood
odd

Trading Reputation : 0

Roster info on android Empty
PostSubject: Roster info on android   Roster info on android Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011 - 23:14

So I got myself a tablet and am trying to get it so that I don't have to worry about paper any more.

I saw the roster builder at tabletop geeks but seems that just lets you start, not enhance. I saw the fillable PDF but I didn't have much luck with the xp boxes on the Android. I saw they have an army builder but those are generally for Warhammer Fantasy or 40k, not Mordheim.

Does anyone have any tips for these three possibilities or another way go paperless?

Thanks for the help,
odd
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Roster info on android   Roster info on android Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2011 - 11:18

Not yet. I'm working on a concept similar to Tabletop Geeks that will allow for rosters throughout campaigns. I don't like Javascript though (give me a compiled language any day!) so going is slow. Won't be for another few months yet.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
odd
Youngblood
Youngblood
odd

PostSubject: Re: Roster info on android   Roster info on android Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2011 - 17:53

What you writing it in if not js?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Roster info on android   Roster info on android Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2011 - 23:30

It is in Javascript but I just don't have any patience with the language. The server side is PHP which I have been enjoying a but better but there is very little PHP required compared to Javascript.

The roster functionally is already nearly complete. The biggest challenge now is really creating the functionality to allow people to create and maintain their own rosters securely while allowing read-only viewable access to the public. I am not looking forward to creating the boring log in/log out functionality that is necessary to make the site useful for people other than me. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Roster info on android   Roster info on android Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011 - 11:55

Odd, you can also use software for generating random dice then you can be paperless and diceless! Wink

Last edited by Vagabond on Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 20:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Roster info on android   Roster info on android Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011 - 16:15

I don't think I would want to go diceless. Takes away from the game a bit...
Back to top Go down
odd
Youngblood
Youngblood
odd

PostSubject: Re: Roster info on android   Roster info on android Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011 - 18:53

Yeah, I like rolling dice and even though I could currently go diceless for D&D I still like the rolling.

Lemming if you need help with JS you can let me know, I'm decent at it (but am not a Guru by any stretch).
Back to top Go down
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Roster info on android   Roster info on android Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011 - 20:07

flipchuck wrote:
I don't think I would want to go diceless. Takes away from the game a bit...

For me it's the same with pen and paper also...
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Roster info on android   Roster info on android Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011 - 2:39

odd wrote:
Yeah, I like rolling dice and even though I could currently go diceless for D&D I still like the rolling.

Lemming if you need help with JS you can let me know, I'm decent at it (but am not a Guru by any stretch).
Thanks for the offer, odd, it is very generous. Smile At this stage I just need to look into the option of using frameworks/templates for Javascript and PHP that have been tried and tested. Log in/log out functionality has been done for decades so it shouldn't be necessary for anyone to re-invent the wheel. If I find one then that should make it fairly easy to implement this last core bit of functionality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roster info on android   Roster info on android Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roster info on android
Page 1 of 1