Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Norse Raiders

Go down 
+2
Soulblight
Murray145
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Norse Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Norse Raiders   Norse Raiders Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 7:53

Across the Sea of Claws the men of the North launch countless raids against trading ships, ports, and various small villages near the shore.

Warriors of Choice:

A Sea Raider warband must have a minimum of 3 models. You have 500 Gold Crowns to hire and equip your initial warband. Your warband may never exceed 15 models.

Jarl - Your warband must have up to one Jarl. No more, no less.
Shaman - Your warband may have up to one Shaman.
Huscarl - Your warband may have up to two Huscarls.
Berserker - Your warband may have up one Berserker.
Marauders - Your warband may have any number of Marauders.
Fury - Your warband may have up to three Furies.
Young Bloods - Your warband may have up five Young Bloods.
Warhounds - Your warband may have up to five Warhounds.

Special Rules:

Raiders: As their name suggests, Sea Raiders are expert at looting and pillaging. When rolling on the exploration chart, you may choose a single dice and add +1/-1 to that roll.

Seafarers: Sea Raiders are expert sailors having crossed the Sea of Claws and sailed along the coasts of the old world looking for their next victims. Any boat that is occupied by a Sea Raider Hero (Aside from the Berserker) you may add +1/-1 on any movement rolls.

Chaos Divided: Sea Raiders start out as Chaos Undivided but many tribes and warbands worship only a single god. If every Hero in the warband takes the same Mark of Chaos then the effects of the Mark apply to everyone in the warband. If you chose to do this, once every Hero has the same mark you lose access to Furies and Warhounds. If you already have Warhounds or Furies in your warband you make keep the Warhounds (you may not purchase anymore) but must remove Furies from your Warband Roster. In addition all Henchmen recruited increase in price by 10 gold crowns and those who become Heroes via 'Lads got Talent' must choose that Mark as one of their starting skills. Also if any Heroes take any other Mark then the benefits are lost to your henchmen and you may still not purchase Warhounds or Furies.

Starting Experience:

The Jarl starts with 20 experience.
The Shaman starts with 11 experience.
Huscarls start with 8 experience.
The Berserker starts with 8 experience.
Henchmen start with 0 experience.

Sea Raider Skill Table:

The Jarl may choose skills from the Combat, Strength, Speed, or Special tables.
The Shaman may choose skills from the Combat, Academic, or Special tables.
Huscarls may choose skills from the Combat, Strength, or Special tables.
The Berserker may choose skills from the Strength, Speed, or Special tables.
Henchmen who become heroes via 'Lads got Talent' may choose skills from the Combat, Speed, or Special tables.

Sea Raider Equipment List:

Hand to Hand Weapons:
Dagger 1st free/ 2 gc
Hammer/Mace 3 gc
Axe 5 gc
Sword 10 gc
Morning Star 15 gc
Double Handed Weapon 15 gc
Spear 10 gc
Flail 15 gc

Missile Weapons:
Javelins 5 gc
Throwing Axes* 15 gc

Armor:
Light Armor 20 gc
Helmet 10 gc
Shield 5 gc

Miscellaneous:
Runestone 20 gc
Lucky Charm 10 gc
Torch 2 gc

(*) Throwing Axes count as Throwing Knives.

New Items:

Runestone - Runestones are large stones with various inscriptions and patterns carved into it. Anyone model with a Runestone gains a 6+ save against magic spells that cannot be modified. If a Shaman is given a Runestone he gains +1 to all casting attempts.

Heroes:

1 Jarl; 60 gold crowns to hire.
Jarls are leaders of the various Norse clans. They are fierce warriors, leading numerous raids and seek to gain favor from the gods of chaos.

M 4; Ws 4, Bs 3, S 4, T 3, W 1, I 4, A 1, Ld 8
Weapons/Armor: Jarls may choose weapons and armor from the Sea Raider Equipment List.

Special Rules:
Leader: Any warrior within 6" of the Jarl may use his Leadership characteristic when taking leadership tests.

0-1 Shaman; 40 gold crowns to hire.
Shamans are the spiritual adviser of the Norse Clans, they are able to harness the dark powers and use it against their foes.

M 4; Ws 3, Bs 3, S 3, T 3, W 1, I 3, A 1, Ld 8
Weapons/Armor: Shamans may choose weapons and armor from the Sea Raider Equipment List.

Special Rules:
Wizard: A Shaman is a wizard and may generate spells from the Dark Rituals magic list.

0-2 Huscarls; 35 gold crown to hire.
Huscarls are veterans of many campaigns, they seek to prove themselves in the eyes of the dark gods.

M 4; Ws 4, Bs 3, S 3, T 3, W 1, I 3, A 1, Ld 7
Weapons/Armor: Huscarls may choose weapons and armor from the Sea Raider Equipment List.

0-1 Berserker; 45 gold crowns to hire.
Berserkers are warriors who are able to work themselves into a uncontrollable rage and leave nothing but death behind them.

M 5; Ws 4, Bs 3, S 4, T 3, W 1, I 4, A 1, Ld 6
Weapons/Armor: Berserkers may choose weapons and armor from the Sea Raider Equipment List.

Special Rules:
Berserk: Berserkers suffer from Frenzy.
With Abandon: Berserkers care little for their well being. Berserkers may never wear armor of any kind. In addition they are completely immune to all psychology and never need to test if fighting alone.

Henchmen:

0+ Marauders; 25 gold crowns to hire.

M 4; Ws 3, Bs 3, S 3, T 3, W 1, I 3, A 1, Ld 7
Weapons/Armor: Marauders may choose weapons and armor from the Sea Raider Equipment List.

0-3 Fury; 35 gold crowns to hire.
A Chaos Fury is a lesser winged daemon of Chaos. While all the other minor daemons are usually bound to one of the Chaos Gods, the Furies alone are the forces of Chaos Undivided.

M 5, Ws 3, Bs 0, S 4, T 3, W 1, I 4, A 1, Ld 10
Weapons/Armor: None. Furies have sharp claws and fangs which they use to tear and slash at their foes. They therefore neither need nor use weapons and cannot wear armor.

Special Rules:
Demonic: Furies and made from the eternal and unchanging powers of chaos. Therefore they never gain Experience.
Immune to Poison: Furies are not living creatures, they are beings from the warp. They are totally immune to all poisons and diseases.
Immune to Psychology: Furies are Daemons and do not know the concept of fear. They automatically pass any Leadership-based test they are required to take.
Daemonic Aura: Due to the magical, intangible nature of Daemons they have a special Armor save of 5+. This is modified by the Strength of the attack as normal and is completely negated by magic weapons and spells. Attacks made by Furies are considered as magical.
Daemonic Instability: Furies are bound to the world by Dark Sorcery that is highly volatile and unstable. If taken Out Of Action a Fury is banished and effectively destroyed on a D6 roll of 1-3 (do not roll for injury). In addition, if the warband routs then every Fury in the warband must take an immediate Leadership test. If this test is failed, then the Fury counts as destroyed.
Fly: Fury are winged creatures and there for can fly. A Fury can fly if it has not moved, instead you may place it anywhere within 16" of its starting location. If a Fury has flown it may not charge.

0-5 Young Bloods; 15 gold crowns to hire.

M 4; Ws 2, Bs 2, S 3, T 3, W 1, I 3, A 1, Ld 6
Weapons/Armor: Young Bloods may use weapons and armor from the Sea Raider Equipment List.

0-5 Warhounds; 15 gold crowns to hire.

M 6; Ws 4, Bs 0, S 4, T 3, W 1, I 4, A 1, Ld 5
Weapons/Armor: Jaws and Claws. Warhounds may never be equipped or use any weapons or armor.

Special Rules:
Animals: Warhounds are animals and thus do not gain experience.

Sea Raider Special Skills:

Will of the Dark Gods: (Jarl Only) The Dark Gods have a greater purpose for the Warband this day. The Warband may re-roll one failed route test once per scenario.

Mark of Khorne: The Hero has become favored by Khorne, he gains +1 to all his 'To Hit' rolls in Hand to Hand combat. In addition for every enemy model taken Out of Action by a model with this mark, roll a d6 on a roll of a 6 he becomes Frenzied. Note the Frenzied part does not apply if the model already is Frenzied.

Mark of Tzeentch: The Hero has become favored by Tzeentch, he gains a +6 save that can be used after all other saves. In addition if the character has the Wizard special rule he gains an addition +1 to casting.

Mark of Nurgle: The Hero has become favored by Nurgle, he gains +1 to his Toughness. In addition all enemy models suffer -1 to all ' To Hit' rolls against him in hand to hand combat.

Mark of Slaanesh: The Hero has become favored by Slaanesh, he gains +1 to his Initiative. In addition he always Strikes Fist in the first round of combat, after the first round use Initiative as normal.

Last edited by Murray145 on Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 18:34; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

Norse Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Raiders   Norse Raiders Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 10:29

Another finelooking warband!

Personally, im kind of puzzled about why having a band thats good with boats but i have only just started to play. .
I'll take it as they come in handy in other settings...

Just a question thou (perhaps a foolish one); Your benefits from the marks, are they limited by the racial max? (hope you understand what i mean, cant figure out a better sentence than that to get my point across right now...)
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Norse Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Raiders   Norse Raiders Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 12:31

He there just a few questions and observationson this one.

All hero's have acess to a mark through the special skill list right? This seems a bit too powerfull to me. Perhaps it should be limited to the leader or some such. You could end up with six spellcasters in you warband!! Shocked

With regards to the Mark of Khorne.
Quote :
The Hero has become favored by Khorne, he gains +1 to all his 'To Hit' rolls in Hand to Hand combat. It addition he gains +2 attacks on a charge instead of the normal +1
Am I being dim here. Do people get +1 atack on the charge normally?

And a clarification on the berserker, I notice he starts with an attack profile of 2. Does this mean that if he has a single close combat weapon he does 2 attacks in combat ( as if he only had one attack and is allready frenzied) or does 4 ( when you apply the frenzy rules to him)? .. I hope I'm making sense here...ie have you allready applied the effects of frenzy to him on his stat baseline.

The furys look interesting and fun.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Norse Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Raiders   Norse Raiders Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 13:22

You're very productive! Yet another warband that seems balanced, quite an achievement. A few questions and remarks though. First, why another Norse warband? It seems that the one already in use is not that different - what is the purpose of making a new one?
The berserker seems too powerful. One A should be enough to start with, since he's already frenzied.

The mark of khorne seems a bit too powerful as well. Perhaps it Can be toned down?
Back to top Go down
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Personal Info

Norse Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Raiders   Norse Raiders Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 17:37

Well, on the Berserker. The Berserker has a base of 2 attacks. So if you took him as is, he would have three attacks on a charge, if you give him a sword/axe/club and use his Dagger + Hand Weapon, it would mean he has a total of 4 attacks on a charge. This seems like alot of attacks, thats why I didn't allow him to have access to armor and have him start the game frenzied.

On Mark of Khorne, I to felt that +1 on To Hits in close combat seemed to be a bit heavy, that is why I had that you have a chance to become frenzied. I originally had it that if you got mark of khorne you would add D3 attacks on a charge, with out frenzied. So it is considered ton down (to me atleast) I might change it a bit.

On Boats. I know boats are a rare sight in pretty much any campaign. But for the sake of them being Sea Raiders I gave it to them. I highly doubt this rule will ever be used.

On Marks again, I have decided that if you do decide to go chaos divided that it adds a +10 gc increase to all henchmen you recruit. So your Marauders will cost 35 gold each and Young Bloods would cost 25 gc each.

And, Why Marauders? Well tbh, I Personally do not like the BTB Marauder Warband. I am not saying it is not a well written warband with great ideas, I just dont really like it.
Back to top Go down
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Personal Info

Norse Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Raiders   Norse Raiders Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 17:40

Alright, I have made some changes after some play testing. The Berserker ended up having WAY TO many attacks. Mark of Khorne + Base of 2 + Axe and Sword = Five, Str 4 Attacks!

So I decided to lower the base attacks of Berserkers to 1 and removed the extra attacks from Khorne so that it is now just +1 to hit and you may suffer from frenzy on a d6 roll of 6
Back to top Go down
pistolpete308
Hero
Hero
pistolpete308

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Norse Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Raiders   Norse Raiders Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 22:51

This should be a "Chaos Marauder" warband, rather than a "Norse Raider" warband.

Norsca borders the realms of chaos but is actually below it. The norse worship a lot of gods; some are the chaos gods, but many are not. Suggesting that all Norse warbands are chaos worshippers is not true to the background of the old world.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Norse Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Raiders   Norse Raiders Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 23:09

As someone who incorporates boats and ships into almost any setting adding d6 to the speed of any boat is not a good idea. +1 is just fine, even +/-1 would be interesting for those times when you wish to avoid running aground or colliding with another boat.
Back to top Go down
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Personal Info

Norse Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Raiders   Norse Raiders Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:42

Well I would say they are Chaos Marauders, but that was already taken by BTB
Back to top Go down
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Personal Info

Norse Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Raiders   Norse Raiders Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep 2011 - 18:42

smokezombie wrote:
He there just a few questions and observationson this one.

All hero's have acess to a mark through the special skill list right? This seems a bit too powerfull to me. Perhaps it should be limited to the leader or some such. You could end up with six spellcasters in you warband!! Shocked

Well, if a model with Mark of Tzeentch and a Rune stone is not a wizard, he cannot cast any spells because he is not a wizard. But he technically does have a +2 to casting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Norse Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Raiders   Norse Raiders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Norse Raiders
Page 1 of 1