Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

New Henchmen Equipment Question

Go down 
+2
BalrogTheBuff
LAZtheinfamous
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LAZtheinfamous
Hero
Hero
LAZtheinfamous

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

New Henchmen Equipment Question Empty
PostSubject: New Henchmen Equipment Question   New Henchmen Equipment Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 1:25

I realize this is pretty dumb, but I can't wrap my head around it. With equipping new henchmen AFTER the campaign has started, do you have to roll for rare equipment?

For example: I have a Marksmen henchmen group armed with handguns. If I wanted to get another member into that same group, would this be the following steps to do so; A. Roll to find how much available XP is available, then if I have enough, I can buy a new member for that group. B. Keep a hero make a rare roll to find a handgun, if successful I can buy a handgun. C. Having getting both, I can then recruit to that henchmen group. If either of those rolls fail, then I can't get a new henchmen into that group.

Granted it still makes sense for certain things like Weeping Blades, or Hochland Long Rifles or the such, but it doesn't seem to make much sense for some of the things like handguns and pistols which are all over the place in WHFB. I'm not sure that I'm getting it right, and just not liking the rules. Right now, our group has been playing that handguns are just like regular items.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: New Henchmen Equipment Question   New Henchmen Equipment Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 1:40

As i understand you DO have to roll still. Blackpowder is very rare during the time of Mordheim (350 years I think? Or was it 500 before Fantasy). And as for other henchmen the reason I consider them not needing to before creation is that your leader has already spent the time and effort to procure such gear for his warband. They aren't just random joes walking in off the street.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: New Henchmen Equipment Question   New Henchmen Equipment Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 2:11

LAZtheinfamous wrote:
I realize this is pretty dumb, but I can't wrap my head around it. With equipping new henchmen AFTER the campaign has started, do you have to roll for rare equipment?

For example: I have a Marksmen henchmen group armed with handguns. If I wanted to get another member into that same group, would this be the following steps to do so; A. Roll to find how much available XP is available, then if I have enough, I can buy a new member for that group. B. Keep a hero make a rare roll to find a handgun, if successful I can buy a handgun. C. Having getting both, I can then recruit to that henchmen group. If either of those rolls fail, then I can't get a new henchmen into that group.

Yes those are the rules. And the Mordheim game is set in an earlier era than the current WFB as explained in the fluff and WFB Empire timelines (although Mordheim may have disappeared from the current edition fluff.).
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: New Henchmen Equipment Question   New Henchmen Equipment Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 2:54

They speak true. Sometimes I will pick up spare rare kit for henchmen before looking for the henchmen.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New Henchmen Equipment Question   New Henchmen Equipment Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 3:01

Handguns and hunting rifles and all manner of pistols are indeed rare items because of the aforementioned timeline reasons.

In my circle we found that handguns were insufficiently compelling to purchase when compared to the good old crossbow so we houseruled that handguns and hunting rifles roll 2 injury dice and pick the highest. They are still not as popular as crossbows, but at least now people actually use them instead of instantly selling them Smile.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: New Henchmen Equipment Question   New Henchmen Equipment Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 15:31

What we are doing with handguns and rifles is giving them Concussion at short range - they stun on a 2-4. Too early to tell if that will have much effect on their popularity.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: New Henchmen Equipment Question   New Henchmen Equipment Question Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 15:36

Like mweaver, I'd be buying the handguns (etc.) and putting them in my warband's stash, ready for the day when new henchmen are available! Wink

Von Kurst wrote:
And the Mordheim game is set in an earlier era than the current WFB as explained in the fluff and WFB Empire timelines (although Mordheim may have disappeared from the current edition fluff.).
It's still there (It even gets a mention in Storm of Magic!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Henchmen Equipment Question   New Henchmen Equipment Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Henchmen Equipment Question
Page 1 of 1