Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

pink / blue / yellow foam beginner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

pink / blue / yellow foam beginner Empty
PostSubject: pink / blue / yellow foam beginner   pink / blue / yellow foam beginner Icon_minitimeSat 7 May 2011 - 12:26

hi guys,

I finally bought me a sheet of that dense foam (couldn't find pink or blue ; it's yellow, but I think it's more or less the same product)
now I want to make something small, to get to know the material, learn how to work with it and how to paint it
but my inspiration lets me down !
been browsing the scenery threads for 3 days, because I remembered there were some amazing artists who did incredible stuff with foam and a ballpoint or pencil, but i can't seem to find the ones i was looking for

does anyone has a picture of something small but cool, to help me on my way with my first try carving & painting ?
It'd be highly appreciated

cheers
pascal
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: pink / blue / yellow foam beginner   pink / blue / yellow foam beginner Icon_minitimeSat 7 May 2011 - 13:45

There are just SO MANY inspirational/motivational threads it is really hard to pick out just one, but, for a good place to start, this one by chemical-agent is excellent:
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t4532-chemical-agent-s-terrain
The little tutorial should be a nice plus...I know you love tutorials. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ninja Goblin
Champion
Champion
Ninja Goblin

PostSubject: Re: pink / blue / yellow foam beginner   pink / blue / yellow foam beginner Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011 - 7:18

DeafNala is right on point! Another fun project is to have a go making some hills with extreme rock formations or carvings in the stone. What is the foams thickness?
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: pink / blue / yellow foam beginner   pink / blue / yellow foam beginner Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011 - 20:35

hi,

thanks for your replies guys

the foam is 3 cm (about 3/4")
i'm not really into hills or rocks since i don't play warhammer battles or so
i'd like to start something i could use on my mordheim table ; bottom part of a house, or a chimney or maybe a stair like chemical agent (how he makes the stones look really old and tattered is awesome)
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: pink / blue / yellow foam beginner   pink / blue / yellow foam beginner Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011 - 21:26

I'm not sure what you are looking for but as an arts and design teacher I would recommend just taking some of the material and playing with it.

Chemical Agent has an excellent tutorial on his technique, Arny (Mordheim from Russia?) has another.

Back to top Go down
DRD1812
Warlord
Warlord
DRD1812

PostSubject: Re: pink / blue / yellow foam beginner   pink / blue / yellow foam beginner Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011 - 2:53

The cobblestone stairs from Chemical Agent are perfect for you. All the cutting really gives you a sense of the foam's quality. I used that tutorial for my first foam project as well. Actually I need to post finished pics back on that tutorial thread.

But yeah, that gets my recommendation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pink / blue / yellow foam beginner   pink / blue / yellow foam beginner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pink / blue / yellow foam beginner
Page 1 of 1