Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Cardstock Buildings?

Go down 
+18
Montegue
Vagabond
tuxedokman
Maikacir
Svenn
jbfasta
crowbeard
Grimor
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Ashton
JohnYoung
Ash
Admin Tom
Tagnator
DeafNala
cianty
Da Bank
Duce
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008 - 20:29

Thanks for the downloads peeps

Da Bank, i can't get your links to work, it jut keeps taking me to my files. I did make an account so i don't get what the deal is...
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008 - 20:36

They look pretty good! And they probably are more durable than the original buildings.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008 - 21:35

Hum, Just realised something, I was comparing my buildings to Cianty's pics when i noticed 2 in the pic I haven't got.

card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Hum

the 2 not crossed out don't seem to be in either set, small the corner ruin has a window which leads me to believe it is not the blood in the streets one, and the grey building which also appears in the pic with the tavern from the box set i don't have, anyone know if i'm just dumb or are these from white dwarves etc?

and does anyone have their scans if so?

General
General
JohnYoung

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008 - 23:11

The gray one comes from the 3rd edition warhammer starting box (Empire vs Orcs).
Now I don't know if it was in a set for mordheim too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skankinriot
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008 - 1:41

John is right. The building did not come in the Mordheim box.

That smaller peice looks like it was broken off of that one where the wall dips low enough to jump over.... if that makes any sense.

l8r,
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008 - 10:37

The small piece looks intact, unless taken form a non mordheim card building, spent like 30minutes alst night checking and rechecking to make sure I hadn't missed one when building them.

Anyone know where I can get that one from warhammer 3rd edition, its a nice shape.. or know where i can find more pics of it

Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008 - 10:54

I think [sometimes Suspect ] that the building in question came from the edition just before the current one. My buddy John bought something like six of the starter sets, SO...he might have one or two he'd be willing to pass along; I'll check next time I hear from him. No promises, but this should be a freebie.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008 - 11:14

Even scans of the building are fine Nala, its got a certain appeal to it that makes me want to construct it Laughing

Damn sexy cardboard goodness.

P.S when are you taking me to the warstore this suitcase is getting smaller

Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008 - 12:51

Duce, if you ever find yourself on THIS side of the Pond, consider it a done deal! A visit to The War Store is almost a Holy Pilgrimage for ANY Fantasy, Sci-Fi, or Historical Wargamer [celestial music plays in the background as Admin. Tom, Light of Sigmar & Chocolate Freak, smiles on Beneficently]. PLUS there's also the Compleat Strategist in Manhattan [a long, narrow, not-so-little shop that is SO FULL of mini goodness you have to decide which way you want to face BEFORE entering an aisle Suspect ].

If the house sharing deal works with Friend John, you'd even have a place to stay AND play some games. How's THAT for a GOOD deal? eeexcellent! card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 665330
Back to top Go down
Grimor
Captain
Captain
Grimor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008 - 17:04

DeafNala is right the building is from warhammers 6 ed of the game but i think it was the third starter box as 1st 2nd and 3th ed dident get the starter box
Back to top Go down
http://algus.warhammer.pri.ee/forum/index.php?sid=b33c843eb89630
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008 - 22:23

Last edited by Da Bank on Fri 24 Oct 2008 - 1:51; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JohnYoung
General
General
JohnYoung

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008 - 22:28

DeafNala wrote:
Duce, if you ever find yourself on THIS side of the Pond, consider it a done deal! A visit to The War Store is almost a Holy Pilgrimage for ANY Fantasy, Sci-Fi, or Historical Wargamer [celestial music plays in the background as Admin. Tom, Light of Sigmar & Chocolate Freak, smiles on Beneficently]. PLUS there's also the Compleat Strategist in Manhattan [a long, narrow, not-so-little shop that is SO FULL of mini goodness you have to decide which way you want to face BEFORE entering an aisle Suspect ].

If the house sharing deal works with Friend John, you'd even have a place to stay AND play some games. How's THAT for a GOOD deal? eeexcellent! card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 665330

Hey I can join the party too! After all I'm only 10 hours away from the big apple.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skankinriot
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2008 - 4:17

Well Da Bank, i'm stumped as well. I tried all the following:

1: Follow the links by clicking on them
2: Copying the link into the address bar
3: Right click and save to my PC (this ended up as 16kb .htm file file i couldn't open)
4: Use the Transfer Remote File from my Adrive account and entered the url

No luck with any of the above. Any ideas man?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2008 - 12:47

JohnYoung wrote:
Hey I can join the party too! After all I'm only 10 hours away from the big apple.
lol! SURE! Providing everything works out that would be COOL!In my misspent youth I lived in Montreal for an ALL TOO brief year or so; Montreal was & is the ONLY city I have EVER come to LOVE. So Canada & Canadians have a SPECIAL place in my heart.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2008 - 21:56

@Group.

Ashton is going to help me later tonight so we can make these available to all again. Sir, yes sir!
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008 - 8:02

i appreciate the effort, ashton and dabank. Also Thanks for your scans cianty, although i could not get them to print properly...

I made one building (not from these scans, just foamboard) with 3" walls but it looks odd. 2" walls appear to be too small for most models but from my estimates it appears to be what the cardstock buildings are.

Could anyone tell me just how tall one story is on the original buildings? This way i know if i am scaling the print right and it will help me decide on a hight for my other terrain.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008 - 9:07

Pathfinder Dubstyles wrote:
Also Thanks for your scans cianty, ...

You're welcome. Just remember that it wasn't me who took the time to scan them. I just found and uploaded them for you. Smile

Could anyone tell me just how tall one story is on the original buildings? This way i know if i am scaling the print right and it will help me decide on a hight for my other terrain.

That's about 5.5".
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008 - 23:14

cianty wrote:

That's about 5.5".

I'm pretty sure he means 5.5cm Wink
Back to top Go down
crowbeard
Warrior
Warrior
crowbeard

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2008 - 3:34

@ ash .... a seemingly inane question but any advice on gluing the print outs so smoothly on the foam core????
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2008 - 4:03

Ashton wrote:
cianty wrote:

That's about 5.5".

I'm pretty sure he means 5.5cm Wink

Yieks, thanks Ashton! That's what you get for writing and thinking in English and inches all day long.
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2008 - 17:07

crowbeard wrote:
@ ash .... a seemingly inane question but any advice on gluing the print outs so smoothly on the foam core????

if you meant ashton: (there is an ash around here too and he might have a better answer for you)
You know, I haven't actually done it myself - and have very little experience with foam core. I do now someone else here did do it pretty well.

I would recommend cutting the foam core to 8 1/2" x 11" and sticking it in ur printer... jk

sorry - no ideas
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Oct 2008 - 1:56

Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Oct 2008 - 2:01

http://www.adrive.com/public/2495332d37814441b663a37e71668c5972df670c61354fa761c9aa0df8220dd4.html

http://www.adrive.com/public/28affdbb99466dc5cb7d8216e7725f0b0cb4eeb0fa4b9a204dbec94a5e084561.html

http://www.adrive.com/public/e9cdb3adb0a39317ea094f5ce82f4b216f7fc5a8c1cb97ac997fed9d68708ad2.html

http://www.adrive.com/public/766226c4a3d2735747f0dbbc1b115df20e2e37a4542416f957b8911042884011.html

http://www.adrive.com/public/f30bf5410d9e59dd2d61d443c14ef9475947a56007f16c978d470acc1b7e3b94.html

http://www.adrive.com/public/069acc3ac0705263585d39e0280d93caa6f8028fd56f53611240aa33998181e6.html

http://www.adrive.com/public/5d1c016e5c240cda786614c6ac63f38f55b6a9a4a30522230e334cdeb6960024.html

http://www.adrive.com/public/da8fe55842f2b4996a31ef16453a8aabce18e121f218363a62e0ecb063193694.html
http://www.adrive.com/public/d3aaa704218f2711fcab3e4740c72705e92cdeb91c1d7716654236360dddf4f3.html
Back to top Go down
Ash
General
General
Ash

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Oct 2008 - 2:11

@Crowbeard

When we glued down the print outs we used cheap gluesticks and the I have a small roller tool which looks kind of like a steam roller with a handle. Alternately you caould use anything which burnishes well, a small block of soft wood maybe?

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2008 - 1:14

Supposedly if you glue both sides on the warping should be equalized since both sides are warping in opposite directions. Stack some books on it and it should be alright, oh and make sure you use no-wrinkle glue sticks.

Thanks for the active links DaBank!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cardstock Buildings?   card buildings - Cardstock Buildings? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cardstock Buildings?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next