Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Gangs of Marienburg

Go down 
+9
Pfreck
Dahag
Von Kurst
StyrofoamKing
mweaver
RationalLemming
Tintin
Eliazar
werekin
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Marienburg   Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Apr 2011 - 17:02

Hey guys.

Fimir will definitely make an appearance in MiM. There won't be a new warband for them due to numerous reasons. It's nigh impossible to represent a gang of these creatures using Citadel miniatures. Hats off to anyone who does achieve this mighty feat, and to you I say this; The Cult of the Possessed warband list from the Mordheim rulebook offers a scarily accurate depiction of how Fimir roll. There will be more insight on this offered by my humble self in the future if talk of these marsh phantoms generates a visible reaction. Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 509466

Gnomes haven't featured in anything Warhammer since the Ruinous Powers published some complete bullshit about them 'in error' during the 1980's.

Rebels of East Albion is a long-running joke. I hope it can stay that way! If it doesn't then I will let know.

River Strigany are the first of a series of new gangs from MiM which allow players to pursue a career in piracy. pirat

It's more likely that Rat-men will show up than Stoats. Wink

There seems to be some talk about Elves. Please don't call this a comeback, or you might jinx it.

We have recruited a few 'bent' coppers (sorry guys!) who are now working top secretly with developmental material prepared for Watchmen.

In terms of releases. I will be rolling out a chunky new campaign article soon. I have a couple more well in progress. MiM 'gang' lists we would like to be published as exclusives through third party web sites & 'zines which support the Marienburg campaign, when the timing is right.

And there you have it!

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Marienburg   Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Apr 2011 - 17:54

Lookin forward to it!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Marienburg   Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2011 - 4:58

werekin wrote:
Gnomes haven't featured in anything Warhammer since the Ruinous Powers published some complete bullshit about them 'in error' during the 1980's.

I thought that Gnomes were the give-away to the article being a joke also as I've never heard of Gnomes in the Warhammer universe. Then I found this on page 32 of the Mariengburg: Sold Down the River book (emphasis mine)...
Quote :
HOUSE FOOGER
Still spry and alert at 177, Arkat Fooger is not only the oldest member of the Directorate, but also the longest-serving, having won his seat the year before the War for Independence. House Fooger serves as the spokesman for Marienburg's small Dwarf community and the few Dwarfs who still mine the hills west of the Bitter Moors, a role traditionally reserved in other cities for the Dwarfen Engineer's Guild. As the only non-Human on the Directorate, Arkat Fooger also looks out for the interests of the city's Halfling and Gnome communities.

Not knowing what goes on in werekin's twisted mind I thought just maybe perhaps... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Marienburg   Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2011 - 6:53

Went looking for old gnome minis from GW... some were pretty good, most were crap.

Stumpled upon this: a group of Gargoyles (lesser demons) running loose in Marienburg.

http://solegends.com/citrr/rr12barda.htm

I might have to write up that scenario...

Oh, and the regiments page also mentions a Khorne cult called the Red Redemption... completely out of canon by now, but it was the most realistic way I've heard in which Khorne could be logically worshiped by robe wearing cultists, rather than burly marauders. They come across as a mix between Possessed and Flagellants. Kinda neat, really...
http://solegends.com/citrr/rr16redredemption.htm
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Marienburg   Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2011 - 19:35

@Rational - Spotting the mention of Gnome communities is not something I'm sure you ought to be proud out! It may bring into question the validity of SDTR as a mighty sourcebook... Imperial scholars can expect to conclude the scribe was playing way too much D&D at the time. Rolling Eyes

@Styro - Damn, the old school regiments of renown. The sculpting is rather horrible IMHO. Take the Mad Mullah commando retinue of eastern/Arabyan warriors. This is the sort of thing you'd hope would have been really cool. Instead they suck ass! Some of the late 80's stuff like Skarloc's elves were pretty darn cool, even standing the test of time. Ooh I recently sold the masqued Chaos Monk musician from Red Redemption, and I'll confess that I didn't know that's what I had in my hands.

Flying gargoyles are hilarious! That's an entertaining snippet of Marienburg related fluff so I'm not surprised it tickled you sir! Wink

These gargoyle-looking lesser daemons evolved into Furies in terms of the gaming background. Is there a likelihood of harpies nesting up on the rocks in the Reikmouth Estuary and the city rooftops, and if anyone recalls the old hunting scenario used to deal with a harpy infestation!?

As for Citadel Gnomes. Wouldn't you agree these all look like deformed Dwarfs and Halflings?

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Marienburg   Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 0:07

@Werekin. I agree. Gnomes in Warhammer. Yuck! It's just unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Marienburg   Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 4:17

Fair enough. There really isn't any room for the gnomes anywhere.... The peaceful ones sound too much like halflings, the inventive ones are filled by dwarves. No room for their niche, really.

Not to say that I wouldn't love to see some of the old stuff revisited... Zoats and Pygmies in the New World, Norse Dwarves up North. Part of the reason the mention of "Sea Elves" makes my heart race.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Marienburg   Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 19:35

My wife would argue there's no reason for gnomes in D&D, either. But she's a bit of a sizist.

"Some of the late 80's stuff like Skarloc's elves were pretty darn cool,"

Still among the best elves GW has done, in my opinion. Although the recent plastic regiment is outstanding (if slow to paint, because of the layered clothing).

I look forward to seeing the campaign develop.

Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Marienburg   Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 20:09

I tend to stick to a rather sparsly popualated world in Warhammer, when it comes to the fantasy races.
I go with the humans, high, dark and wood elves, dwarfs, orcs and goblins. Its absolutely enough, I dont want a D&D sickness taking over, with all kind of useless and silly races and characters destroying the allready cool angst driven dark and rain wet setting that is so fantastic in the Warhammer world.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Marienburg   Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 23:35

@Tintin... I agree. It is the material that is left out that defines a game as much as what is included.

werekin wrote:
In terms of releases. I will be rolling out a chunky new campaign article soon. I have a couple more well in progress. MiM 'gang' lists we would like to be published as exclusives through third party web sites & 'zines which support the Marienburg campaign, when the timing is right.
Several more articles. Excellent Very Happy Hmmm... I still need to go and do some further research to refresh my memory of the articles Mark Havener wrote which will be revisited? in MiM (well if I had unlimited time I would so it probably won't happen or I'll get too lazy).
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Marienburg   Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Apr 2011 - 1:10

Only one article by Mark will be referenced during MiM. That one is going to be a mighty homage of a gang experience that I hope many will celebrate, with a festive jig to the sound of lively music. Smile

For your interest, my conspirator Frogprince reflects on some of his favourite non-human warriors when playing Mordheim, BTB and Marienburg here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gangs of Marienburg   Gangs of Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gangs of Marienburg
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2