Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item Empty
PostSubject: BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item   BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011 - 23:05

Hi Cianty,

When the defender wins the Heist scenario then they gain a chaos artefact, lesser artefact or other item. We played this scenario for the first time last night. The question arose... does the attacking warband get to use the stolen item during the battle?

Fluff says 'no' because the thief has the item and that is why the attackers are searching for the thief. However the rules are not clear and there were discussions about what happens if the thief stole a double-handed sword from a warrior leaving them with no weapon - would they fight with just a dagger in that battle? Some of the people in our group found that a bit odd and didn't like it.

I personally think that the thief has the item and therefore the item has to be chosen before the battle and cannot be used by the attacking warband during the battle. In our battle the thief stole a Hand-Held Mortar from me so if my reasoning is used then my warrior that had the Hand-Held Mortar would have been unable to use it during the battle.

How should we be playing this?

Thanks,

Ben
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item   BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011 - 22:24

I see the problem from a stuff perspective. But we found it better to not spoil what the scenario is about. The attacking warband has to protect their thief model not knowing if he will return with a powerful aretefact or if all he found was lesser magic scroll. I know it's weird to fight an enemy wielding the Chaos sword when it turns out that that was what was stolen. But usually you can find a solution to this after the game... maybe the model with the item in question didn't get to the item so basically it was not "in the game" or maybe the model was taken out and the thief took the item on his way back? I understand people who wish to determine the item first though. As usual, whatever works best for you is the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item   BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011 - 1:01

Makes sense. We don't mind either way it was just a question that came up. We have only played it once and the item was chosen at the end of the battle.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item   BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011 - 14:13

As written it keeps someone from getting a free look at all of your items before the match.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item   BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 2:52

I am leaning strongly toward the thief stealing the item before the game.

I would kind of like to see a series of small islands to search with the fugative rowing for his life when he is found. (Everythings about boats!)
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item   BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2013 - 19:38

Quote :
I would kind of like to see a series of small islands to search with the fugative rowing for his life when he is found. (Everythings about boats!)

Who doesn't want to see this!? Wink

Quote :
As written it keeps someone from getting a free look at all of your items before the match.

Rosters sheets need to be handled more transparently. Any player can look at your warband roster before the battle if they need to for any reason. Unless a campaign leader/organiser wants to handle things differently then it is my understanding that a square dealing approach is common practice...

Regards,

Werekin

Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item   BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BTB - Heist Scenario & Stolen Item
Page 1 of 1