Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

First own Scenario :)

Go down 
+2
Grumbaki
Jerry_O
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerry_O
Captain
Captain
Jerry_O

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

First own Scenario :) Empty
PostSubject: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2013 - 20:38

When I was painting my Posessed I watched a season of "The Walking Dead" and it got me an idea for a little scenario and at the same time a use for my spare 25 Zombies laying arround here Very Happy

The Walking Dead

Deployment:

Each Warband deploys in an area of 6"x6" in
one opposing corner each. In the middle of the board should be
a graveyard of 12"x12".

In the graveyard will be deployed 2D6 Zombies by a 3rd Zombieplayer.
And one of the 3 crypts will be nominated secretly as the treasureplace.
(I am using garden of morr for this therefor 3 crypts Wink )

Ending game:

If one warband manages to take the treasure chest off the board over their own deployment zone.
If one Band fails its rout-test the remaining player can decide
to continue searching, if they wish to. If they don´t nobody gets the chest.
The bandleaders may decide to ally against the zombies and can can share the
treasure afterwards. Or backstab each other Very Happy

Special rules:

After the warbands took their turns the zombieplayer has his turn.
At the beginning he rolls a D6 on 4+ he may deploy additional D3+2 zombies in the graveyard,
they can fully act the same turn. If the chest has been found by then, he deploys
D6+2 on a roll of 3+ and may place the zombies anywhere inside of buildings/ruins as he wishes.

If a bandmember enters a building/ruin roll a D6.
On a roll of 1-2 it will be attacked immediately by D3 Zombies,
which are put in basecontact with the model.
In a crypt this happens on 1-4 and with D6 zombies.

Zombie

M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 2 0 3 4 1 1 1 5

special rules:
immune to psychology, cause fear, may not sprint, an unsaved wound will cause the zombie to go ooA

Treasure chest:

5D6 goldcoins Auto
D3 wyrdstone shards on 4+
1 heavy armor on 5+
1 gromrilarmor on 6+
D3 light armor on 4+
D3 jeweled swords (triple sell value, beside that normal swords) on 4+
magical artifact on 6+

Experience:

+1 winning leader (if warbands share the chest and no band routs both leaders get it)
+1 for surviving
+1 for enemy ooA (heroes only)
+1 for each 3 Zombies ooA (heroes and henchmen)
+1 for finding chest
+1 for getting it into safety

So what do you think? Do you think 25 Zombie models are enough or should I get some more?

Edit: added the auto ooA

Last edited by Jerry_O on Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 15:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2013 - 20:51

I ran a similar scenario two campaigns ago. One issue is that all of the zombies are walking xp banks for heroes, especially later in the campaign. So what I did was this:

Zombies: WS2 S2 T2 W1 I1 A1 Ld5
- Recently Raised (no xp for killing them, a wounding hit takes the zombie OOA)

Doing it this way allows you to flood the board with zombies. Players should enjoy seeing their warband literally carve a bloody path of destruction across the board. When I played the scenario it was witch hunters v Middenheimers. It ended with his captain putting down a half dozen zombies and standing triumphantly over the corpses...only to get shot in the head by a crossbow bolt, and dying. While it hurt to lose his captain, my opponent was pleased that he had a heroic death, given the kill count.

Oh...and with lots of models on the board, it's a pain to have to remember which zombies just got up and thus can only stagger 2''. This solves that problem.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2013 - 21:04

The only problem I see with such nerfed zombies though is that they add no danger factor.

I like the scenario, a few things I would change/add are.
1: I would add to the scenario is more zombies to spawn if there are more players in the game. Something like D3+x zombies each turn. x= number of players.
This makes it the exact same as it is now for a 2 player game but for each extra player you get an extra zombie just for them each turn.
2: Maybe on the roll to spawn (D6 4+) on a roll of 6 a Vampire is added to the mix (base stats with sword and shield). This would help with the tougher warbands. Or just leave it as is and make sure it's only for newer warbands so not to become a huge exp scenario.
3: put in a rule in case you don't have that 3rd player that the zombies attack the closest enemy model.

over all it looks great. I just got some zombies to use in scenarios for zombie attacks.
Back to top Go down
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2013 - 21:19

No danger? Well, when we played it, with pretty early warbands, the zombies still took a few models out. When there are enough of the buggers, and they hit a single model, it can happen. 4+ to hit, 5+ to wound, then if the model is knocked down/stunned, the other zombies finish the job.

No, the zombies didn't do anything game changing, besides for a handful of models OOA. Then again, why should the zombies be the center of the game? It should still be two warbands fighting each other, with an annoyance factor. If a warband ignores the threat, then they get mobbed and taken down. That is also what the zombie player would be for.

But aye, I do agree that the scenario does look good, and the rewards for it seem reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Zargon the Black
Captain
Captain
Zargon the Black

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2013 - 21:55

Really sounds like fun.... will give it a go
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2013 - 21:55

It depends on your take on how it gets played. If the two+ warbands work together then such soft zombies won't do much.
Making them standard zombies though may lead them to still band to gether and rack in the exp.

with the softer zombies it may not be too bad but they re not strong and to me that leads me to think they will do little other then annoy and if the two warbands work together they get a chess with ease.

I guess it comes down to the goal of the objective, is it meant for early warbands or later warbands?
For early warbands I think this works fine even with the stronger "normal" zombies as the warbands will work together some to clear things out.
for later warbands they will work less together to grab the chest and it would still work; a vampire in the mix would help also for much later warbands but wouldn't be needed.
the exp issue though could still stand for a strong warband.
Back to top Go down
Jerry_O
Captain
Captain
Jerry_O

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2013 - 22:35

Thanks for your comments Smile

This scenario is meant for low warbands as it is, a version for more advanced warbands will follow by time Wink
The Vampire idea is very nice therefore. Maybe I will include something.....bigger. Ideas? Very Happy

Edit: As I asked above do you think 25 zombiemodels are enough for it?

Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2013 - 23:15

The game starts with 12 zombies first turn (max) and +5 zombies each turn. It would be then on turn 2's end that you will face 22 zombies with all 6's rolled.
As most warbands will see a lot of zombies spawn right away they will know they need to get in there and kill the zombies before they poor out and kill them well fighting the other warband(s).
If this were the case 25 may be too few.
But if you go with averages (3.5 per dice) you will see 7 in the start and have 4 new zombies every other turn (or 2 each turn). So you should be just fine with 25 zombies as it will take on average you will see a total of 23 zombies being spawned (summoned) by turn 7. Your game should end by then and I would say a good number of zombies would have been killed by that time.

ether way I think 25 is enough unless you want to make more (maybe convert some other minis you already have into zombies?)
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2013 - 23:18

I like this scenario. I invite you to check out this thread I did a while back based on an old 6th ed. WHFB Skirmish scenario. https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t6751-twilight-of-the-dead

Anyways, 25 zombies should be good for 2 players, but I'd up the number by 10 or so for each extra warband that shows up. By doing this as an early scenario, this can be a good way to get your heroes lots of xp, but the risk is definitely there, and the rewards for the treasure are definitely nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Jerry_O
Captain
Captain
Jerry_O

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2013 - 23:42

I hope they will be enough, since our first Zombieplayer will be our Mr. Six-Himself ^^ Whatever if not I using some Heroquest Skeletons/Zombies/Mummies will do hopefully.

Spectre76 this scenario looks quite entertaining, nice battle report by the way Wink
Sadly the link in your thread doesnt work. But some kind of Last Stand scenario was on my mind too.

I thought of something like 2 warbands collecting wyrdstonecounters and at some point in the game a bunch of zombies appears from all arround, and everytime you kill one it comes back next turn. And you will have to hold out, something like that.

I think I watched too much walking dead Very Happy

I have some more ideas for scenarios that are more challenging than just fighting another warband. Have to write some more down. The fact you like my first scenario encourages me Smile
Back to top Go down
Zargon the Black
Captain
Captain
Zargon the Black

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 10:22

We gave it a go today with 2 new warbands, Beastmen and Lothern Sea elves (from Sartosa). we managed to roll 4 or more every turn for the zombies so they were everywhere!

the minotaur was a great sweeper but was eventually overwhelmed. The elves got over run and the beastmen decided to call it rather then risk any heros.

Fun scenario! we used Jerry_O's zombie stats with Grumbaki's rule that a wound is an auto OOA so we didnt have to work out Knocked down etc.

Back to top Go down
Jerry_O
Captain
Captain
Jerry_O

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 15:25

I´m happy you had fun with my scenario and thank you for testing it Smile

I think I will add the auto-ooA rule. It should make the game faster but not much less challenging.

How was it with the Experience gained? Do you think too much or too less? Or was it balanced?
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 15:46

Jerry_O wrote:

How was it with the Experience gained? Do you think too much or too less? Or was it balanced?

I'm curious about this as well, as I'm thinking of incorporating this into our up-coming campaign too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 17:49

It sounds like it went well and the OOA rule should work out just fine to keep it flowing.
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 18:04

I love this Show also, and gave up writing a scenario for it. Mostly, because as I wrote it, the “Darker” it became. Mine started out with the “fluff” of a high area for Shards (add another d3+1) shards to each Warband at the end of exploration. That higher amount of Shards in the area caused the “Walkers” to be different than normal zombies. These are not controlled and very hungry. Meaning, they do not stop! Each building would have D3 Walkers in it. After game start, D6 Walkers (or more if you choose) start at a random table edge and move towards the center of town. And continue every round until game ends. Walkers move towards the living, by line of sight/sound. If it sees you, it moves towards the closet living model or battle sounds. Soon the Walkers will be overwhelming.

This is where it gets “Dark”. No “Route Check” or “Voluntary Route” You have to get off the table to survive. A wound from a Walker could infect the living with the Virus/bacteria or whatever evil causing situation you wish to call it. Treat a “wounded” model as infected (for latter purposes). O.O.A. warriors stay on the table. The Body would have to be carried off the table to be other than “Dead”. If a warrior is OOA by a Walker and no other Warrior is there to stop the Walker, the Walker will start ripping apart and eating the warrior on its next turn. He’s done for, take the poor Warrior off the roster. If a Warrior is OOA by other means, by a living, roll for “dead” injury. If the warrior is dead, take the warrior off your list and the next Walker teams turn, the warrior becomes a Walker too, and wants to eat! If the roll isn’t “dead” then the Warrior is unconscious stays there until something else happens; either a friendly Warrior picks him up and carries him off the table before a Walker gets him for lunch. Okay, for the “latter purposes” part, any warrior who was wounded by a walker but didn’t die then; is infected and if and when he dies latter, then becomes a Walker. This reeks of Nurgle’s Rot idea but could be fun latter.

Main thing! Since there is no Routing, any Warrior left on the table would be considered Dead. Walkers can’t climb. But can go up stairs and ramps. So if your warrior climbs up, he’s safe, for the time being. The walkers would eventually overwhelm and make rescue virtually impossible.

Like I said, this was very dark, and gave up on it for that reason. But, maybe could be a Campaign idea, or for a Campaign final Ending. Maybe, a scenario to rescue a Princess and her Entourage. The riches for those who rescue her. I know this was long, but I thought it could be used to spur more thought.

The only thing I hadn’t worked out with this Scenario is, how the Undead Warband works in this scenario. I wouldn't think that Walkers would go after "Undead" creatures.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 18:21

That may be a fun idea to take over into a full on campaign. Say some necromancer summoned up his own lot of more powerful zombies and your warband is ether there to kill the necro and stop his rain of terror before it spreads past the small region or your there for loot taking advantage of all the "dead" that don't need it any more, or for an undead warband they are there to help the necromancer but he won't share his knowlage with them (so there zombies are normal) and the walkers will attack anything that moves that isn't a zombie/walker so thus Zombies for the Undead are there only "safe" member of there roster... other demons/undead though may not "turn" but they can be killed in the same way as other warbands.
then the campaign is all about finding the necromancer who is trying to keep his location hidden well he builds his strength and force.
Back to top Go down
Jerry_O
Captain
Captain
Jerry_O

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 19:03

Shadowphx your scenario idea sounds nice, but I think it would be kind of too complicated. I am working out a pretty similar scenario at the moment but with less special rules. I will post my first concept later.
Back to top Go down
Zargon the Black
Captain
Captain
Zargon the Black

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 22:00

One thing i forgot to mention was we played with only 2 people and at the end of both players turns we had a 'Zombie" turn. Zombies would move 4" towards any player they could see charging if possible. Zombies that couldn't see anyone moved 4" in a direction via the scatter dice.

The experience was fine though it is tedious tracking kills for 2 warbands maybe hero's only? ... Only the Minotaur managed over 6 zombie kills... (now hes strength 5 affraid )

Having said that im sure at a later stage you could game it.... making sure the same hero/henchmen did all the killing.

We both focused on the zombies and trying to find the chest. Once the chest was found it turned into a massive melee around the chest with heros from both sides and zombies mixing it up. this scenario definatey favours fast melee oriented armies like beastmen, Carnival of Chaos etc

One problem for the elves was the zombies being able to act as soon as they appear out of the crypts... 3 times it was the crypt they were near (being locked into combat with other zombies) amounting to a wall of around 12 zombies that eventually took down the elves and the minotaur. This can be put down to bad luck though...

We got zombies every turn and it was a great number of zombies on the board and really added to the feel of danger. My recommendation would be to have the zombies appear every turn but at the end of the zombie turn so they cant charge straight away. This could give shooty warbands a chance...

Although keep in mind all of this was from a single game. I'm sure if we replayed it it might turn out differently...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First own Scenario :)   First own Scenario :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First own Scenario :)
Page 1 of 1