Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Chaos orcs?

Go down 
+12
5pointer
Skavenslayer
benjaminography
BalrogTheBuff
Eliazar
StyrofoamKing
Von Kurst
Ezekiel
Vissah
edward
DeafNala
Meandzija
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Meandzija
Youngblood
Youngblood
Meandzija

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeSun 6 Mar 2011 - 17:38

To whom it may concern:
I was thinking of making a possessed warband with orc minis. they are already made ill just convert them. so here is my question, can an orc become a chaos worshiper? i read a form where people said that orcs cannot do to waaagghhh. is this true? i know trolls and ogres can become part of chaos. why not an orc? i know orcs only seek strenth and power, but can a chaos god not give this to them? i know that orcs can be tainted by chaos(black orcs). may be some of the orcs who fallowed the ironclaw guy suriveded in the northern waste and became a chaos tribe?
plus with all the chaos in mordheim could they not fall to its lure? plese respond with your thoughts.

sincerly,
Meandzija
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeSun 6 Mar 2011 - 17:53

Well actually the thought of my Orcs going Chaotic never occurred to moi. HOWEVER, I think you'll get a better response on your question in the Rules section...SO, I'll move it for you.

BTW..WELCOME ABOARD!
Back to top Go down
edward
Veteran
Veteran
edward

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeSun 6 Mar 2011 - 19:47

maybe i could work.....khornate greenskins perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Vissah
Veteran
Veteran
Vissah

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeSun 6 Mar 2011 - 20:13

Orcs got there own gods so I dont think they could fall for Chaos.
Black Orcs are not Chaos Orcs they were created by the Chaos Dwarves.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeSun 6 Mar 2011 - 21:17

shure they can, if you like it the can...

the empire has it's own gods as well, and yet there are plenty of chaos worshippers...
I can't imagine a chaosgod that won't appreciate the power of an orcish brute and a small brain easily filled with chaotic influence?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 0:06

Its in the fluff. Orcslayer or some such by the new Gotrek and Felix author. Gotrek and Felix find a Dwarf hold overrun by Chaos Zombie Orcs. One of the locals is making a Khorne Orc force for Warhammer.
Back to top Go down
Meandzija
Youngblood
Youngblood
Meandzija

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 2:35

i think a choa god would easily influence an orc to do its bidding. all an orc wants is the power to defeat all rivals and possessed are the most powerful (official)warband ive ever seen. so thank you all for your responces. now feel more secure with my odd coice of warband! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 4:16

Would they be heretics, worshiping a third, bloodthirsty god known as Kork? Orc Shaman

Of course, a Khorne warband wouldn't have a caster... so if you wanted them as Possessed, they'd fit better as worshipers of Chaos Undivided. (Heck, unfocused tributes to random gods of unknown name and numbers sound like the Orcs getting MORE organized with religion than they previously had, rather than less.)

Although, on the subject, I never quite got how Gork & Mork fit in with the whole "chaos = magic" thing.

Hashut = lesser chaos god, khaine may or may not be an aspect of khorne, necromancy comes from chaos magic, the horned rat is probably tied in with Nurgle. Almost all other gods, at some point, have battled with the Chaos gods in some way.

Not sure how Gork & Mork factor, as they aren't tied in with the good gods, the bad bads, or any gods. They just kinda exist- a bubble, isolated from all other deities.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 10:42

StyrofoamKing wrote:
Not sure how Gork & Mork factor, as they aren't tied in with the good gods, the bad bads, or any gods. They just kinda exist- a bubble, isolated from all other deities.

I suppose they both chill out all day and beat each other up Wink But you're right, they are completely outside the rest of the Pantheon, not appearing in the books on Chaos and the Good Gods etc., either, as far as I know.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to an Orc Chaos Warband - sound promising to me!
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 18:08

I think Orcs can fall to chaos no problem.

Fortunately da boyz have no need for dose gits. Real boyz just follow da Gork and da Mork!

(Magic in warhammer comes from 3 main sources: Sorcery, Necromancy and Divine magic. Gork and Mork grant Divine magic in the same way Sigmar, Manaan, or the Lady does. The arcane colleges are sorcery, which is manipulation of Chaos energy/winds of magic. And if you can't figure out who uses necromancy or where it draws its power... This was paraphrased from what I remember from the Warhammer RPG)
Back to top Go down
benjaminography
Knight
Knight
benjaminography

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 20:54

Do it! One eyed nurgle orcs would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Meandzija
Youngblood
Youngblood
Meandzija

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 21:25

You know Gork and Mork are pretty much khorne and slanesh. is it possible tha they are avatars of the choas gods that turned into minor gods and then became neutral? could i mabe make a new chos god for orks with a similar back story?
Back to top Go down
Meandzija
Youngblood
Youngblood
Meandzija

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 21:26

no khorn and tzetch not slanesh. wrong god, sorry.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 21:29

Meandzija is mean. And hurt my feelings. The proper response is WAAAGH!

But you can always make up new things! Especially in Mordheim! This is the place to do crazy silly things. Just be careful if you try to make it affect rules that you clear it with your group first. Or if you are just doing the Orc-looking possessed rules that they know you are playing Possessed, not Orcs and Goblins.

I want to see how the mutant orcs turn out!
Back to top Go down
Meandzija
Youngblood
Youngblood
Meandzija

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 2:22

How do i post photos? i want to post my ghoas orc minis! WAAGGHH I MEAN KHORNE!
Back to top Go down
Skavenslayer
General
General
Skavenslayer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 8:14

Fun wise i say: YES and i want pictures Very Happy

Fluff, gotta say: no dont think so, orcs i to simple to change gods just like that - mork (or gork) is not just gods to them, they are part of them.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 11:04

Meandzija wrote:
How do i post photos? i want to post my ghoas orc minis! WAAGGHH I MEAN KHORNE!

Upload your photo somewhere and then paste the URL into the box that pops up after you click on the little photo button on the right side of the toolbar above the windwo where you're writing text.
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 22:27

Well there were Khorne Stormboyz in 40k so it has precedent.

Look forward to seeing your ladz!
Back to top Go down
StoneTroll
Warrior
Warrior
StoneTroll

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar 2011 - 3:53

I can think of no reason fluff-wise why Chaos Orcs are not possible. I would just ask a player to come up with a compelling back story as to whiy they worship Chaos. I actually think that Nurgle or Tzeentch would make the most sense, as Khorne seems too close to the current Orcish dieties. I could see some dramatic event turning them to Nurgle or Tzeench though. They discover a temple to Tzeentch and mutate, or they all come down with one of Nurgle's plagues, but Nurgle offers to spare them if they serve him, etc.
Back to top Go down
Louis
Captain
Captain
Louis

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar 2011 - 11:31

Nurgle's plagues??? You mean Nurgle's gifts! ; )

Nurgle Orcs would be awsome. I could see though, Khorne tricking a band of orcs to follow him, for a certain purpose.

I think mainly fluffwise, orcs tend to dislike chaos, as chaos seems to be about ending the world.
And ending the world means no more fighting forever. And that makes an orc very sad! orcs - Chaos orcs? 40268
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011 - 21:44

Shocked Khorne doesn't need to trick - Black Orcs, being far more disciplined and warlike than the other types of greenskin are obvious recruiting targets for the Blood God. (which ties in with Stormboyz of Khorne fluff)

And if da big boss sez to chant 'Blud for da blud god!" insted of 'Waaaaaaagh!' den yoo'd betta do wot yoo iz told!

Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011 - 5:49

Skavenslayer wrote:
Fluff, gotta say: no dont think so, orcs i to simple to change gods just like that - mork (or gork) is not just gods to them, they are part of them.

I'd say you could make a fluff argument for it. Adopting a new deity wouldn't necessarily entail abandoning their old deities (I don't think orcs would be overly concerned with monotheism or dedication to a specific deity, or even a specific group of deities). An orc would probably be all to happy to worship Khorne right alongside Gork & Mork, and Khorne would likely overlook his greenskin followers' dual-worship as long as they're causing enough carnage. Same goes for various lesser chaos deities or orcs worshiping chaos undivided.

Similarly, I could see a group of orcs, especially if led by a shaman, be manipulated by Tzeentch for some sinister purpose, and therefore displaying some of his gifts.

Nurgle and especially Slaanesh seem harder to justify, to me.

Anyways, I love this idea! definitely post pics when you start work on this warband.
Back to top Go down
edward
Veteran
Veteran
edward

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011 - 6:23

maybe a goblin shaman worshipping tzenteech....after all he is lord of tricks and cunning plans something a gobbo would admire
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Mar 2011 - 17:47

I don't know how official it is, but one site has a whole page on Chaos & greenskins. Most of the info seems be based off of WHRP stuff.
http://www.goblin-online.net/gobbos/gbrelig.html

Alternate Names for Chaos Gods:
•Kha^rne ... Khorne
•Mabrok ... Nurgle
•Sla'ekk ... Slaanesh
•Tzablekk ... Tzeentch (the spellings and pronunciations Zablekk, Sablekk and Tablekk are also widespread due to the common Goblinoid inability to sibilate the tz sound).

The site cited that most Greenskins prefer khorne (war) and slaanesh (causing pain). They also cited a unique chaos god, named Khakkek.

Khakkekk: Goblinoid God of Chaos

Khakkekk is a Goblinoid deity who turned to chaos as a young god. Khakkekk appears, to Old World Scholar eyes, as a cross between Khorne and Khaine, accepting tributes of blood (he doesn't mind which - Human, Gobbo, Wild Boar, it's all the same to him) and granting magic but having other qualities and tendencies very reminiscent of Khorne. Khakkekk appears as a very large grotesque, eight armed, horned goblin carrying a sharp sacrificial knife/cleaver in each hand and with a leering facial expression.
[[From Empire in Flames: "Ratscrote Boggobbler, the tribal Blood Wizard (as he styles himself) has done his best to convert the tribe to the worship of Khakkekk, a fairly bloody goblin deity who resembles Khorne, the chaos blood god. Khakkekk accepts tributes of blood, but does allow his servants some use of magic. Perhaps Ratscrotes prayers and rites have had some effect because the Bloodied Nose Goblins have suffered mutation and are marked out as the favoured of Khakkekk." Ratscrote also has a Chaos blessing in that he has the frenzy ability.]]

Alignment: Evil-Chaotic. Neutral is not accepted.

Area of worship: Parts of the Darklands mainly, scattered other Gobbo communities.

Temples: Temples devoted to Khakkekk are maintained by cultists, the main feature being a large altar, usually red uppermost (whether blood or paint is probably not too clever a question to ask - you'd be a sacrifice quicker than you could say "Hairy Green Tentacle").

Friends and enemies: Khakkekk shares a mutual contempt with the other Gobbo gods. He craves to be the one who will claim the world when chaos finally claims it to the void and maintains no friendly relations, Goblinoid or otherwise. Khakkekks embrace of chaos has left him totally, utterly mad.

Holy days: None special.

Strictures: Kill all other Humanoids whenever and wherever they are encountered, especially other Goblinoids.

Spell use: All Goblinoid and Demonic spells are granted by Khakkekk.

Skills: Torture, Strike Mighty Blow, Strike to Injure, etc.

Trials: Always involve the killing and sacrifice of a fellow Goblinoid - a Wolf or Humie might be sufficient for a common rite but for such a special test nothing less than a fellow Goblinoid at least as big as the subject being tested will do. The larger and more dangerous the sacrifice the more highly favoured it is.

Blessings: Mutations and chaos gifts as in Realms of Chaos. [[Special table of rewards of Khakkekk?]] %%% Mutations can alternatively be rolled on the tables in the Beastman or Chaos Warrior sections of the WFRP Bestiary.

Demons:

•Greater Demon:
Khakkekks demons are very much a mockery of the Goblinoid form, and the greater demon of Khakkekk could easily be mistaken for an Orc (albeit a tall one) from a distance or in bad light. A closer look, however, reveals the glowing red eyes, chaos armour and an impressive array of teeth and sharp talons (including a nifty pair of fangs). Its face could be a mirror of that of Khakkekk and it wields a fiery burning greatsword with immense skill. Standard greater demon profile.
•Lesser Demon:
Just as the greater demon mocks Orc-kind, then so does the lesser demon mock Goblin-kind. From a distance or in bad light it could easily be mistaken for a Goblin (albeit a tall one), but close up its glowing red eyes, the face reminiscent of Khakkekk and the impressive array of dangerous teeth and talons (no fangs though) are plain to see. Standard lesser demon profile.
•Demonic Creature:
These creatures, sociable in a similar way to Nurglings, appear as Snotlings with glowing red eyes (a common feature of Khakkekks demons, along with the pointy teeth and talons) and sporting D4 chaos mutations. Like the others, each has a face strangely reminiscent of its master... Standard demonic creature profile, or alternatively the Nurgling profile if you have Realms of Chaos: the Lost and the Damned.
•Demonic Steed:
Khakkekks demonic steed seems virtually identical, physically at least, to a Dire Wolf, and it may be that this is in fact what Dire Wolves are. Whether or not this is the case, they are virtually identical. Use the Dire Wolf description in the WFRP bestiary or that of Dire Wolves in this project.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011 - 20:32

Historically, the Ork race in the Warhammer world are resistant to the lure of the Chaos powers. This said, since in the lore Gork and Mork are the strongest gods existing, and have even given some of the chaos gods a good whopping, with the threat of destroying them if they try to tamper with the sensitive poor Ork minds.
However, Orks are also prune to copying various other races/cultures, and hence there have been some Orks in the 40K setting that copied the Khornite followers, because they thought that they where very warlike and the epithome of soldiery. With that in mind, I would absolutely say no to any chaos orks.
But, as allready stated, its your figures and your game world, so you can of course do what you like. But keep in mind, its not canon or true to the Warhammer lore and history.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

orcs - Chaos orcs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos orcs?   orcs - Chaos orcs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos orcs?
Page 1 of 1