Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone?

Go down 
+9
Eliazar
SerialMoM
sartori
Pathfinder Dubstyles
RationalLemming
cianty
BalrogTheBuff
StyrofoamKing
shotguncoffee
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

rules - Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone?   rules - Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Feb 2011 - 23:57

POOF! As if by magic, it's gone! affraid
It's really easy to double post a message...you just have to hit the "send" button ever so slightly too hard or double click it. What a Face
Back to top Go down
leonemaster
Hero
Hero
leonemaster

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone?   rules - Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb 2011 - 0:28

Eureka! I think I found it!

All right, this is my idea:

A total turnover for mordheim: game will be set in a pre-sigmar/rightwhensigmarwasborn time.
The world is totally uncivilised but for Elves and Dwarfes. Men aren't united yet and there's nothing like the empire or bretonnia: they are all marauder-like. The expansion will be mostly based on different human-type warbands, Orc and Goblin barbarians and Dwarfes and elves. The existent cities have been all destroied by the wars between elves and dwarfs, therefore the settings will be:
-Forests
-Ruined cities (mordheim-like but very old)
-Human rural villages

The warbands:

There will be a wide range of human-like warbands that rappresent both how the few humans present in the old world gather together to survive (or to defend their homes) and the options of gods/civilisations that were starting to rise.
Examples of human warbands:
-Farmers/warriors of a village, lead by the village chief, two strong-men, a 'healer' or something and the chief's son maybe?

-Groups of robbers/pillagers who are actually relatively "good" but have nothing more to loose and therefore pass on the 'bad side? maybe lead by some chief, a good archer, a dog teamer and a skilled robber/assassin?

-The very,very,very first Sigmarites: they saw the comet and feel, no KNOW, that the ONE is born. They are looking for him in every village and HATE orcs more than all. Maybe lead by a Warrior priest-like character and two other cool guys who are filled in by the poewr of some god but with very bad henchmen?

-Humans who leave in forests, in small groups but have learned, through a mixt of taming and magic, to make wolver, bears and other animals do their bad work ;P

-The first Chaos warshippers, who, n the worse desperation beg for help to the sky and get answered from one of the Chaos gods? I'd do specific warbands with quite different styles per god... Another option I thought of is the one of having Demoniac warbands in which a group of easely corruptable humans get approached by some lesser deamons (like Bloodletters, Daemonettes, Plaguebearers or Pink Horrors) sent by a big one to begin his corruption of the old world?

-Orcs and Goblin primitive warbands with fuhrs and all.... And maybe, referring to a passage from the 6th edition rulebook -"They came from the far east, sloughtering and reducing in slavery the human kind..."-, have them be able to enslave their prisoners and use them as very poor free henchmen in they have a particular kind of hero?

-Bands of awful beastmen, which are here Waaaay more powerful than in the original mordheim as other warbands will be worsly equipped and all, makig their natural streanght and toughness just great!

And more if you can think of Smile

I wouldn't include elves nor dwarfes as whole warbands as they have ended their conflict for the old war long ago and plus they would be way too strong... they will be included as hired swords though....
other hired swords will be dark elves, chaos dwarfs, lesser deamons and more....

Hired swords are here crucial as, to represent the rarity of actually good weapons, the fact that the warband includes a hired sword dwarf, for example, will give the player the option of equipping a hero with a powerful hammer or axe etc...
Iron Weapons are rare, to represent this, the streanght of armor is way multiplied but has some better effect (eg you can modfy your d6 throw of +or- 1 when rolling for injuries after battles) other than the normal armor effects. Also weapons such as swords and axes are rare. common weapons will be primitive spears, knives, wood axes, hammers and other kind of maces. Bows are quite rare but not much... I would represent this by letting only heroes be equipped with certain types of rare items.

Tell me what you think and if you like it well, than, let's get working!!

- leonemaster Smile
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone?   rules - Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb 2011 - 0:39

That could be a fun idea as well. Have you read the Sigmar novel? It is some great inspiration for stuff like that. Dwarfs seem to be dealing some with humans, but Elves are pretty much out of the scene. I suggested a Southlands setting as well. I will help out with whichever setting the group decides to move on with!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone?   rules - Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb 2011 - 11:34

If you consider doing a setting around pre-sigmar time, check out some of the fluff - large human factions were the Ropsmenn (Kislevite Norse), Teutogen, Ungol, and UNberogen (SIgmars tribe). Also, Black Orcs escaped from Chaos Dwarf captivity around -100 IC, Erengrad was settled and -50 IC, Middenheim was settled by the Teutogen following their leader Arthur (how creative). -10IC, Rijkers Island Fortress was founded (todays prison of Marienburg).

So I think while they were underdeveloped in Academic, Magic and Blackpowder standards, they weren't that far off todays Kislveites or MIddenheimers and not completely furry barbarians with stone weapons. However, in terms of surviving together, I think before Sigmar they were fighting each other all the time like the European tribes about 2000 years ago, with Sigmar being the first to conquer and unify them.

All in all, I think this would be a pretty awesome setting Wink

A BTB-style campaign with a storyline would fit very nicely, too, I think, perhaps focussing on the leaders of the Tribes, how they join Sigmar (or not) and then take part in a final battle driving back the orcs and crowning Sigmar.
Back to top Go down
leonemaster
Hero
Hero
leonemaster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone?   rules - Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb 2011 - 12:07

I didn't mean like barbarian-like humans but rather villager-looking ones... like some paesants with like village warriors. They are totally undeveloped in blackpoweder and magic terms but are already skilled hunters and farmen. They are divided in small groups(warbands) wich are basically either wondering groups, struggling to survive, or villagers defending their newly constructed wooden houses etc... I had tought about a BTB style campaign but I'd make it more vague than what you say: I'd make it something like that, based on winned or lost battles, the respective god/community or dunno will give magic/more advanced equipement until reaching the eventual point of having a Spawn of chaos or a Sigmar-like character in game. I'd like to base the campaign on advancing characters eg. the 'son of the chief' in the villager warband starts with very bad caracteristics but is the one who will advance the better and hopefully be noticed by some god who will give him magical weapons or a chaos hero gets to buy posivive mutations every won battles and bad ones every lost battle... But for the campaign we'll see that after... I'd firstly create the setting completely...
Back to top Go down
leonemaster
Hero
Hero
leonemaster

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone?   rules - Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb 2011 - 12:31

nooooo can't believe they don't make Teutogen Guard anymore!!! they would have been perfect!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone?   rules - Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where have all the interesting Rules threads gone?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2