Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My Lizardmen

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Laura_moo

Laura_moo

Trading Reputation : 0

My Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: My Lizardmen   My Lizardmen Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010 - 1:48

Hello,
...a bit of background from me.... My names Laura and this is my first lizardmen army and first Warhammer army ever! I got into the hobby via my boyfriend whos on this site and has his very own workshed dedicated to the hobby so it would of been rude for me not to take advantage of his Warhammer related skills.

Its not a big army so far i wanna take it slow and buy one pack at a time and finish it before starting on something else(something that he is absolutely cack at doing). I haven't really played a game of Warhammer yet, i'm more into the painting part at the mo really Smile

I'd like to know what you guys think of my lizards

My Lizardmen Fdf10

My Lizardmen Img_9011

My Lizardmen Untitl11
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

My Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lizardmen   My Lizardmen Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010 - 2:18

Those are phenomenal first models. I'm amazed!

As a lizard player myself, I'm happy to see you chose the most awesome army to begin with. They're a lot of fun in the small scale Mordheim setting if you're not ready to take on the full Warhammer battles.

The salamander looks quite demonic right now with the color scheme and the hollow black eye. I'm not sure if you're planning to fill it in, but it's a neat effect right now.

If you manage to paint everything you get before buying more, you will have accomplished the nigh impossible. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

My Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lizardmen   My Lizardmen Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010 - 2:40

Well first off...WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep Yet Surprisingly Cool Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. May your stay be LONG & MERRY! cheers
Now as to the painting...you're a natural. I know Folks that take years to reach that level. Nice choice of colors, well based, & a clean painting style...VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup

If you're going to keep the Salamander Guy's eyes black, a dot of white of yellow will give them a glowing effect.
Building up a Mordheim Lizard Lad War Band prior to launching into a full War Hammer Army would give you a chance to experiment with different color schemes; it beats painting up several dozen minis only to decide you hate the colors. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

My Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lizardmen   My Lizardmen Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010 - 3:21

Woah, those beat the pants off of me first orcs!

Lizards are fun, lass! Glad to see you enjoying the hobby and a phenominal way to introduce yourself!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Laura_moo

Laura_moo

My Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lizardmen   My Lizardmen Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010 - 3:54

Awwww thanks guys for the warm welcome to the forum! i was expecting some harsh critics about the paint job but i'm so glad you all think they look good! Very Happy though i imagine the washes made them look better

I'll have a go at putting white onto their eyes but i dont have that much of a steady hand so it can either go good or bad..... we'll have to see eh?

I like the lizard men army and from a girls point of view i'd say its the most cutest army out there! Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

My Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lizardmen   My Lizardmen Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010 - 14:18

Laura_moo wrote:
I'll have a go at putting white onto their eyes but i dont have that much of a steady hand so it can either go good or bad..... we'll have to see eh?
For a steady hand you just have to brace your painting hand. Put your elbows on your legs & place the heels of your hands together...this will steady even the shakiest of hands. What a Face

Laura_moo wrote:
I like the lizard men army and from a girls point of view i'd say its the most cutest army out there! Smile

I can identify...well not with being a Girl, but otherwise. For we who are more painters/modelers than gamers, the "look" of a mini is what attracts us. For moi it's the innate cartoony silliness of of Goblins If you REALLY like the Lizard Folk, you should check out Dark Swords cutesy Frog Kingdom minis:
http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/mainwebsite_html/visions_gallery.html
AND Reapers Reptus:
http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/reptus
The only down side of using non-G.W. minis is that you can't use them if you play in a G.W. store or tournament.

Another thing you might enjoy from a painting aspect is that lizards & their kin in tropical settings like South America/Lustria tend to be WILDLY COLORFUL with vivid shades that span the spectrum. Look up some Tree Frog photos for inspiration...your only limited by your imagination; SO have FUN! What a Face
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

My Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lizardmen   My Lizardmen Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010 - 18:59

Lovely finish on your gang of scalies Laura and welcome aboard. My friend Michelle has abandoned them in favour if pursuing river piracy in our next skirmish campaign! This means we have an opening for dragonfolk when we get together and roll dice but I dunno if you guys are to the north or south of Great Albion... Anyway I hope you have reason to pick up the Mordheim rules and get some use out of these and don't forget to give them a nice coat of varnish or two first if you do game with them. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

My Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lizardmen   My Lizardmen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Lizardmen
Page 1 of 1