Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Random Mutations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Random Mutations Empty
PostSubject: Random Mutations   Random Mutations Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 22:30

In creating a warband based on a group of mutated local soldiers I have come upon a bit of a problem with making a random mutation chart. I am aware of the power in the stones article, but I am unsatisfied with it as I don't like the possibility of having a rather expensive character start with a hunchback or one of the mutations that don't do anything. Even with a re-roll in a few of my attempts to make a model Warband my leader came out worse or no better. So here I have come up with a list of mutations I think would be appropriate for a random list. The character would cost 30 gcs more than a standard captain so if any of these seem to good/bad for 30 pts please let me know. Some of them are from the posessed list and would cost more but I feel like the random elemen makes up for that a bit.

Ranked in what I feel is best to worst:

Iron Hard Skin - The mutant's skin has become extra tough giving him +1 toughness which may put him past his racial maximum

Extra Arm - from the possessed list

Beak/fangs - The mutant's mouth has become a sharp beak/grown large fangs he may make a special bite attack at his normal strength that strikes last

Hideous - Mutant causes Fear

Scales - The mutant is covered in thick scales giving him a 6+ save that may be combined with any other armor he is wearing.

Prehensile Tail - The model has grown a tail that he can use to keep his balance and grab things. He may re-roll any failed balance checks for jumping or being knocked down(not stunned) near a ledge. He may learn the tail fighting skill when he gains a new skill.

Cloven Hooves - +1 movement

Dead Nerves - Many of the mutant's nerve endings have died, meaning he feels almost no pain. The mutant treats any stunned injury results as knocked down instead.

Horns - The mutant has grown an impressive set of horns allowing him to make a special gore attack when he charges in lieu of his normal attacks. Resolve this attack at +1 to hit and +1 strength

Blackblood - from the possessed list - whenever the mutant suffers a wound any models in base contact suffer a strength 3 hit

Burning Eyes - the mutant has developed the ability to sense heat sources almost as if using heat vision goggles. The mutant doubles the range at which he may spot hidden enemies. He also doubles the distance at which he can charge unseen enemies, and does not need to test to do so.

What do you think? Properly ranked? Are they close enough if effectiveness? I figured tackling this one issue might be easier than trying get feedback from the rest of the warband at the same time.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Random Mutations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Mutations   Random Mutations Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 11:39

Hi.

Both the 'Power in the Stones' and 'Sawbones' articles by Daniel Carlson which were originally published in Town Cryer were revisited and expanded upon for my recent article 'Corrupted Characters' which is available to download on the www.bordertownburning.de.vu web site.

Regards,

Stuart.

B-)
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Random Mutations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Mutations   Random Mutations Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 12:18

Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Random Mutations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Mutations   Random Mutations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Mutations
Page 1 of 1