Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!

Go down 
+25
Duce
matt
dwi
sartori
pascal the rascal
Mithras
WarbossKurgan
conan the ballbearing
folketsfiende
Da Bank
HornedRat
tomogui
Myntokk
Ezekiel
Mordheimer
Ashton
the bearded snot
Pfreck
werekin
Gobbo Freak
cianty
Eliazar
Svenn
Admin Tom
DeafNala
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010 - 21:48

i feel good about the fact that all our little efforts can mean help to someone who needs it
Al, like everyone says ; you're always here for us, and when we heard you had some trouble, we were all glad to be able to reach you a hand
(well, a postal distant kinda thing, but you know what i mean)

I was never much of a charity guy, but this forum seems to do something to me ...

now, go ahead, and make texas unsafe !

all the best man, we love you
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010 - 22:23

pascal the rascal wrote:
now, go ahead, and make texas unsafe !

I'll give it my best shot...although this time out it may very well become the Wierd West. SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Suspect

pascal the rascal wrote:
all the best man, we love you

The feeling is mutual. SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Herz
Back to top Go down
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010 - 23:27

DeafNala wrote:
WELL...actually I going to the Austin area. SO El Paso is safe...for the time being. SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Suspect

Not a big fan of Texas, but if I were to move there it would definitely be to Austin. Really really cool town!

Thanks
for all your contributions to the board Alan, we really do appreciate you and your humor, constructive criticism, and enthusiasm for the hobby! Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010 - 10:14

sartori wrote:
Not a big fan of Texas, but if I were to move there it would definitely be to Austin. Really really cool town!

Actually, Texas is one of those places I had thought of as a place to "come from", not a place to "go to". Circumstances have altered this perception...somewhat. SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Suspect

sartori wrote:
Thanks
for all your contributions to the board Alan, we really do appreciate you and your humor, constructive criticism, and enthusiasm for the hobby! SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_smile

You're welcome...I hope to continue inflicting the Forum with my wit & wisdom...such as it is. SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Suspect

Last edited by DeafNala on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 8:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mithras
Veteran
Veteran
Mithras

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010 - 20:25

Mordheimer wrote:
Gentlemen, we are now taking bets on how long until it starts to happen AFTER DeafNala gets to TEXAS! I give it 72 hours.

Seems you were a tad too optimistic: "Record snow n Texas" SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010 - 20:25

The coming of DeafNala was foretold in the prophecies... the snowfall signifies the beginning of the end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 2:02

Mithras wrote:
Mordheimer wrote:
Gentlemen, we are now taking bets on how long until it starts to happen AFTER DeafNala gets to TEXAS! I give it 72 hours.

Seems you were a tad too optimistic: "Record snow n Texas" SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_razz

It is the Apocalypse!!! RUN!!!! I swear... Texas will never be the same!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 2:20

I am planning on hitting the slopes again in early March after I get back from Hawaii. If conditions are horrible, I blame Texas and ultimately Deaf for stealing my good snow Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 8:48

Mordheimer wrote:
Mithras wrote:
Mordheimer wrote:

It is the Apocalypse!!! RUN!!!! I swear... Texas will never be the same!

This is a possibility. Wednesday we had ANOTHER 15.4" of the GOD AWFUL STUFF! It couldn't fall on Vermont or some other place folks like it...NO it HAS to fall on me. SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Suspect
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 12:05

Good luck in your move Deaf

Your buddy dwi SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 14:11

UPDATE, The Wheels ARE In Motion: Old John will be leaving on his Northward journey sometime today. In preparation, he's baking several pounds of oatmeal & chocolate chip cookies.
He's informed me that when we arrive in Texas he's cleared away a 16'X27' work/living space for moi; AND, after some coercion on my part, he's read up on Mordheim & is enthusiastic about building the WHOLE city. This has possibilities. SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Fresse
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 15:51

Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Mithras
Veteran
Veteran
Mithras

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 16:57

Hope you have a safe and pleasant trip. Playing Mordheim with your mate in Texas sounds like a great prospect!
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 17:01

Awesome! Sounds like enough space for a Mordheim Tournament! keep us posted on the developments Wink
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 17:18

Wow! TAKE YOUR DEMONICALLY POSSESSED CAMERA... we demand PICTURES of the table you guys build!!! Ahhh... the things of dreams!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 18:13

Awesome! I know who's hosting a meeting soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 18:39

Eliazar wrote:
Awesome! I know who's hosting a meeting soon SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Lol matt just suggested the same thing.
There's a Mariott Hotel within walking distance of John's place. AND, Austin, which I'm told is a VERY COOL city, is a mere 30 minutes away via car. It could be the Show Down at the O.K. Corral Mordheim style...fill your hand, Pilgrim! SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Fresse
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 19:24

let's make ships out of foam to set sail and conquer! pirat !

Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 12:48

matt wrote:
let's make ships out of foam to set sail and conquer! pirat !

Matt, dont forget our supply of burgers, pizzas and such for the long voyage SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin we must be prepared for a siege SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_razz

Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010 - 18:57

...AND I've arrived in one piece...more or less. SO it's the end of the good times for you all. You'll soon be regaled with stirring tales of the GREAT WESTWARD JOURNEY...Parental Discretion Advised. SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Suspect

Last edited by DeafNala on Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 18:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010 - 18:58

*builds a campfire*

Please, oh wise one. Tell us the stories of your journey!
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010 - 21:59

Oooohh...... this is bound to be great!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 5:46

HAHAHAH!!! I hope you have pics too... for us dumb people that only read picture books!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Mar 2010 - 13:58

THE GREAT WESTERN JOURNEY...sort of:
Having spent a restless, angst drive, coffee fueled early morning wandering about collecting the last few things to be transport to the distant Dwarven Keep deep in the Hill Country of Karak Texas, the Deaf One decided an hour or so of sleep was in order. No sooner had the Ancient One closed his eyes when the Mechanical Wagon of Nohj Reppelk thundered up to the Crumbling Tower of Alind the Merciless. Scant minutes later the Journey began. [translation: I didn't expect John until the following day; SO...Bilbo-like I departed in a flurry of unpreparedness, leaving several wanted thingys behind.]

Long hours later the two wizened Dwarves arrive at the Comely Home of Thomas the Navigator [Tom supplied us with a detailed map of the BEST route to Texas, which John tried in vain to ignore most of the way there.] in the Fair Land of Mary [snow covered Maryland].
Too soon the Bold Adventures were off again. Stopping briefly at the Keep of Andrew the Scholar, Adviser to the Five Sided Tower of Fiscal Irresponsibility [Andy Birtle is an old gaming chum who I haven't seen in almost 30 years. He has a Doctorate in History & works as a historian for the U.S. Army. Getting reacquainted was one of the trips highlights.] to renew the spirits & view the Great Hall of War [Andy has a HORDE of historical minis in various scales AND a 20'X6' gaming table], the Grumpy Ones were off to Karak Bragg [Fort Bragg, NC], Ancestral Keep of Drugart, where the Weary Travelers feasted & renewed their spirits [Bo, Michelle, & Trev welcomed us into their home AND treated us to a WONDERFUL Mexican dinner. I got to see all Bo's UBERCOOL Dwarves & showed off some of my seedy Goblins].
The Passage through the Southlands passed uneventfully until the Fair Mountain of Texas [Beaumont] was reached] where The Travelers toured the Fabled Halls of the Ultimate Shoppe of Minis [Book Stan II's, has an UNBELIEVABLE stock of ancient Citadel minis]. Thence to the Ruins of Workshop of Gaming [we stopped in Katy for my VERY FIRST visit to a GW store only to find that they went out of business].
Finally, through the swirling snow [it ACTUALLY snowed the last hundred or so miles...life can be SO CRUEL], the Workshop of Nohj hove into view. The Great Journey was over, but the Adventure goes on. SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 73199
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Mar 2010 - 15:01

Nice story!

You went through Maryland! Should have stopped to visit Tewfik and I. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!   SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPEECHLESS...FOR ONCE!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: Shout it out! (free-for-all) :: General Shouting-
Jump to: